paulchambers

Re: Leaflet Delivery
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2004, 06:51:14 pm »
I deliver leaflets every 4 weeks to the same area, how many times would you do this considering not get much work from that area though itis a nice area with large houses,   paul

Glynn

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2004, 07:18:58 pm »
you want modern estates with plenty of kids, pets etc - familys.
Regards
Glynn

adl

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2004, 10:17:56 pm »
Glyn

Are you delivering to wade hall as well ;)

regards Dave ADL

Dave_Lee

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2004, 10:49:36 pm »
Paul,
Its quite normal to only get one job per thousand as an initial response, but chances are if its a good leaflet that people will keep, you will get many more jobs in time to come. I have had the same initial response but over the following two years or more picked up as many as 25 jobs off that same drop.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Neil Gott

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2004, 12:41:22 am »
I too built my business many years ago by delivering leaflets with my own fair hand.

That method brings the benefits of target marketing (avoiding residences containing aggressive dogs, partly dismantled vehicles on the front lawn etcetera), gaining familiarity with the areas, and getting in your daily dose of excercise. I used to really enjoy the activity and as has already been said the leaflets were delivered in tact and there were opportunuties to talk to people.

I am soon to do some more leaflets because  I now need to "top up" my client list to compensate for those who have died, gone into homes, split up, or left the area.

If you are interested in the Royal Mail service go to

www.royalmail.com and search for Direct Mail. Could be worth a try.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

Glynn

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2004, 01:13:12 am »
Dave555
No I leave wadehall (dodge city) for you along with callun, moornook and liptrott ;D
Regards
Glynn

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2004, 01:47:56 am »
Dave555 and Glynn, looks like you are both working in very nice areas.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2004, 10:24:19 pm »
Paul, Are you using leaflets with prices on them.

It could be if your prices are in the region of 30p a square foot you have not sold the quality of your service on the leaflet and custromers think you are expensive.

Just a thought.

They work for Mike but he is a long established business and known in the area.

Jacko are your leaflets priced.

Just a thought.

I do not use priced leaflets

paulchambers

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2004, 10:35:08 pm »
Ian  

I have  example prices on but dont specify sq footage and also says prices vary to room size,
]
i made a mistake and never had address printed on my leaflets i now print address on the back and i'm starting to get a response.

I also have 3 for 2 offer which also may be a mistake

Paul

neil 47

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 11:24:23 pm »
i  have been delivering 100to 200  leaflets at a time and been getting 1 to 2 jobs they defenitley work ::)

neil
IICRC

John_McGavin

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2004, 07:15:43 pm »
Had a quiet week this week so my day off yesterday I printed off about 200 leaflets using my PC and handed them out in my estate.

First time Ive done this and have a booking already. This will definately be a regular thing from now on.

The leaflet had some example prices and offered 10% off normal prices.

J
John, Falkirk, Scotland

paulchambers

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2004, 07:52:41 pm »
Does anyone get results from redelivering leaflets to the same area .

Most of my quotes are coming from new delivery points .

Delivered leaflets this afternon to a new area and got a quote on Monday    Paul

gwrightson

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2004, 08:46:57 pm »
Paul  i do believe Mike H delivers around every 6 to 8 weeks same areas, with good results as he would quote   " the more they see your name the more they will remember" when they do require a c.c. i have just got a number of orders from a second drop, the first was 6 months ago ,  i would say that if they see your leaflet and require a c.c. in nr future they would keep, some may hold on , even not considering having c.c. in nr future .
but a second drop later promts those who either just binned  (didnt need at time) or didnt even see the leaflet
(hubby binned etc.)  so yes i do believe its worth it,
sure mike will tell you the more the merrier :D
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

paulchambers

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2004, 08:57:46 pm »
Thanks geoff that makes a lot of sense   Paul

littlejack

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 09:40:23 pm »
I too have been delivering leaflets. Early days ..Bit by a dog at one letterbox...Watch your fingers..

Had to pick kids up from school today and had a brainwave..Several hundred (mostly) women stood about in one place waiting for little cherubs

Next time I will leaflet them!....Good idea?

jacko

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 10:26:15 pm »
Ian, I do not put prices on my flyers, but rather emphasise my "quality" services. I have photo of me in uniform & van. I then adddress "Dear Householder" with a small intro about us. I have a text oval listing "Our Services" and a text box quoting our "Customer Charter". I do a4 size folded twice.
I have tried A5 and postcard sizes but A4 works best for me.