derek west

can anyone from the ccdo give me some more info on this bit of the day?

i'm doing the alltec 3 day in may (if it doesn't get cancelled)

and i'm doing the smart seal 1 day (in shaun country ;D) in april but i was thinking of popping along to this at the ccdo if i feel it will help.

much info as possible please

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: • An introduction to natural stone floor cleaning - Ian Taylor
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:32:07 pm »
Don't forget that it's Aston Hotel NOT Aston Hall Hotel, many a mistake there and the latter will have anything cleaned for free (perhaps it's a Sheffield thing)

Which way you going? I'd recommend Woodhead and travel across to junction 35a and come down the M1 to junction 33, be busy around 35a as there's a miles of speed cameras.

Shaun

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »
Hi Derek

We have kind of left Ian to his own devices on this (as of course we should do). Why don't you drop him a pm or an email and I'm sure he will elaborate.

Ian's father ran a natural stone retail outlet and Ian spent much of his younger days there learning his trade there. I guess if your heart is set on doing the training it might not be worth you going for that reason alone as I'm sure it will be a case of what is involved in the learning as opposed to the learning itself.

For what it's worth, there are a number of guys that want Ian to do a course which had in fact been pencilled in (me, Shaun, Ricky, Jason, Billy T etc.) but for other reasons we just could'nt all get together at the same time. If the Altec one does'nt look like a goer then perhaps we could sort some dates athe ccdo.

Pete

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:19:25 pm »
I've done the Aquamix day that Ian used to run for tilers, and it was excellent. You won't find many more knowledgable or helpful blokes. Whatever Ian does it's bound to be useful.

Chris

derek west

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:37:35 pm »
can i just say (just incase cos we all know how typed words can be mis heard so to speak) i wasn't questioning ians cred, just wanted to know what he was covering on the talk.  have you got his email pete?

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:16:31 pm »
Hi Derek

It was more of a plug for the ccdo than a justification of Ian's credentials but I can understand why you might say it.

Here's the website. sure you can reach him through here, he is the top man in europe for Aquamix.

www.aquamix.com

Pete