clean

Re: are tougher times coming
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:36 pm »
Lost my first job today (commercial) >:(,first one in years and i mean years i can`t even remember last time i lost one,£100 a month gone  >:( and it was by being undercut  :-\

if you had it for years didn't they give you a chance to match the new company's price?

it was far too low to match  :-\

if they have outpriced themselves then keep in contact you may get it back  ;)

Oh yeah they will they get a second chance and if they want me back it will be at a higher price  ;)

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 05:13:14 pm »
Lost my first job today (commercial) >:(,first one in years and i mean years i can`t even remember last time i lost one,£100 a month gone  >:( and it was by being undercut  :-\
I have not lost commercial yet but one went from weekly to 2 weekly  :-\ it will happen I know but I just keep feeding the machine and get more  ;)

eddie d

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 06:23:20 pm »
windowwashers/
maybe your resesion proof .but ive seen 2 houses reposesed in the last wk in my area .
my shares have also taken a dive .
maybe its not a ressesion but its a bit bumpy .

simon knight

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 06:31:37 pm »

It's a given that America is heading for a recession...which naturally means the UK won't be far behind!

People will still want windows cleaned...but maybe not quite so often, so the monthly might become 6 weekly, 6 become bi, bi become quarterly....!!!

poo happens....but he upshot is:

You can't be sacked ;D

Neil271052

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 01:42:54 pm »

It's a given that America is heading for a recession...which naturally means the UK won't be far behind!

People will still want windows cleaned...but maybe not quite so often, so the monthly might become 6 weekly, 6 become bi, bi become quarterly....!!!

poo happens....but he upshot is:

You can't be sacked ;D

That's a fact!  :)

Cheers,
Neil

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 07:16:34 pm »
windowwashers/
maybe your resesion proof .but ive seen 2 houses reposesed in the last wk in my area .
my shares have also taken a dive .
maybe its not a ressesion but its a bit bumpy .
Bumpy yes, eggs in one basket never  ;) you shares should rise and I should have bought the other day would have made 5%  ::)

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 07:32:22 pm »
Only if you buy the right ones. ;)

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2008, 07:40:24 pm »
Only if you buy the right ones. ;)
cages in very small ones

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 07:51:18 pm »
That's the great thing about this job - if you need more work you often can go out and get it.

Most of us get the casual "can you do mine" from across the road, but if you need to you can usually up it from that.

You also get to choose where to canvass!

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk