derek west

£10 a carpet
« on: December 13, 2008, 03:58:52 pm »
price shopppers are quite annoying, and some are quite rude.
so its pay back time.
when they ring they never ask what methods i use, how good i am, just "HOW MUCH MATE"
a tenner a carpet will be my reply.
and after ive hoovered them thoroughly i will  then ask for my money.
if they don't pay up i'll take them to court.
after all, ive cleaned the f@@kin thing.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: £10 a carpet
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 04:04:07 pm »
Offer them 2 levels of service, wet clean and dry clean, tell them exactly what you do and then say prices.

Or

Tell them that you dry clean the carpet then wet clean it.

Shaun

JandS

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 04:06:58 pm »
That's because they assume you use the best methods and are good.
If I wern't a cc but wanted carpets cleaning I wouldn't even know to ask about those things.
It's like ringing a plumber and asking him to fix your broken boiler, you wouldn't ask him if he is any good or what method he's going to use to fix it, you would, of course, say "how much is it"

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:09:37 pm »
tell them its £10 a room, when they want to book tell them your next available space is June 11th 2012 :D :D

BUT you can offer them the platimum express service and you can do it next week, but it has a £80 surcharge!!
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 04:12:23 pm »
i was only joking,
nice one mike, like it.
derek

clinton

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 05:36:56 pm »
 :)

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 05:45:00 pm »
The reason why people ask how much do you charge to clean a carpet is because they do not know what else to say!
Why not answer their question by saying between X  amount & Y amount depending on the size and how dirty it is.
You would be amazed at how many will start a conversation and give you size and condition of carpets.

Another  little tip is to ask when they are looking to get it cleaned, this usually takes their mind off price.

pete sween

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 05:56:29 pm »
Dave's got it.

Ask any open question and you'll start a converstion and from then on lots of positive things happen.

He's also right about not knowing what else to say. Just because they ask for price it does'nt mean that is their biggest buying motive.

Pete

p.s. Dave, any joy with Prochem yet?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 06:00:06 pm »
Taking the prospects mind away from price is the first thing then build yourself up by what you offer and also find out what they want, no point of offering bells and whistles for a rental but if they ask for cleaning of a very dirty house they are moving into the conversation will go in a different way, price as stated always comes last.

Shaun

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »
pete rather than go off thread call me regarding Prochem's availability?

David_Annable

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 11:02:13 am »
Hi

I find with these people its best to give them a resonable price & they go away.

Really we are playing a numbers game, if 2-3 out of 10 are like this concertrate on the other 7 that arn't.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

carlton care

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:44 pm »
I sometimes wonder how some of you have lasted more than a few months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The people who seem to upset you by asking a question and a perfectly reasonable question, at that, are members of the general public.

They are potential customers
They could lead to a lot of future business, or............
They might work for a newspaper / TV / radio and give you a negative write up

They are people with a want, or a need, if you don't want to deal with them, go and do something else, because you certainly should not be in a service industry !!!!!!!!!

How often do YOU ask HOW MUCH ?????????????????????

Really ?

THESE PEOPLE........................M G, the person asking the question is only, in most cases breaking into a conversation in the most obvious way that occurs to them and if that offends you, how will you deal with commercial enquiries, if they ever come your way?

David_Annable

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 04:45:47 pm »
Hi

I think you are missing the point!

There is a difference between someone that asks

"How Much is it"

and someone that asks

"How Much is it"

and someone that asks

"How Much is it"

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

derek west

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 05:00:19 pm »
i think most of you are missing the point,
it was a light hearted joke.
get a sense of humour fa fork sake.
i know how to deal with them, i'm doing realy well. and i know when they generally can't be turned round to a sensible price. i was just joking at what i would of liked to do.
i despair, i really do.
a sense of humour goes a long way in this business too!
derek

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 05:50:31 pm »
Well, I laughed at what you'd initially said but you could have been serious, perhaps you should incorporate canned laughter somehow, like they have on crappy american shows...

As far as being a comedian goes, maybe you should stick to cleaning carpets......... I'm only joking by the way ;)