Mike Halliday

Re: Happy at last! (One-Step)
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »
I've never been happy with how i clean carpets :'(

I've always thought I could get it cleaner, get it to dry quicker, leave less residue, be healther.

So I mucked about with every machine I've ever bought, tweaking it, trying to get more  performance out of it. I've tried every chemical under the sun looking for  the best clean possible.

but  I can say now,  I'm happy at last!  

One-step pre-spray, High flow (3x no3 jets), high temp'(95-100+ degrees) freshwater rinse.

Carpets & upholstery are very clean, healthy, and no residue. ( This zero chemical rinsing also sells very well to customers ;D)

If you want to stand out from the crowd try this formula, its works fantastic and when you start explaining to customers why you're different from all the other carpet cleaners it really makes a differance ( and you can charge more )

Mike

and 10yrs later nothing has changed, still cleaning the same way,

all the new super-duper chemicals that have come along none are the miracles that they are touted as..... they are all just hype

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »
I bought into the CFR One Step when it launched and absolutely loved it.........but my brain kept telling me I really needed heat on some jobs and that was provided by an Ashby's in line heater usually about 15 feet from the wand.

Like many others I never quite fell in love with the concept of pushing rather than pulling the wand and when full the CFR was pretty heavy which did my back no favours.

On domestics the One Step / Klanz / CFR combination was excellent but the Klanz was too light for heavily soiled commercials and the single vac was not adequate above the first floor level.

Mike Halliday

Re: Happy at last!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:14 pm »
Derek, you'll have them all wondering how I get 100+degrees from a Bane :o.

I use 2 power cord and have fitted a 'vac-box' which hold 2x3 stage heavy duty vacs. This with the Bane blower greatly increases the vac power.

The water is heated with a diesal burner which if I turned up fully would produce temps' of 140 degrees.

Mike

This post has reminded me how long I have used a diesel burner to heat my water, 9yrs and it's still working perfectly, in that time it has only needed a new set of jets(£17).

2 power cords combining a pd blower and 2 heavy duty vacs, 9 yrs ago I was using a Machine  that was more powerful than what's 'new & advanced' now :D

garry22

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 06:22:19 pm »
Like many others I never quite fell in love with the concept of pushing rather than pulling the wand

Everyone is different.

I still use the push wand and find it fantastic, with no strain on my back. I used to get really good results with One Step too.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 11:38:42 pm »
Mike have you any pictures of your set up? sounds interesting!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 03:42:30 pm »
Sorry Russ no pictures this is 9yrs when I was chasing the dream of a powerfull electric machine, thinking that adding new pipes or changing parallel to series made a real difference.

In the end I woke up and smelled the coffee.... Bought a cheap petrol TM for £500 and never looked back :) :)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 05:59:48 pm »
Caught me out thought Mike had gone backwards I should have known better!!!!!!!! Got Mossey to blame for going back to a 9year old post ::)
Thanks PAUL

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

clive ware

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 12:19:58 am »
Have to say, with the price of fuel and machine repairs I was probably earning more money with the bane!

jon barnes

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »
want to do a swap for the banes in our garage clive? i'll even throw in all the        spares! ;D

clive ware

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 02:43:08 pm »
Jon, do you think you`ll be able to find them underneath all the bits and pieces you`ve got in your garage?!! ;D

Elfyn

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »
Have you tried Shockwave Mike?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
A cheap petrol TM for £500? wow what is it?

Ferenc G.

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:34 pm »
You can get a good bargain every now and then. I've seen a HM Spitfire 4.0 fully refurbed on fleabay the other week. It had a new 21hp engine with only 16hrs, winning bid was £670.