wynne jones

Re: Converting calls into jobs
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 09:55:55 pm »
I'm not charging by the hour. I'm saying there is a price to be paid for quoting in person that has to be taken into account. If you have not got a full diary or the prices you want then get in front of them I agree.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Linds Russell

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 10:33:52 pm »
I see what you're saying but from now now until I hang up my wand, I'll be a face to face man.
Linds

Phillip Mold

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:14 pm »
you won't regret it
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »
He then gives them my number, cos he knows I'll bait and switch them anyway and give him 40% of the takings.

Hi Colin I,ve done one better .

you know your big advertising hoarding at the cricket club .

I,ve changed your number to mine 6 months ago ;D

Neil

Well, I've never had a single job out of it, so you're welcome to it mate ;D

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »
As many on here will know I'm new to all this CC and after 3 months full time CC I have to say that I have done a bit better than I expected,however the last few weeks have been a bit slow.

I'm still getting calls but they are usually just price shoppers after a price over the phone and I get the usual "OK I'll call you back" or "right I'll speak to my husband"
Up to now I have always tried to get the customer to let me go and quote for jobs in person and I find this helps,but lately its usually that they want a price over the phone.

Does anyone have advice on converting these calls into jobs,maybe relevant questions I should be asing THEM when they call me ect ect.

I realise that with some its all down to price and they will just be looking for the cheapest deal but with others i'm sure that they might be swayed by what is said over the phone

Thanks Wayne
What are you charging for a lounge, hsl, dining room and bedroom, this is an important part of the sales process, as there are diffrent ways to close the sale.

wayne zabel

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 09:04:49 pm »
For a lounge I wqould charge between £35 and £45
HSL £25/30
Dining room £20
Double Bedroom £20

My prices are on the low side compared to most on here as far as I can see.

wynne jones

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:51:11 pm »
To be honest Wayne you are probably doing quite well for someone starting up. Those that are busy probably have a couple of thousand people to mailshot that they have worked for before.

What you are experiencing is normal and you need to accept it for a year or two. I reckon 90% who start give up or do it part time.

Quite often you don't get the whole story on here and it will depress you if you take it all as gospel. When someone says they did a £500 job today that means it's remarkable - meaning not usual. Their next post is about scrimping on some piece of equipment that they want to bodge when if they had money in the bank and loads of work backing up they would just replace ASAP.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »
Do not worry about anyone else, on those prices you need to close on the phone, you cannot afford to pitch and mis any leads that come in, when you answere the phone "Perfect Clean" they go I am looking to get my longe cleaned and my hall stairs and landing, you say what poscode are you ? they say BN23 4DF, next question is When would you like it done, most people will give you a day that suits them, just give them a time and schedual them in. Its easy for us we have been doing it for 25 years