Mark Farrimond

Re: Do websites work?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 11:43:37 am »
I have just been doing some Google adwords stuff and they suggest phrases that might be useful to advertise for. 

Did you know that there are 9,900 searches a month for "Carpet Cleaning London" done in Google and 2,400 for "carpet cleaners uk"?

Now I appreciate you aren't all in London but there must be this amount on top for the rest of the country. 

I don't always believe what Google say but it must certainly be worth a go doing some PPC if you have a website.  I think the average cost per click is £0.50 - £1.00 - so it's not breaking the bank.  If you just stuck £20 on and tested it for a week its a start.  And if you use Google analytics you can tell if it has worked.

garry22

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 12:05:35 pm »
my personal view is that people don't really look at your webiste that closely but just choose a company that appleals to them from the first page of google.

Richard,

My experience is the complete opposite. People do read everything if they are interested in the subject.

Here's a couple of comments to a friend's site this week.

1/ "Dear xxxxxxxx

Have just been on to your web site.  Very impressed.  It guides the "novice" very nicely through the issues.  The result: this e mail!"

2/ "Hello. Your web site has so much information, I couldn't find what area of
the country you work in." 

We'll have to add a bit more info after the last comment  :)

Websites do a lot of pre selling or filtering out people automatically. They are also a non threatening way for people to get information without the worry of talking to a high pressure salesperson.

In answer to the original post. Websites are vital but don't stop doing the other marketing as well.

Garry

derek west

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 01:37:06 pm »
Do you find that by having a website you have seen a noticeable increase in business? Just like yourselves no doubt, i receive lots of calls asking if I have a website. Do they really work for carpet and upholstery cleaning? I understand how it's a good thing for people to see if they look on the internet but do you clearly see an increase in business? Perhaps, if your website isn't very good, then no, but a good one???

Thanks,
Dave

whats your budget for website dave, i may be able to point you in the right direction if you decide not to do it yourself.

clinton

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 03:07:44 pm »
Was going to sat the same derek whats his budget as somr nice sites for not a lot of money out there to be had.

JandS

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 04:10:06 pm »
Get a Vista Print website, there simple and good looking
and you build them yourself..........easily.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

derek west

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 04:14:01 pm »
lets have a look john.

vince viola

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 06:55:03 pm »
I use Mark at DP print & design.Does a great job at great prices.

JandS

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »
Derek

www.jandsccs.co.uk

All my own work (apart from video)

John

Len Gribble

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »
John
Think you will be in trouble with the ASA as from the 1 march  >:( we use the latest, top specification machines to ensure you get the best cleaning experience available  ;)

Nice site
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

ryan mca

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »
DP Design and print excellent low cost first job £1000 and booked this year as well

Len whats ASA

Ryan

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 06:17:47 am »
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Art

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 09:05:08 am »
Hi

I am going to name and shame here.

Don't have click- marketing do your website

www.click-marketing.co.uk

They are in poole.

they did my site which was ok, then they called me for some marketing at £280 a month, i said not yet, lets see how the new year goes.

get home and they had taken the money out, have spent the last 7 weeks trying to get it back, they took the money without my say so and in less than an hour, but cannot return it under the same time frame.

Will never do business with them again and will warn as many people as possible to stay well away.

Regards

Martin 8)

Hi Martin,

Try Darren on the other forum if you need any website stuff done

He did my online shop and i can't fault him

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:15 am »
Who's Darren? which forum is he on?

Shaun

Art

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 10:49:52 am »
Who's Darren? which forum is he on?

Shaun

Darren Bale , he's on the s cs f

JandS

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 11:23:32 am »
Good way of getting loads of clicks on your website.
Post it on here, site activity shot up on yesterdays
graph.

John

derek west

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:37 am »
Good way of getting loads of clicks on your website.
Post it on here, site activity shot up on yesterdays
graph.

John
john
thats a bad way of getting loads of clicks, unless a few of em booked you. ;D

garry22

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 12:14:49 pm »
john
thats a bad way of getting loads of clicks, unless a few of em booked you. 

Derek,

I'm glad you don't do web marketing for me  ;)

Have a think about this. Here's a clue... Imagine it was a brand new site. How would you benefit?

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
I can tell from my stats that I get a number of hits from this site every week.
Granted I don't get any work from these hits but it does keep your rankings up with google, as visits from numerous (various) sources is better than from just one source.
BTW the more outspoken your comments the more hits you get, and without doubt I have the best website every built by a carpet cleaner ;D
right sit back, wait a couple of days and recheck the stats

derek west

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »
i stand corrected. sorry john.

i didn't realise that clicks to your site count in rankings, i thought it was just static back links, clicked or not.

cheers garry,

garry22

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 05:01:43 pm »
Derek,

It's more to do with the relationship between links and traffic / clicks / visitors.

In a "natural" situation, a site would get some visitors. Some would like it and link back to a page or article rather than the home page (what Ian H calls deep linking). They would then get increasing numbers of visitors and backlinks as time goes on.

If a new site gets a load of incoming without visitors, it stands out like a sore thumb. A load of visitors makes subsequent backlinks look better / more natural.

I guess what you could do is put a lousy site up and then ask for opinions. The worse the site (and the more comments on here), the more visits you would get!

I've seen some CC sites where there is the same link text coming from say, fifty sites (and these are all hosted on the same IP address. Now that ain't "natural"

Hope that makes sense.