justin brown

Solutions
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:38 am »
Just tried out some 'samples' of solutions cleaning products and just thought i would mention how great they are............especially fusion 8.

hopefully that has made some peolple happy!!!!!!!!! but there again..........
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

gwrightson

Re: Solutions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:06:40 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D 

HOW MUCH  ???;)

geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:24:04 pm »
what you've just tried them just now... how? are you working today on a really big job. so have a selection of carpets to test them ;) ;).

I find i need  at least a month and a minumum of 5lts to do a thorough test of any new chemical.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 12:27:20 pm »
Mike,
Me too. Had a sample (free) of Fusion 8, but by the time I'd used it couldn't really decide if it was any better or worse than what I was using.

Simon

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »
You can buy 2 litres of Fusion 8 for £ 20  - this supposedly makes 320 litres of RTU solution, more than enough to make a decision on whether or not it's any good.

Always makes me smile when people despairingly say they have stacks of cleaning solutions in their storage which they haven't used, because they either couldn't get on with them or moved onto something else.

It's not as though they have spent thousands of pounds on something that didn't work !

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 12:53:53 pm »
Ive tried Fusion 8 for 2 months along with their booster - gotta say i love the product, dont now use anything else.

Mike - can i ask  - you always seem to be the first to jump on the 'negative to Solutions Cornwall' bandwagon - why is that?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 01:09:01 pm »
new look clean....... obviously you don't read all my post, Solutions Uk is my main chemical supplier I constantly say I use their M/S and have used there \Mpower in the past I just say what I think, if I wanted i could really knock solutions but often bite my tongue as I don't want to cause any hassle for Nick or Solution Uk

now back to my original post before i was told to read your post ;D ;D

steve, spot on buy the 2lts and give it a good test,

the thing about all the people who have a garage full of useless chemicals is why did they buy them? over the last few years its been the fault of the forums and stoolies who tell them how fantastic a new chemical is and how its made their life so much easier but then their supplier bring out a new chemical which the same people start raving how fantastic this new chemical is ::) ::)

I seen 3 chemicals come onto the market were some people have said its the best chemical they have ever tried, but what about the first chemical is that now useless?

if  new, 'better' chemicals keeps being introduced at what point does it become so good you just have to shout its name at the carpet and watch the dirt jump out of the window in fear ..... no machine needed!! :D :D

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:25:26 pm »
fair play Mike, you can calm down a little now if you like!

its some of your other posts i was on about - especially on another forum where you seemed to be a little negative about Fusion 8 when it came out

if its wrong i am sorry, just i wouldnt want any one thinking their products arent worth trying as i believe they are and Fusion 8 especially!

dont know why you would really want to knock your main supplier any way??!!

and dont be so formal Mike, you can call me Jase!!! ;D

PS - i just say what i think too - hope thats ok with you

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 01:30:17 pm »
I'd  call you Jase if you signed your post, I did'nt know your name. :)

as for my question on cleantalk about fusion 8, I just wanted to know what it was :-\

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »
Mike,
Once again we agree. (we really must stop this ;D)
Quite frankly I have a very hard time seeing the difference between one pre-spray and another because the difference if one is better than another must be minuscule, or merely perceptive on the part of the user. I like to try new products, in fact I make a point of it, but have yet to be blown out of the water by one that others have raved about. Perhaps I need glasses. Oh, forgot, I've already got some, perhaps some new ones then ;D

Simon 

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 05:03:20 pm »
Hi Guys

A lot of the problems come from the 'greatest product ever' advertising which often surrounds new products.

However these new products are often old ones reworked, remember Microspiltters had been around for years before Gunter reinvented them.

I worked in R&D for 6 years and the battle hardened old chemists were some of the biggest cynics around with sayings like
'we rediscover the wheel every seven years'
todays rubbish is yesterdays breakthrough'

Technically it is unlikely anyone will come up a really amazing breakthrough as chemistry is a subject where you can predict what will happen, enzymes were probably the last really big cleaning revolution.

It was the marketing guys who thought up all the sales bull which was their job!

Cheers

Doug

Colin Day

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 05:52:16 pm »
I'm on my second bottle of Fusion8 now and I love the stuff, I've started using solu-boost too and all I can say is.... Wow!

I think the biggest impression I ever made was when I was asked to clean some safety flooring for a school, I rang Nick who supplied me with some 17" "Magic Foam" type bonnets and a floor cleaning chemical...

The head caretaker shook his head in disbelief when the floor started coming up like new and asked what chemical I was using... I reluctantly told him, STS...

I have a loft and a garage with half bottles/tubs of stuff, the only stuff I really couldn't get a good result with was "Over-rated" on CIU by a few people.... Just the way it goes sometimes I suppose... I won't mention the chemical but I will say it wasn't a product from Solutions.....

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 05:53:09 pm »
Quite frankly I have a very hard time seeing the difference between one pre-spray and another because the difference if one is better than another must be minuscule,

Exactly.
Does anybody think manufacturers don't get their hands on another manufacturers product and basically test it to destruction. If they find that product is somewhat better than their own then they copy sorry remodel their own to match it.
The end result is that one manufacturers product does just the same as another, although and as Doug mentioned the day comes where some miracle new product is stumpled upon (enzymes for example), and if you give that 12 months everybody else has somehow managed to produce the same thing, but under a different name and different packaging.

Right that's it, I've agreed with Simon on something ::)

colin thomas

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 07:42:12 pm »
off the track a bit but i have to agree with mike re the jase name thing, why cant people on here sign with their real name and not just some stupid nicknames that just hides them from the rest of us. what's to hide?

colin
colin thomas

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »
off the track a bit but i have to agree with mike re the jase name thing, why cant people on here sign with their real name and not just some stupid nicknames that just hides them from the rest of us. what's to hide?

colin

4 website links, various phone numbers and an address what more do you want from new look clean Colin  ???

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 08:45:02 pm »
lol Westy - guess i am still not filling out enough info for some people eh!!?? ;D

JASE   

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 08:51:59 pm »
Hi Guys

We have so many on here posting under different names, some will even argue with themselves ::)

Jase has always used his business name with links so no problem there but if more CC's used their own names we would have a more mature forum.

I know we can check IP addresses but at the end of the day it's a forum and we get the quality we deserve!

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »
Neil,

Easy does it, mate, you'll blow a fuse ;D
Nice that we agree on some things.

Simon

wynne jones

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:21 pm »
Its no different to the washing powder commercials 'New Improved' , 'Wash at 30 degreas' then back to 'Original'

At the end of the day it's just a couple of chemicals, water, some coloring and a smell which costs tuppence happenny to make then it's sold to us for £16 for 5litres.  ::)

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

jasonl

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 10:27:54 pm »
I would love to know the formula for some though! 
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings