Mike Halliday

Re: £175.00 a ticket for a carpet cleaning seminar
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 04:14:59 pm »
a quick tip Ian, where ever you cut & pasted that from don't go there any more ::) ::)  its generic marketing waffle that can be heard or read anywhere.

http://sbinformation.about.com/cs/advertising/a/aa020203a.htm
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:31 pm »
the idea that referral marketing is as simple as..... 'do a good job at a fair price and people will recommend you'[/i.......] is in my opinion is wrong,  its not as simple as that.

you first need to consider the 3 types of people that you will get recommended to.

1) family,

2)  friends ( inc' work colleagues)

3) business contacts & associates

you cannot try to harvest referrals from each group in the same way. You  must  put yourself in the shoes of the person you are asking the referral from and understand their motivations and thinking process.

think of a customer who recommends her daughter- very low risk

think of a MD of a large company recommending you to another MD, they are not just recommending you they are vouching for you.... putting their own reputation on the line  so high risk

to think all you need to do is hand out a bottle of spotter and say" tell your friend about me"  is not going to do it

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:38 pm »
Mike

You got me exposed at last.

No seriosly one of the lads said Goggle Referals so I did.

You did me a favour as it trigered my brain into rembering I have a 10 CD collection  by Jay Abhams on referals

My experience in nearly 20 years direct sales follows what you have said in your post.

However if I could acheieve a 50 50 split I would be happy

james roffey

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 09:26:37 pm »
if he is as good as this guy then I'll go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJPPjGrU7g&feature=player_embedded

2mins 40 seconds is why most of you won't succeed

Mike

Me too Mike,  inspiring, insightful, and strangely rather moving.

Plus i love that song "a change is gonna come"especially if Sam Cooke sings it

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 09:40:05 pm »

7 Fire Ways to Build Your Referral Business

1. Set A Target: In business, measure the results to improve performance. Set a clear goal with a time line. Example, 10% increase in referral business over the next 10 weeks.

2. Timing: Conventional sales wisdom claims the best time to ask for the referral is immediately after the close. This tactic is far too aggressive. Give your clients time to experience your service or product before asking for a referral. Ask for the referral at close only if your client is already delighted with your business.

3. Top 20: Not all customers are referral candidates. Find the top 20% that are ecstatic about your business and ask them for referrals. Make sure their network is the type of client you want.

4. Give and You'll Receive: Give your clients extra service and follow-up support before asking for referrals. When you give willingly to your customers, they will return the favor.

5. Type of Customer: Inform your referring clients of the type of customers you can help. Provide a clear picture of the customer demographics will help your referral marketing.

6. Rewards Program: Provide special rewards to your referring customers on a regular basis. If a customer provides you with 5 sales, offer them something special, e.g. discounts.

7. Thank-You:
"Create a basic thank you letter that can be personalized and sent to each referral you receive. Treat your referral sources with the utmost of care and you will not only build a foundation of trust but keep hot prospects coming to your door."

This might help

These tips are simple but when executed on a regular basis they can drive your referral business and build sales revenue. Start today and watch your referrals grow.

are you on commission Ian?  ;)

the testimonial thing was shocking, they all lost any trust anyone could have in them

james roffey

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 09:45:56 pm »
I think most custies are camera shy, but to get bogus video testimonials surely is a criinal offence according to recent laws on trading?

If it isn't, it should be !
If these guys are supposedly turning over £17 - 20 grand a month, then why do they have to resort to these tactics.

You would learn more in the bar the night before ccdo, talking to like-minded people, than you will learn on these courses.

The best marketing is word of mouth and referrals, you only get this by doing the best job possible every time and being polite, professional and going the extra mile.

Plus, it you do this every time, price ceases to be the most important factor - in my experience.

Steve

I could not agree more, these are i think the fundamental values of good business,

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 04:35:23 pm »
so did anyone go?  how was it?

I was chatting to howard partridge the other day about this, he had some interesting ideas. ( just thought i'd do some name dropping :D :D )