NWH

Re: Ever get the feeling ........UPDATE.
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2021, 05:59:39 pm »
I’ve just given another 1 away a couple of weeks ago it’s like builders cleans people kid thereselves they have plenty of work,if you did you wouldn’t be scraping concrete off windows anytime soon would you.

james peters

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2021, 07:14:02 pm »
I’ve just given another 1 away a couple of weeks ago it’s like builders cleans people kid thereselves they have plenty of work,if you did you wouldn’t be scraping concrete off windows anytime soon would you.

softwashing on render is nothing like builders cleans.
and nothing like fascia and gutter washing.
I can get in a morning softwashing what I can for 6 hours on the windows , and its easier graft also
I do have plenty of work, but if you read my post, I am doing them for a few hours on a saturday morning to help my son who is in college.
up untill now I very , very rarely work a saturday morning, but not only is this good for my son to get him earning through education. it is quality time with each other.
the fathers out there will understand the importance of quality time together

jim bean

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2021, 08:50:47 pm »
Is that on flat render or the pebble dash stuff?
I’ve seen a few done and it just shows up the flaky paint I thought it was done in prep for painting but it seems to be instead of!

Always shining

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2021, 08:55:44 pm »
Don’t listen to him James. He’ll be banned again in a couple days 😀
You do what’s right for you and your boy.  Quality time together and earning. Win win 👍

KS Cleaning

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2021, 09:24:40 pm »
Don’t listen to him James. He’ll be banned again in a couple days 😀
You do what’s right for you and your boy.  Quality time together and earning. Win win 👍
By all means if you yourself don’t like what he has to say, don’t listen to him, but encouraging others to do likewise is a bit below the belt.

Always shining

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2021, 09:47:34 pm »
I was offering support to someone who was talking sense about spending time with his boy. Cant see for the life of me see what’s wrong with that.
Why should what he says be questioned by someone who is continuously contentious and talks gibberish for the most part?

james peters

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2021, 10:06:47 pm »
 i dont need encouraging or discouraging  ;D
I have been in this  for 29 years .
what I  dont like is being belittled by idiots who think they know better...( no names mentioned) spouting nonsense
even after 29 years  I am learning off people on this forum . many who have less years experience than me .
I  am doing really well . but I dont feel i need to elevate myself and put others down .
I am dipping my toe into other ventures like soft washing . I dont need to or need the money , but i want to to mix things up .
smudger ...  splash and dash and zesty have really helped .
but i have been to scared to ask for advice at times  because every subject gets hijacked by a certain person spouting drivel .
its so annoying .

james peters

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2021, 10:35:48 pm »
 8)

james peters

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2021, 11:26:56 pm »
whilst  im on the giggle water ....
I am lucky to have a good woman ... she is a renal nurse  ... she has spent years dealing with kidney treatment

Always shining

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2021, 06:42:05 am »
👍
Have a good day mate

james peters

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2021, 08:28:26 am »
 ;D

NWH

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2021, 11:36:04 am »
Thank you KS we should listen to what he says though really he has reached almost 50 posts.

Ggh

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2021, 04:30:34 pm »
Thanks for the advice Robbo
39 years in the business I hope it comes soon 😀😀
Remember it was just my opinion!
As for follow the Americans way. That’s priceless. I lived next to an American years ago. He always had to have the better car, the better strimmer, the better lawn mower, his extension had to be bigger than mine. It wasn’t the fact that he had better things than me. Good luck to him. He had earned his money so could spend it on what he liked. It was the constant TALKING about them!! Seriously boring. For me personally back then (20 years ago) and today more than ever I find there are far more interesting things in life to talk about than money. It is ‘in my opinion remember ’ all about as someone once said on here ‘Willie waving’.
Totally unnecessary and pure bland!
Come on off you go ........
Gently though please 😀

i agree talking about money is not something i do outside of the forum.......but its a BIG part of window cleaning IMO ...when i first joined this forum in 2009  i was earning around £16k-£18k a year trad and was absolutely sick of climbing ladders.....

fast forward 12 years and its more like 50k a year for part time hours,no collecting and no ladder climbing!love it!

im proud of my business/round and how ive managed to knock it into shape over the years.....this forum gave me the confidence to charge more and treat window cleaning more like a business and that i am GRATEFUL for!

12years!!! What have you been doing?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Bungle

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2021, 08:16:18 pm »
what I  dont like is being belittled by idiots who think they know better...( no names mentioned) spouting nonsense
even after 29 years  I am learning off people on this forum . many who have less years experience than me .
I  am doing really well . but I dont feel i need to elevate myself and put others down .
I am dipping my toe into other ventures like soft washing . I dont need to or need the money , but i want to to mix things up .
but i have been to scared to ask for advice at times  because every subject gets hijacked by a certain person spouting drivel .
its so annoying .

Do what many others have done and put him on 'ignore'. Believe me it's great 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2021, 10:02:41 pm »
Yeah just put him on ignore 🤣🤣🤣

Smudger

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:18 pm »
its so annoying .

Do what many others have done and put him on 'ignore'. Believe me it's great 👍

Are we talking 'Nige" here - is he still posting carp ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Gringo

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2021, 06:00:45 pm »
Still posting but as I've blocked him can't see any of his repetitive drivel superb👌

mjm

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2021, 06:32:54 pm »
what is the ignore and whare is it

Smudger

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2021, 06:42:31 pm »
click your name at the top of the page or go to profile

go to modify profile  on the bottom of the list is the buddy/ignore list - enter name of the one/s you no longer want to see - not sure what the buddy list is as I haven't got one   :-\

Darran  ;D

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2021, 06:45:37 pm »
click your name at the top of the page or go to profile

go to modify profile  on the bottom of the list is the buddy/ignore list - enter name of the one/s you no longer want to see - not sure what the buddy list is as I haven't got one   :-\

Darran  ;D

thank you  ;D