Jamie Pearson

Re: Domestic encap products
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 06:38:15 pm »
Is it any more economical?

I find encap quite expensive when used at the right dilution rate (not what's on the bottle)

I did a big commercial a while back and used £150 worth of encap.

Releasit DS2 works out around 4p per m2

SimonW

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:50 pm »
Neil47 where do you get pads for oreck? ?

Cheers

gwrightson

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:02 am »
Is it any more economical?

I find encap quite expensive when used at the right dilution rate (not what's on the bottle)

I did a big commercial a while back and used £150 worth of encap.

Around 30 lts of encap give or take ,

How much did you earn  for that ? how long did it take you ? 

I would have thought AT LEAST  500 sq mtr for 5 litre  used with a minimum charge of £1.00 per sq mtre done in under 2 hours !!!

How is that expensive ?

Geoff

So for a £500 job and you use £50 of encap? that's 10% of the job value. Yes I'd say thats expensive.

Craig ,

I think you missed the point I was trying to make, perhaps the way I put it !!

The figures I have give are at the least you would expect, and I would be very very happy to be able to earn £500 in 2 hours for a lay out of 10% , wish I could do that every day :)

So just to put you mind at ease, the system is capable of achieving 400 mtr an hour and less solution used, giving an even better margin.

I don't want to be intrusive but as the  question is relevant to you post, could you answer how big was the commercial job? what was the price? , perhaps then we could evaluate why you think it is expensive.
I would be interested to know when you say you encap, what system do you infact use? I have now been using encap for around 10 years with a cimex and I remember the days when people were scoffing at the system, some still do ::)roll  .
What I have noticed recently is more and more c/c wanting to use encap but don't want to get the right tools, they simply put down a pre spay and go over with a rotary,  fair enough , I am not saying it wont do a job, I don't think it will do the job as well or more importantly as efficiently as the correct machine, my opinion I know, I have tried other ways of encapping , not for me ;)
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

stuart_clark

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 08:31:46 am »
I cleaned two specsaver stores last night in south yorkshire, these are regular cleans ie three monthly and have been for over ten years, although they have changed the carpet a few times
last night I used my chemstractor as I didn't feel that my cimex wa inappropriate,  just that in the fact there are too many nooks and cranies and although a cimex can devour dirty carpets , I thought it would be easier with the Chemstractor, each store is about 200 sq mts and takes approximately two hours to clean inc scrubbing Amtico, I aint making £500 for two hours but not far off x2

Stuart

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 08:34:06 am »
Forgot to say I used Releasit DS2  about 500ml of concentrat e in total to clean the two stores

Stuart

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:51 am »
Chemstractor is a dedicated low moisture cleaning machine and in my opinion superior to a rotary and in league with the Cimex. We use the Rotobrite variants a lot along with the Cimexs in the same way as Stuart for areas with lots of furniture coverage where we can bob in and out of desks. Like the Chemstractor and Cimex they have built in sprayers so save huge amounts of time being able to dispense as you clean. At 50kg and 20" and build for the task they perform amazingly. Yes a rotary will work but as Geoff has pointed out if you do a lot of this type of work a dedicated machine is easily justified.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 11:36:43 am »
Where abouts in South yorks were you Stuart ?

Shaun

JandS

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 02:30:36 pm »
Couple of weeks back did 560sq m of office so total area actually cleaned probably equates to about 500.
I used 38L of ready to use Dynamall so around 2L of concentrate.
At £32 for 4L that's £16.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

stuart_clark

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »
Shaun
dont worry mate, not Sheffield ! Lol I could have that one if I wanted, but to big and too far,
I was in barnsley

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 08:53:20 pm »
I don't do or want them Stu because I hate night work and tbh they're yours I'm not after taking anyone's work I was just interested.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 09:12:02 pm »
No problem Shaun, I used to do over a 100 but I sold half of them to servicemaster west yorkshire last year ! Got to take it easy at my time of life ! Phew :D