Window cleaning business for sale Hampshire
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:44:33 pm »
At present this is not open to splitting up as I want to sell the complete operation complete with business name, which would benefit buyer as customers would hardly notice the change over that way.
Established over 6 years.
Vast majority is domestic which is better for cash flow.
Turnover is in the region of £40k with nearly 500 customers on the data base.
All are used to wfp.
No collecting, all either cheque, cash, envelope or online internet
Work rate between £25 to £60 / hour
It's intended that X reg Transit fitted out with 2 tanks (total 650L), hose reels etc to be included. Also the RO unit and IBC tank.
All work within 15 mile radious

Basically the complete package.

Offers in excess of £40k

Contact Neil: neilj96@ntlworld.com

MSTAV

Re: Window cleaning business
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:07:01 pm »
hi where is the work. i know a big firm who would snap that up if in kent

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »
hi where is the work. i know a big firm who would snap that up if in kent

North Hampshire

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 12:14:29 am »
Hi Neil,

Why are you selling?

Andy

Dean Taberner

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:19:18 pm »
Is 40k abit steep for a weekly turnover of 700 odd quid based on good will ??? ??? ??? ???
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:46 pm »
Not if its paying by cheque and est for that long, one on window cleaning resources that does 9k a month selling for 100,000 is that steep?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »
9k a month is £2225 a week.

I know what you are saying sean but who as got that type of dosh?

Would you seriously consider spending £40k for that anount of work?

Obviously Neil has done is maths and Im not knocking him,

I was just interested as if thats the going rate id be half tempted to sell up and throw £6k at a round building company to get the same amount back.

Is that your plan neil? :P :P :P :P

Dean

Dean Taberner

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
what business isnt good will dean

True ronnie,

I agree.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 09:40:03 pm »
A lot of questions which I will try to answer.
Our window cleaning does around £40k a year which I have built up from scratch, nothing bought, all gained myself by leaflets and recommendations over the last 7 years. There were staff but the hassle made me get rid hence why most of these (over 400 customers) have been moved from monthly to bi-monthly. this allowed me and the wife to keep most of the customers after we culled the lower end.
Who ever did the sums and said £700/week well something is wrong as most days we pull in £300 to £400. This is per day so equates to between £1500 and £2000 per week. Don't multiply that by 52 because we don't work 52 weeks per year.

What someone is buying here would be a complete business, not just some goodwill on customer names/addresses. It would be in someones best interest to take over the business name and telephone number. Most customers wouldn't even notice the change over if the person is competent. A lot of our customers we have never met because they are out at work, so with them all being payment on day if in, or send payment or pay internet you are not going to lose many if any, if you do a good job. So hence you are buying a business not hoping the stuff round builders bring in will still be with you next month, and is it priced correctly.

Why am I selling? Because I have static caravans which I rent out in Dorset and want to be nearer to deal with. Plus I am getting older and need to slow down a bit. We will not consider moving until I have a buyer for the business, so before someone fancies muscling into the area thinking there will be 400 customers begging for a window cleaner think on.

Also I appreciate that this is too much work for just one person to service, so it would need 2 people to buy it or one person with staff to work it. I'm currently working on various ideas and one of them will be to sell off some areas whilst keeping the business for sale but at a lower price.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 09:47:37 pm »
Hi Neil,

I wasnt knocking you mate,

Youve built up a good round from scratch which takes some doing,

£40k per year is £40k per year whether its done daily, weekly, monthly or bi monthly.

It equates to £770 per week over a 12 month period.

Hope you do well with your caravans, dorset is a lovely place and very busy this time of year.

Dean

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »
It equates to £770 per week over a 12 month period.

We can mess around with numbers all night if you wish, but I don't work 52 weeks per year.
As a minimum I take 2 weeks at xmas, then there's all the bank holidays we don't work, and the minimum 4 weeks per year I take as holdays at the caravans.
How many other non skilled professions can pull in £2,000 a week (on a 5 day week rarely doing 6 hours actual work) with a husband and wife team doing the work?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:27 pm »
Good luck with it Neil,

Weve got a caravan in wales and love it with our kids,

didnt mean to peeve you mate,

Hope it goes well.

Dean

Dean Taberner

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 10:06:34 pm »
Neil,

just seen your website,

We stayed at freshwater a few year back,

Superb place right on the beach.

Dean

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »
didnt mean to peeve you mate,

You haven't. I'll happily take the questions to prove what the name 'Willclean' means to our customers.
In the last 2 days we have taken 3 x £30 new customers on based on recommendation and seeing us turn up on a regular basis to this particular area. I've also still to quote a neighbour of someone who pays us in excess of £90 for her property. This is the sort of name someone will be buying.
We also get calls to sort out the mess some window cleaners call window cleaning!
I haven't put a leaflet out in over 2 years and don't advertise at all, but still get numerous calls per week. This is a name that can grow and grow if someone has the get up and go to carry it on.

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »

I timed it at 120 seconds or 2 minutes from front door to beach.
Depends which numbers you prefere ;) ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 10:13:07 pm »

I timed it at 120 seconds or 2 minutes from front door to beach.
Depends which numbers you prefere ;) ;D

1/30th of an hr ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think ??? ??? 8) 8) 8)

bluez

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
Of topic a bit, Even though you only work 40 odd weeks a year Neil your outgoings are based on 52 weeks a year. If for example I borrowed 40k to buy your business I would be making repayments all year not just the ones I was working. Same for van repayments same for my mortgage or my rent, so I have to agree with Dean 40k is 700 odd a week even if it all comes in on 2nd of January.

Not in any way knocking the price just making an observation, if I was re locating this is exactly the type of round that I would be looking to buy and the price is exactly what I would be looking for mine, 1 years turnover.
hi

suds window service

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:39:37 pm »
Is 40k abit steep for a weekly turnover of 700 odd quid based on good will ??? ??? ??? ???
think this business is very under valued when it comes to selling imo

simon smith50

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 10:54:14 pm »
hi niel
would you split the round or sell it a bit at a time
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way