d s windowcleaning

spiders webs & spiders
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:38 pm »
trying to keep my brush clean today but there seems to be loads of webs & spiders which are ending up all over the bristles which aint really a good thing as its slowing me down by having to keep cleaning the brush is any one else having the same problems & how do you keep your brush clean when this happens
where theres muck theres money

Captain Scarlet

Re: spiders webs & spiders
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:20:37 pm »
I dont have any practical wfp skills but from what I have heard, just pull it out with your hands and remember those spiders eggs are the reason your cleaning! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:30:14 pm »
Yep, spiders everywhere and their poo believe it or not! Also snails trails hard to see untill you rinse. I've got one on my kitchen window and it shows up really badly from the inside.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:56:45 pm »
What about the bees
Leaving all that pollen on the windows
Little yellow dots every where

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:54:13 pm »
but when you keep cleaning your brush out with your hand its goin too slow you down i normally clean my brush on ridged mouldings of the front door which means customer is getting door cleaned which i dont mind as i charge more for this even though im using door for my benifit but finding it real hard to remove webs that have got on the brush by doing it this way even using my hand i dont fully remove i try to look after my equipment but this with the webs is a new one on me i soak my brushes over night in pure water and give them a good clean out before i start my work but in no time at all im back to square one and thats a brush covered in webs as for snails trails i just go over them a few times and rinse well and never noticed bess pollen i must be on crap lsd lol

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:56:35 pm »
Bees pollen do you mean those hard yellow bits on the glass that are difficult to get off.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:07:17 pm »
never come across bees pollen in ten years of window cleaning