Jeff Brimble

Re: 88ft WFP
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 01:02:23 pm »
Well spotted young Jedi,  nobody else did although we had nothing to hide, so 3  stars and a diploma for most observant.
 Yes we ordered 8 sections to cover it but  to make things comfortable instead of standing on a box, we where about 3ft short so in absence of another section simplynused modular of a different make. Did the same job, next time will order enough  ::) the secret of the strength needs to be in the top not the base.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 01:07:06 pm »
So did Alan modify the top tapered sections and keep the extensions the same? so was that 6 tapered sections and 8 extensions and 1 f16 ? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 01:09:30 pm »
oh yeah and did you tape the joints to stop sticking? or has Alan done something different with the extensions? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 01:17:34 pm »
Critique.
Ian, everything ached, you dont work for two days non stop dawn to dusk with virtually no more than 10 min food breaks, at height without a penalty. I am 57.
Sherwood you rinse brush on, in fact everything you ever new about brushes and angles, changes at extreme heights.
Window washers, nope it wasnt my arms the pole weights are OK but,   my ankles after standing constantly  :'(
Wayne, could you explain more about what your insurance company is saying.
NWH it does the job whether or boyt its got a kite mark.
Luke, what experience are you saying "it isnt as strong as an S2", there are different methods and criteria of measuring strength. ie a sprinter may not be as strong as a shot putter but he goes distances faster.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 01:21:28 pm »
Luke, yes no matter what manuf. claim you have to tape the upper part of the base joint to stop the upper pole compressing itself onto the lower part and locking. Its the weight, gravity a constant flexing that does it. Fishermen use sprays but they only use horizontal working.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »
When you brought the Ultra-lite to my house I was very impressed but after feeling it and looking at it, it didnt quite feel strong as the Super-lite 2, but strength isnt everything  :) I have heard of the Ultra-lite breaking but no reports of the S2 breaking. I think it is great that there are a few people making modulars from your idea Jeff!! Its great!!! I love the plastic protectors on the bases, they are a brilliant idea, I don't wish to compete the poles against each other though, perhaps it came out wrong. I don't think that the Ultra-lite is a worse pole in use, as I would equally like to use a Ultra-lite after seeing and holding it but from all the evidence I have from other members and holding it the S2 did feel stronger, but your more experienced with these modulars Jeff, so maybe I'm wrong  :-[ So in what way was the Ultra-lite modified? Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 01:42:49 pm »
Technically ? no idea, ask Alan.
But it never entered my head that it would break or snap, I felt totally confident using it .
Its difficult to imagine the height never mind try to take a pic, so I will get back with my ideas of a  totally staged downscaled version of the pic, if I ever get some free time  :)
Oh by tyhe way Luke, its been developed since you saw it at your house.

If anyone wants to see it, I still have it for a couple of days more.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 01:45:42 pm »
Anyway, it looked like really good fun!! What did you do safety wise to prevent it falling, somebody or something from the roof? Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 01:47:59 pm »
Yes Luke it was fantastically exhilerating.
If you want to pick my brains its £500 day rate plus travel.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 01:56:26 pm »
well you have to keep some things secret I suppose !! But the secret is either you used it as it is in the picture, which I doubt  ??? or you did something. Judging from the picture of the brush head it was possible to have somebody with some sort of rope. Another thing you mentioned was you used the roller Emporium brush but the picture shows your one, Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 03:03:24 pm »
Heres just one of the 5 different brushes (including the new 6.50z one) we experimented with. Oh and for the pic only  I took the yellow hard hat off ! Notice that the whole strip of windows is in a recess just like an A ladder and the pole cannot move sideways.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2008, 03:06:09 pm »
Thats the Addis, I hope to jet mine up eventually either like in the picture or with car jets, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 03:08:08 pm »
And for anybody that doesnt understand ounces ( like me! ) thats 155.922 grams! Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 03:08:20 pm »
No, look again, that one swivels, you wont have seen it( I dont think many have)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »
You did show it to me though when you came round a few weeks back, I remember it but dont know what make it is,  Luke

Majestic

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 05:01:27 pm »
Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:38:22pm »     
Great picture for a web site
What was it like moving it from window to window

Well

bluez

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »
What about the results Jeff, how did it come out at that height.
hi

alanwilson

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2008, 06:56:25 pm »
Jeff

did you honestly feel totally confident that the pole wouldn't break?  I've tried using a fishing pole myself but broke 2 sections very quickly and just thought I'd better leave it!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2008, 06:57:34 pm »
Alan, this isnt a fishing pole, its made for wc'ing. The strength comes from the carbon fibre weave, Luke

williamx

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:14 pm »
Heres just one of the 5 different brushes (including the new 6.50z one) we experimented with. Oh and for the pic only  I took the yellow hard hat off ! Notice that the whole strip of windows is in a recess just like an A ladder and the pole cannot move sideways.

Jeff

Do yoy have problems with dirt and water coming down from above the window, with the way your jets are located on the brush head.

I set mine up with the jets on the top of the brush, but found to many problems with streaking, so I moved the jets to the botton of the brush head and this sorted the problem.