Kev R

Re: Trad is best !
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 07:54:30 pm »
I you can only clean a window with wfp can you really call yourself a window cleaner?

I think not

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 07:57:13 pm »
A person only cleaning wfp is a window washer  ;)

thats not a bad thing  ;D

Kev R

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 08:06:40 pm »
A valued commercial customer asks can you clean the internal glass please?

If you have no trad skills you either say no and lose money and face

or sub it out - and lose money and face

or do it and hopefully develop a new skill  ( or get sacked for a bad job)

Personally if I was starting out I would want to learn all aspects of the trade as I have. I charge top dollar now for providing a quality service. I cant remember the last time I turned a commercial job down. Big or small I want it all...LOL  ;D

The is a guy local to me, he has wfp but cant do trad, because he has never bothered to learn how to clean glass properly he is getting a bad name. He used to clean telephone boxes trad but thats it. If a customer asks for trad he says no!!! Madness in my opinion. I offer to show him, but he didn't want to know, there is no helping some people  ;)

geefree

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:44 pm »
i learned the trad way,, and now mostly wfp.. its quicker and i make more money hand over fist.

also i hate cleaning the insides as its slow and faffy... even priced higher i still dont enjoy.

personal choices i guess.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 08:18:32 pm »
I'd rather work wfp as it's easier, but I'd get bored of it if I didn't use my squeegee sometimes too.

I still do nearly all bungalows by hand, and a few downstairs.

Done properly wfp is not massively quicker than a fast trad cleaner (like myself).

I probably turn over 15-20% more per day (closer to 15 usually I'd say).
But the big point is, it's a much easier day. :)

geefree

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 08:25:37 pm »
I'd rather work wfp as it's easier, but I'd get bored of it if I didn't use my squeegee sometimes too.

I still do nearly all bungalows by hand, and a few downstairs.

Done properly wfp is not massively quicker than a fast trad cleaner (like myself).

But the big point is, it's a much easier day. :)

think that sums it all up squeaky.

groundhog

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 10:11:10 pm »

I'd say more like 50% or more if your any good!!!  ;)

NWH

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:36 pm »
If you include what you used to pay in wages and the amount your now doing it would be far far more than 15-20%,i`m saving more than that in wages i used to pay staff but i`m doing 1/3 more work at least over a week.50% would be more closer to the mark.

TennetClean

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:28 pm »
Yeah 50% is more like it. 

15%? you're doing something majorly wrong.  You should be at least twice as fast with WFP
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jonah

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:05 pm »

15%? you're doing something majorly wrong.  You should be at least twice as fast with WFP
Is that arriving at the job, setting up , doing job and packing up for just one house ?  Or is it quicker when there are several houses close together ?

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 10:40:51 pm »

that is only true if you are doing big houses or easy access that is a fact.

I challenge you to try and beat me on a bunglow with wfp against me trad, I know the result.

do it, and we can have a book on here.

Ian
p.s I am wfp and I am quick

NWH

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 10:43:17 pm »
I was meaning that it`s quicker in general over the course of the week-month,i`m not on about bungalows lol.

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 10:45:33 pm »
I was meaning that it`s quicker in general over the course of the week-month,i`m not on about bungalows lol.
not aimed at you m8  ;)

NWH

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 10:46:48 pm »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

jonah

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:14 pm »
I think wfp has its place to clean high reach windows , but the only downside to it I can see is that you cant check the finnished job !  Once I have cleaned a property I would hate to go back and re clean the windows .  If this problem could be solved I would be really tempted to give it a go  ;D

Kev R

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 10:52:42 pm »
Quicker or slower my commercials are wfp outside and trad inside no getting away from that  ;D

Sure wfp is quicker on externals but internally its the same.  

If you do domestics wfp is defo quicker and safer but if you do large commercial you have to do both.

So ones not better than the other, there just window cleaners tools  ;)

NWH

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 10:53:46 pm »
I know what your saying mate but it does a good enough job for me,i know a WC round where i work and he is picky to say the least,he`s more interested in doing an immaculate job than earning a living.There comes a point where you have to be sensible about it,if the phones not ringing your doing something right.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 10:55:23 pm »
The art to it i find is to mix the 2 trad and WFP,if trad is quicker i`ll trad and vice versa.

Kev R

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 10:56:45 pm »
I think wfp has its place to clean high reach windows , but the only downside to it I can see is that you cant check the finnished job !  Once I have cleaned a property I would hate to go back and re clean the windows .  If this problem could be solved I would be really tempted to give it a go  ;D

But once you have learned to use wfp properly you will never get called back!

Is your eyesight that bad that you cant see an upper window?

jonah

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 10:58:45 pm »

But once you have learned to use wfp properly you will never get called back!

Is your eyesight that bad that you cant see an upstairs window?
sorry thought you left the window wet ...............my mistake !