Moderator David@stives

Re: Brodex poles
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 06:02:20 pm »
John

Have you ever met Shaun ?

He is a nice chap,

Why tell people to go away especially manufacturers, no wonder they dont post often with insults like yours.

Dave

brett walker

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 06:34:34 pm »
Thanks for all your replies guys  :)

spoke to Brodex at the show they seem very nice guys and rang them today but at this time i dont think ill be going with Brodex, will either br going with Ionics or Facelift

cheers

Brett

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:55:32 pm »
i brought a 18ft predator pole a couple of weeks ago and to be honest im not impressed. i think its not rigid enough. i will not be buying one again

rhys11

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:30 pm »
we purchased 2 of the 12ft prerdator poles they are very good clamps have plenty of adjustment so they take a while before you have to adjust the locking nut, the sill brush is also very good , first time we have used one and its great because you can wash a window thats directly in front of you without having to step to one side(if you see what i mean) only problem we have had is thatthe plastic gooseneck they supply fits into a metal tube ...the gooseneck is glued into the tube....well one of ours came out after about 3 weeks...when i phoned brodex they suggested i shoould buy some glue and glue it back in, i said i would prefer a new pole as i had only had it for a few weeks....i havent heard anything else this was about 3 weeks ago now. so in summary a good brush and pole but not so hot on the customer service
regrds
Bill

same thing happend to me i dont like there customer service as well  >:(
rhys

groundhog

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 08:34:15 pm »
Their customer service is non existent, and I don't like the fact that they phone you up under false pretences, saying that it is a courtesy call to see how you are getting on with your new pole. And when you tell them that there is a problem, they don't want to know as they only really phoned you to try and sell you another pole! >:( Not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H h20

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 08:39:43 pm »
I don`t know what you guys have been doing with your poles for them to break but i have mine fully extended alot and it`s my main pole so it gets used alot with no problems,
as for the after sales sevice i can`t comment as iv`e had no need to use it (yet)  ::)
Gaz

groundhog

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 08:50:10 pm »
How long have you had your pole Gaz? I had mine about 4 Months before it snapped, under normal use. The clamps also came away from the pole after about a couple of Months use. I liked the pole at first, but it was just not robust enough. I may have tried one of their eco-lite poles, but after experiencing their customer service I will never buy from them again!!!!!

poleman

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 08:52:01 pm »
I purchased a 18ft predator pole some months ago, and have found very good, the clamps are very easy to use, and the pole is easy to open and close, and its lightness makes it easy to do ground floor windows aswell, yes there is flex, which I like, as it does help to get to windows (above flat roofs) where a more ridged one cant

Andy  

H h20

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 08:54:27 pm »
Iv`e had it about 3 months now it`s the 25ft ecolite carbon pole,clamps are fine all the sections are fine no sign of wear,may be i got one of the best they built who knows,time will tell,
Gaz

groundhog

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 08:56:58 pm »
As I said I was quite happy with mine until it snapped in half!! :(

JM123

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 10:47:44 pm »
John Linden - no harm to you mate but I personally deal with Sean, I've found him to be honest, reliable, very easy to deal with and generally an all round nice guy (although I think he may be an Everton supporter).

Usually people wait until they've posted more than 4 times before they start to have a go.

Over and out.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 11:17:01 pm »
The only poles at the show worth talking about were brodex. Why?

All the others sell themselves on weight. Saw loads of blokes testeng them out.
What have you got in your Van? I got a tank of water and when that is empty I go home.

Dont care how heavy the pole is I will lift it and get used to it but when that tanks out of water I'm home. No lightweight pole can do without water.

Brodex poles...Only ones at show with a trigger. Mine got triggers. Weight Ill lift it  all day but water... ::) I want to save it.

Costomer service non existant. Yes Face lift poles and Ionics poles good..but then  you have got the  prob of putting triggger on it and doing away with any garantee cause you tampered with it and your paying a hefty sum of money. With out that trigger its  just an open tap in my hand. Girth? no girth hold of a trigger..should be industry standard.

groundhog

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 12:02:57 am »
Trigger or no trigger it still snapped in half! :'(  anyway it is quite easy to attach a tap to the hose! ;)

brett walker

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 06:44:55 pm »
I have ended up getting an Ionics pole its light for my work with it mostly being 3 storey, went to the cleaning show hoping to see something i liked, i liked the look of facelift but cant afford the 605 quid hopefully i will get to the Blackpool show to have a look whats there.  I'm still waiting for a pole to be made that lasts at least a couple of years for the money

regards

Brett :)

macmac

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 06:57:44 pm »
Oh brodex, Oh brodex, none-exsitent customer care seems to have come back & bit you on the bum. Good, serves you right.
FACELIFT FACELIFT ALL THE WAY!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 07:28:46 pm »
Mac, Brodex had a really interesting alu pole out at the show, I think its designed to last at least the couple of years that Brett wants.

brett walker

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:28 pm »
The guys from facelift have offered to come down to my house to give me a demo of their poles as they only live a few miles away i'll get them to clean my windows to save the wife nagging me  ;D

Brett

macmac

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36:52 pm »
Mac, Brodex had a really interesting alu pole out at the show, I think its designed to last at least the couple of years that Brett wants.
jeff
stream had a super alu pole in the making called the streampole but it never got into production. i seen a video of it in use & i have to say it looked superb.

tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 08:13:16 pm »
Tony I sometimes see the stream family at shows, very innovative  :)