Bernd

Dynamall question- spots.
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:25:51 pm »
How do you handle spots (Coffee, tea etc) when using Dynamall? Do you mix a stronger solution to pre-  spray them before  cleaning? If so, how is your dillution for the Dynamall spot solution?

Darran Pryce

Re: Dynamall question- spots.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 08:04:34 am »
9/10 the coffee stain on carpet tiles will budge (even more so if custy has not tried to remove it with 1001 or something similar).  If not,  try stronger dilution rate as per instructions.   

We always inform the customer, we can never fully guarantee to remove  every stain . 

Bernd

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
9/10 the coffee stain on carpet tiles will budge (even more so if custy has not tried to remove it with 1001 or something similar).  If not,  try stronger dilution rate as per instructions.   

We always inform the customer, we can never fully guarantee to remove  every stain .

Thanks for your reply. Will try it with the dilution rate as per instructions.

"Pre-Spray Treatment: Dilute 1:10-15 parts hot water. Spray heavily soiled
areas & traffic lanes prior to shampooing." and for spot cleaning

"Spot & Stain Removal: Mix 1-8 parts water. Apply to the affected areas, allow 5-10 minutes of dwell time. Blot with a towel. Rinsing is not normally required."

I am still learning how to handle Dynamall in different situations with different spots. Thanks for your help.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 08:07:58 pm »
I find pretty much all coffee stains vanish with just the normal dilution. If there are any deep looking coffee spillages or areas affected with flood water i.e. leaky ceiling, leak from a water machine etc. Then I'll go round with a spotting machine and thoroughly rinse out the stains that I think may wick back (I'm only talking about a few of the stains, not all spots!).

Then Encap the whole lot. Its probably not necessary but its a good safety measure that will prevent a call back, or worse yet them not calling you back at all, like ever!! and only takes 20 mins.

Bernd

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:37:25 pm »
I find pretty much all coffee stains vanish with just the normal dilution. If there are any deep looking coffee spillages or areas affected with flood water i.e. leaky ceiling, leak from a water machine etc. Then I'll go round with a spotting machine and thoroughly rinse out the stains that I think may wick back (I'm only talking about a few of the stains, not all spots!).

Then Encap the whole lot. Its probably not necessary but its a good safety measure that will prevent a call back, or worse yet them not calling you back at all, like ever!! and only takes 20 mins.

Thats a good idea using my spotting machine for the tough ones and then encapping the whole carpet! Better to  invest 20 minutes more than a disappointed customer!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »
Bare in mind the rinsing will remove the bulk of the coffee stain. The peroxide in the Dynamall will take care of any remaining staining. So no need to go mental with the hand tool.

Bernd

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 08:52:04 pm »
Thanks. Dealing it like you adviced should do the work! Will try it on my next job with heavy coffee spots.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53:57 am »
Dynamall is 1:20 for cleaning isn't it?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Bernd

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 10:19:08 am »
Dynamall is 1:20 for cleaning isn't it?

Yes. The 1:20 dilution is on the label for general soiling.

stuart_clark

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 08:24:18 pm »
Dynamal dilution rate is  20-25/1 depending on degree of soilage
ive mixed it at 15/1 before now on realy bad tea/ coffee stains in a call centre I did in chester le street last year, it came up a treat but wear gloves at that dilution as it burns your fingers

Bernd

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
Dynamal dilution rate is  20-25/1 depending on degree of soilage
ive mixed it at 15/1 before now on realy bad tea/ coffee stains in a call centre I did in chester le street last year, it came up a treat but wear gloves at that dilution as it burns your fingers

I will try it next time with the dilution of 15/1 when the carpet is stained realy bad with coffee. Then i will try my new bonnets. I got some like the Microbeast - the gray microfiber bonnets with blue scrub stripes.

Same like these: http://www.amazon.com/Golden-ASP19M-Microfiber-Carpet-Bonnet/dp/B00QRZ42QA?ie=UTF8&keywords=golden%20star%20microfiber%20bonnets&qid=1461009020&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

dustee

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
Once diluted / mixed how long will Dynamall last

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »
It will still work but the Hydrogen Peroxide booster will have disapated a few hours after its mixed so won't deal with tea, coffee or water stains as well.

dustee

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »
John am I right in thinking you don't need a stain remover with Dynamall ?

Also what's the difference ( if any ) between Dynamall  & Procaps