Shaun_Ashmore

New toys
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:16:15 pm »
I wonder what van fest will bring?

Had a word with Jamie and he's going to be like Santa as he's got all sorts to show, hopefully all other exhibitors have something a bit unique I know Restoremate have a new encap shampoo.

What's everyone else wanting/looking for?

Shaun

Len Gribble

Re: New toys
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »
Euro or national lotto will do, but wouldn’t mind numatic shampoo brush in the mean time ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »
3 Points off Liverpool  ;D

Beach ball required.  ;)

PaulKing

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »

Had a word with Jamie and he's going to be like Santa as he's got all sorts to show, hopefully all other exhibitors have something a bit unique I know Restoremate have a new encap shampoo.

Shaun

its very good that encap shampoo got some minging coffee stains out of a commercial office last week
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Mark Slaney

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »

Shaun

What he didn't tell you!! Was speaking to Jamie today as well. Couldn't keep him quiet. ;)  :D :D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:48:26 pm »
I'm not exhibiting anything. I have a one of our techs vans as he is on holiday with some of the kit we use. Just so happens we sell most of it too.

There are 2 new machines that I know of. It's not me that's showing them.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »
I may be exhibiting an impressive hangover.

Most of my new toys don't arrive til Tuesday next week :(

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 09:26:06 am »
 Ian Come and see us at the Carpet Cleaners Carnival – Saturday 15 th September

We will have our New Alltec Evolution Twin 6.6 Vac machine with In-Line Heat and Run on the stand for demonstration. The bigger Vacuums mean quicker drying times and the In-Line Heat and Run means instant Hot Water when you need it!

Our New Chemical labelling solves all the previous issues we had and also look much more professional.

Register now with the NCCA for FREE Entry to the Carpet Cleaners Carnival at Wickstead Park. http://www.ncca.co.uk/ccc.php

See you there,

Chris
Thats one New Toy

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:13 am »
Thats 3 new toys (that I know of) to check out.

Looks like it will be a good show.

mark_roberts

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »
At last. A portable with the new vacuums AND heat AND with the design attractiveness of previous Alltec machines should be winner.

Probably weighs a ton but can't have it all.

Mark

john martin

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 07:41:40 pm »

Alltecs design integrity and build quality  ,  6.6 motors and heat  ...    that should strangle the Jaguar   :D

jim mca

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »
Have they used the sandia or there own machine for the evo

john martin

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:52:35 pm »
Have they used the sandia or there own machine for the evo

Would be good to see a completely new design  , but cant help thinking it would make sence for them to use the existing ' sandia' casing .
all they should have to do is fit the 6.6 on a new manifold  in the Elite 500 and stick an evo sticker on it ..

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
I believe it's an existing body but with new set up inside, I'm not sure about strangling the jag as you buy the machine from the supplier you like if anything I think it may strangle the storm as that's of a simular weight, the jag is very light for its size.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 11:11:11 pm »
I believe it's an existing body but with new set up inside, I'm not sure about strangling the jag as you buy the machine from the supplier you like if anything I think it may strangle the storm as that's of a simular weight, the jag is very light for its size.

Shaun

If its the fiberglass body it will be no lightweight but top notch build quality ...
If its the plastic id say it would be around 55kg as opposed to 42kg for the jag ...
but the alltec weigh will include an inbuilt 3k heater and cords ...
and which are u more likeky to manage to haul up a few steps ...  id say the plastic alltec with with an upright design and large back wheels ....
this is a similar upright design (50kg) stair climbing at 1.30 in this vid ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s34zx5oE4X0

One things for sure .. u won't see the jag along side it at vanfest ...  its the same MO in the states .... they never show it in public at shows as they know the body and design wont stand up to public scrutiny and comparison  ....

Jim_77

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 01:54:17 am »
... or they just let the machine and its many satisfied owners do the talking ;) ;) ;)

Paul Moss

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 02:27:05 am »
Why is there so much BS about machines, the ones discussed above are all good top end party's and would do any cleaner a good job. I remember two guys having an argument about a vectra and a mondeo and I just thought to my self how mad as they are both similar cars but look a bit different, at the end of the day they do the same thing  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 08:06:25 am »
Hi Guys

Altec have always made a range of solidly built, British machines and have a good service dept to help take the grief out.

Yes they are heavy but so is a Bently.

