Carpet Dawg

Re: £10 per room
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 07:12:49 pm »
I had a call today. "Hi, do you still do carpet cleaning?" yes i said (immediately knew it was that annoying asian lady that always pesters me about the price before and after the clean! so was on my sh*te list), "do you still do 4 carpets for £40?" £40!!!! away to yer bed sprang to mind!
"NO, sorry we only do commercial work now, have a good day" and hung up on her :-)

Tony

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »
Hi all,

I saw the Northumberland £10 carpet clean guy coming out of my estate. On the side of his van he had in massive lettering...

£10
Carpet Cleaning

I laughed as I passed him which he saw me doing!

UPDATE! Caught him in the shopping centre and took the piccy!

paul wallace

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »
He is sitting top of yell for Newcastle, now I would not like to be paying good money to be sitting behind that  ::)
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

paul wallace

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 05:34:58 pm »

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 05:38:55 pm »
I wouldnt have thought so going from a big money franchise to a tenner a room.

paul wallace

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 05:45:16 pm »
well they say they have been cleaning carpets since 2002! http://www.youtube-youtube-youtube.com/glee-cleaning-company-ne.htm

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 05:47:58 pm »
Cant say Ive ever heard of them or indeed seen their van before.

Not worried in the slightest!

paul wallace

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 05:52:57 pm »
Good man, each to their own but I'd not travel the northeast for 10 a room!  Wonder if there is a min price!

john aitken

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 06:07:45 pm »
well they say they have been cleaning carpets since 2002! http://www.youtube-youtube-youtube.com/glee-cleaning-company-ne.htm

ive been cleaning carpets full time in northumberland for 24years  [yes yes im old i know]   and its only been this year ive seen him
not worried about him worried about damage he can cause

paul wallace

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 06:13:13 pm »
Thats the thing, if you charge £10 surley you can't be doing a first class job or at worst not trying to do a first class job?

calmore

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 07:09:32 pm »
Problem with these £10 a room merchants they make it difficult for everyone else to justify their price.

Custy phones up and you quote maybe £60 for a job an the reply comes "such-and-such is doing it for a tenner". 

Whilst you and I know that they are doing a S&D or B&S the customer doesn't always understand/believe this.
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Marti

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »

On the other flip of the coin, these people are keeping other carpet cleaner's feet firmly on the floor ie. not charging stupid prices for only cleaning carpet  :-\

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »
^^^ £10 a bloody room! Awayyyyyyy as they say in Newcastle :)

Got to say though, that signage on the cheapos van will be effective at getting calls!

Marti

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »

£10 per room (outside house) **** (inside house) + this + that + other = £75 per room

john aitken

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 07:22:39 pm »
Problem with these £10 a room merchants they make it difficult for everyone else to justify their price.

Custy phones up and you quote maybe £60 for a job an the reply comes "such-and-such is doing it for a tenner". 

Whilst you and I know that they are doing a S&D or B&S the customer doesn't always understand/believe this.

thats what im saying    ice cream fella pulled up outside my house and said   how much do you charge.  before i could answer he said he'd seen a van with £10 on it.
i said yeah but do you know if his any good  .
  well hes a carpet cleaner  your all the same
i said tell you what  ill pay the tenner  then ill clean half  and if it comes up better you give me twice my money   wouldn't be on  [his ice cream SUCKS as well]

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:36 pm »
Probably generic ice cream John. You wanna go to the ice cream shop in Seaton Deleval...bloody gorgeous it is!

calmore

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 08:35:14 pm »

thats what im saying    ice cream fella pulled up outside my house and said   how much do you charge.  before i could answer he said he'd seen a van with £10 on it.
i said yeah but do you know if his any good  .
  well hes a carpet cleaner  your all the same
i said tell you what  ill pay the tenner  then ill clean half  and if it comes up better you give me twice my money   wouldn't be on  [his ice cream SUCKS as well]

You shoulda said to him that you'd just seen an ice cream van selling 99's for 10p each. When he argued you could hav ethen said "Ice cream sellers are all the chuffing same"
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

wynne jones

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »
Why would you want custies who think £10 a room anyway. These people aren't even worth spending time explaining to.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:58 pm »
Hi John

Its when someone 'baits' a customer like a fish - with a cheap advertised price. This gets them hooked. Then when they agree over the phone to do the job, the 'operator' then starts coming out with add ons before actually starting the job.

These are usually:

1. The rooms are bigger than thought. More dough.
2. Why not have a double clean? More dough.
3. Do you want deodoriser? More dough

The list can go on and on. Now all of a sudden the price has increased significantly ::) Is it dishonest...yes.

Mark

On my leaflet it says that anyroom over 144 sq ft is concidered 2 rooms
We also say that some carpets need to be double cleaned that is extra
We also advertise deodorizer