AHOY Captain Pugwash
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:04:14 pm »
I would like to thank Simon for the Aching back, shoulders and legs...............  :-X

I think I am going to stick to padding .... it hurts less.......  ;D

Nice to see some fellow CC'ers as well...........  Pete & Mrs Pete and Neville, and thank you Jim for the loan of your Hi-Viz vest for 2 minutes.

I enjoyed my day and the free lunch and met some nice guys and Simon    :P

now fingers crossed that Mrs Hector and I don't get this bug we were cleaning.....  :o :o

CarPete Cleaning

Re: AHOY Captain Pugwash
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:36 pm »
Hi all,

I would like to add my thanks to Simon + crew - it was an interesting day out and great to meet some fellow carpet cleaners, and put somes faces to names.

Only downside is that my mrs picked up a brochure on the way out and now wants to book on a cruise ! 
Told her we will have to clean a lot more cabins before we can afford it !

Certainly up for re-match when/if the next opportunity arises.

cheers,
Pete :D
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »
Hi Hector,

Are these the microfibre pads on ebay that you recommend for bonneting flotex?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Five-17-Microfiber-Carpet-Shampooing-Bonnets-/160432884318?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item255a8b8a5e

appreciate your guidance - master padder.... ;)
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

garry22

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »
met some nice guys and Simon    Tongue

Did you really mean to say it like that?   ;D

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
Yes Pete those are the one I was on about...

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »
met some nice guys and Simon    Tongue

Did you really mean to say it like that?   ;D

YUP

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »
I would like to say a big 'Thank You' to all involved. You did a fantastic job with lots of extras and unexpected changes but everyone did their bit . It is rare that you get together a group of people who you have never worked with before  without having a weak link, but these guy's just got on with it and  did a seriously top class job, even earning a compliment from the Captain.
I am very grateful to one and all and well done.

Simon

steven Banks

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »
So you all are invited to the captains table?  ;D

nevil

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
Wow, what a day. What a privilege to be involved with a job like that. Really enjoyed it, especially cleaning the bridge carpet. Met some great folks, good banter. It's nice to be able to put faces to some of the names on here. My only regret is that I didn't have a peek at the Titan.

Simon, many thanks for sharing the work around. Bon voyage Nevil

Edited to add that the picture in my avatar is not in the P & O fleet. :o

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »
It has angered me :(  :(as I waited an waited and then bought that carpet cleaning package off ebay ( steamer) and with it I could have done most of the work  on the ship on my own with it and Simon did not even ask me  ::)
Hope the elastic band snaps on yer Titan  :P

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 09:10:25 pm »
No, he says he doesn't dine with scrubbers, but we can scrub his wife's rug any time we like ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »
Hi Nevil,

It was a real pleasure to meet and work with you. I love it when a plan comes together. ;D

Simon

Billy Russell

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »
Hi Nevil,

It was a real pleasure to meet and work with you. I love it when a plan comes together. ;D

Simon

He's turning into hannibal now!!!!   ;D ;D

They built a 500hp TM out of a 3 wheeled van and a puzzi!!!!  ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 04:19:05 am »
I couldn't sleep the night before so I got up, downed some coffee and trundled down to Southampton. Had a maccies breakfast and then got down to the docks.

I have to say its an "experience", doing a job like this!  Lots of screwing about waiting, and the security is a complete pain in the backside

But we got my TM fired up eventually and rocketed through the restaurant. First time I've used two RX20s hooked up to it, definitely the most hose (up to 700ft at one point I think). Worked really well, dead chuffed!

Some t!t drove a van over one of my hoses and crushed it, then I smashed a shoe off my RX20 hitting a table leg :( so that's a bit annoying but at least I didn't fall off the dock side, could've been worse!

I slept for ages when I got home and now I'm wide awake listening to the clock ticking :-/

Big thanks to Simon for the work, and yes nice to say a quick hello to some of the guys, not really a social networking opportunity though!

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 01:14:01 pm »
Some of us had a touch of social networking whilst cleaning the reception area, and then in the crew canteen

;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »
So, now you've seen the light :D when are you buying your first truckmount then Hector? :D :D

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 04:56:38 pm »
Glad it all went to plan, anyone come back with the lurgy?  :-\
"So basically its a big vax!"

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
The only light I saw .................

was a train coming in the opposite direction.....

I ache too much to even think about wanding again for a good long time....

;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 09:00:16 pm »
;D It's cos your wanding muscles aren't used to it!

I always get a really bad aching right arm after a long day on the rotary or RX-20, can't figure out for the life of me why the left one is always fine.

After all, being right-handed, my right arm muscles get more exercise :D

Paul, if anyone's picked up the bug they'll probably have a very rude awakening (literally) with it sometime tonight or tomorrow - it takes a day or two to kick in.

I've been feeling a little off-colour today but I think it's down to tiredness and a poor diet for the last couple of days.  Dined twice at McD's in one day, that would be enough to bring a buffalo down on its knees.

At least I hope it's that! :-\

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »
.  Dined twice at McD's in one day, that would be enough to bring a buffalo down on its knees.

Are....... you...... calling...... Derek..... a buffalo  ;D

FIGHT ;D