Cheers

Doug

Paul Moss

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:50 am »
Now I've never tried cleaning a carpet with a Bently  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 08:41:59 am »
try loading one in the back of your van  :o :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

AshWhite

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 08:44:51 am »
Cleaning with a Bentley is one thing, try carrying one up a flight of stairs!
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:36 am »
let's ask the scousers  :o :o :o

:P

Paul H

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:44 am »
3 Points off Liverpool  ;D

With bit help from a few beach balls again..maybe! ;D

Ed Valentine

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »
Mr. Martin;

I must respectfully chime in with this opportunity and help set the record straight.

You stated:  "....
they never show it in public at shows as they know the body and design wont stand up to public scrutiny and comparison  ...."

That statement is so far from the truth and has been only spewed out of ignorance with a certain and personal adjenda.
The fact is, that Jim Neal commented correctly above.

After near 40 years, we have been very proud to have very satisfied customers from all over this Planet, and our equipment, designs, engineering, and technologies/innovations have always and will continue to lead the way into thousands of users who have done their research.

The internet has changed the way most do business these days, however, understandably, you have no idea how or what we do here in the States. That is understandable.

I am sure you will agree that it appears whenever you have an opportunity to discredit the very popular JAGUAR 6.6 Industrial System, you certainly take front row and many times  standout as the only individual in a sinking row boat. It is one thing to perhaps like, or, dislike something but it is another to envoke the method of criticism you have adhered to.

In the end, sir, I do hope that you have been as successful as we and I promise you that we will never ever tell you how to run your business.

Thanks for reading, Gentlemen, and allowing us to set the record straight.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

john martin

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »
Mr. Martin;

I must respectfully chime in with this opportunity and help set the record straight.

You stated:  "....
they never show it in public at shows as they know the body and design wont stand up to public scrutiny and comparison  ...."

That statement is so far from the truth and has been only spewed out of ignorance with a certain and personal adjenda.
The fact is, that Jim Neal commented correctly above.

After near 40 years, we have been very proud to have very satisfied customers from all over this Planet, and our equipment, designs, engineering, and technologies/innovations have always and will continue to lead the way into thousands of users who have done their research.

The internet has changed the way most do business these days, however, understandably, you have no idea how or what we do here in the States. That is understandable.

I am sure you will agree that it appears whenever you have an opportunity to discredit the very popular JAGUAR 6.6 Industrial System, you certainly take front row and many times  standout as the only individual in a sinking row boat. It is one thing to perhaps like, or, dislike something but it is another to envoke the method of criticism you have adhered to.

In the end, sir, I do hope that you have been as successful as we and I promise you that we will never ever tell you how to run your business.

Thanks for reading, Gentlemen, and allowing us to set the record straight.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Thanks for setting the record straight ...  :)
I think i have a right to express my opinion on the machine ,
Im sorry if you dont like it  ...

As far as my statement been far from the truth ....  and ' having no idea how we do things in the states '

I'l just borrow a couple of thread snippets from a US forum ....  

Quote  from Mytee's John La barbera

"
As far as a porty shootout is concerned, Ed will never put his machine side by side with others. He did it once at the ISSA show in the early 80's and went home embarassed and never came again. We go every year to these shows. We take our lumps as it helps us improve our machines. Ed has been selling the 3 motor mismatch, 1 1/2" inlet and hose, for 30 years. Calls everyone else's machine generic and he turns around and copies Mytee .

The reallty is that it was Ed distorting the performance numbers of his unit dispite protest from here and abroad, and that is dishonest. Even on this thread, why didn't they post the water lift numbers, just as easily as the cfm numbers? Those 2 components is the backbone of the performance of any vac. Just providing one that is high and leaving off the other that is low is a half truth, basically dishonest.

When pressed with an issue Ed typically dances around it and it's duly noted by others in this thread. That is his MO. He nevers has admitted to a mistake and he has unfairly taken credit for anything and everything that has been acomplished in this industry.

Ed tries to circumvent the advertizing policy of this board to get free promotion of his product without paying fair compensation to the owners of the board. He just arranges for one of his buddies to post his bidding. He should be glad I don't own this board. I would show him the door and tell him not to let it hit him on the way out.

Quote from Rob Alllen

Before I say this let me preface that I don't hate Ed Valentine. I have only seen one of Eds machines up close and I was not impressed. It was not attractive,very poorly assembled and power was ok. Ed has a group of cleaners who follow him and promote his machines on forums rather than using channels where real cleaners can see and feel his units. We have offered to have him and his equipment at Porty Shoot Outs at our expense and he has declined. I have spoken at length to Ed. It is easy to be attracted and buy into what he says. He was born with the "gift of gab" and could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. No offence and sales is a great trait to posses. He is quite the salesman.

I feel,and I could be wrong,some buy into his "salesmanship" ways and fork out a lot of money for a portable that could have been bought comparatively less by another manufacturer. They just don't know any better and refuse to listen to anything else because of his "indoctrination". So with a "smooth tongue" he has created a following who sing his praises.

Ed Valentine

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 11:40:40 pm »
Mr. Martin;

There you go again trying to warrant your position by using a quotation from our major competitor, ofcourse, a view point which all should naturally take as Gospel.--LOL.

As far as Mr. Allen is concerned, his reputation has been badly tarnished  only because he has proven to be attached at the hip selling and backing Mr. labarbera and his equipment. Further, the particular Gent whom Mr. Allen had rifle through one of our former models, confirmed what we already knew, that he "was put up to cutting down our equipment" and was used by Allen in a video. If you doubt my words and would like this Gents e-mail, send us a confidential reply request at sales@crossamerican.com, and I'll put you in touch with him.

And, oh, btw, the Gentleman above actually purchased a RECOIL-3XPS system (similar to the SCORPION) and loves it, and still has it to this day!

So, please get your facts straight and show both sides truthfully because it will only help you in the end showing that you really are above board and your "opinions" of some value.

And, btw, no, your "opinion" doesn't bother me; just your obvious position adjenda.

Best always----really;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

john martin

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:53 am »

Its expressing an honest opinion , not an agenda , its something you wouldn't be used to if you frequent some other uk forums . :)

I recently accused Ashbys of using a fake cfm gauge and i don't have them coming after me here accusing me of an ' agenda ' ... actually i wish they would , i might get some answers .

I think most people will respect Rob Allen , if u think he has something against you its probably because you wont even  give a few dollars to the forum but continue to use it for free adds  ....  anyone doubt this , go to the TMF portable section now and spot the free add :)

If Jamie Fabara likes your jag , good for him , thats his opinion ... i think you'll find he added the caveat ' could be improved '
There are some examples i can think of ,of very small suppliers probably investing way beyond their means to develop an ergonomic well designed machine casing for us CCs , which you would probably make slight remarks of by calling them  'generic'   where as you on the other hand chose for whatever reason to stick for years with some cheap molds from the local plastics plant , lacking such basic design features like a fully draining waste gate .....  and you cant even take on board some criticism by those who have worked with them daily in all situations . 

dan paton

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26:32 am »
Ed john has a point. you may have a brilliant high end portable but it is ugly . wouldn't look good at a customers house . put a different body on it and you will sell loads more in my humble opinion of course  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »
The way a machine LOOKS is sold to the people who buy them - carpet cleaners - and NOT to our end customers... they don't give a rat's a$$ what the machinery looks like.  A lot of my customers never even see my machine!!!  It's tucked away in the van, facing away from the house.  Only a fool chooses to buy or not buy a machine according to how it looks.

Performance or durability-wise I can't praise or criticise any of the more recently brought out portables as I have never used any of them.  I use a real man's machine after all ;D ;D

john martin

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Don't you have a Jag Jim ?  I could have sworn you were showing symptoms of indoctrination   ;D 

Jim_77

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 12:27:01 am »
Never been near one, and not done anything more than walked past and glanced at any of the other portables out on the market at the moment.

If you do read cleantalk as you have claimed to in the past you'll be well aware of the fact that I'm nobody's stool pigeon ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »
Ha cha cha cha

Shaun

Ps he used to live in Sheffield

*Hector*

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »
Who Jim??  :P

or do you mean Kid Creole and his coconuts??

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »
Kid creole but I don't think his coconuts lived with him.

Shaun

PaulKing

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 05:27:03 am »
But the bloke from the Human leguge was " living" with the two girl singers in a biblical way in sheffield.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:53 am »
Phil Oakey lived in stocksbridge and nobody wants him baby as he's probably got six fingers as the locals do tend to marry their mothers daughters.

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 08:35:38 am »
All machines have there pros and cons.  I've a scorpion and could list its pros and cons.

For me it's how the manufacturer develops his machines over the years according to customer feedback.  While Ed has developed his machines on the inside to great effect  they could certainly be improved on the outside.

We now have more competition in the portable market and this will drive change if nothing else.

Mark

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 10:32:41 am »
I recall that Solutions have had stands at trade shows so on this occasion I think John martin is talking a load of rubbish.

I know nothing about what happens in the the USA

john martin

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
I recall that Solutions have had stands at trade shows so on this occasion I think John martin is talking a load of rubbish.

Oh i dont know Ian , maybe they went along to rug doctor convention thinking they had a chance . 

Billy Russell

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »

Oh i dont know Ian , maybe they went along to rug doctor convention thinking they had a chance . 

Thats a good come back!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D