P®oPole™

Drip tray?
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »
Who uses them for reels etc?

Cant find one big enough anywere!

Clear Vision

Re: Drip tray?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »
Just make one your self about 1" high out of wood. Just line the inside with a tarpollon. Cheap as chips!

P®oPole™

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:44:48 pm »
Hi Matthew,

Good idea but I need something better than that, it has to take alot of daily abuse.

ProPole®

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:49:23 pm »
Hi Matthew,

Good idea but I need something better than that, it has to take alot of daily abuse.

ProPole®

Don't understand why it cant be made strong.  ??? The one I have gets thrown about and is 4 month old. Found some old bits of wood at a mates farm and knocked it up in 10 mins for £0.70p

P®oPole™

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:51:58 pm »
Vision,

How do you stop your reels falling over?

Pro

steveaqua

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 04:53:54 pm »
so why you need a drip tray pole, i'm a little miffed??

i have attached all my reels to the van floor, they don't leak, they are always dry, why the drip tray??

Clear Vision

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 04:56:45 pm »
Pro pole,

My misstake! I forgot to tell you that I dont use it for my hose reel as thats fixed in.

I place my poles in the van, so I use the drip tray directly under the brush head to catch any drips.

Matthew

P®oPole™

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 04:57:48 pm »
Mine are not bolted, I lift my reels in and out of the van to work from them therefore they leak when disconected.

Pro

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 05:00:54 pm »
is there a reason you have them lose?

i remeber when mine where lose they were a nightmare pulling in and out, now i can pull straight from the reels round corners with out mucking about, saves a shed load of time and keeps the hoses straight so easier to work with and wind back in

P®oPole™

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 05:04:08 pm »

I would never leave my back doors open, I would worry to much. I use ports on the side of my van which I think is much better so dont mind lifting reels in and out.

Pro

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »
pro pole,

I am planning putting ports on my van so I can close the door.

Do you have any pictures you could email me?

Cheers

Matthew

steveaqua

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 05:11:32 pm »

I could not never leave my back doors open, I would worry so much. I use ports on the side of my van which I think is much better so dont mind lifting reels in and out.

Pro
Fair point

but why don't you drill a couple of holes or one hole to run the hoses out of, i'm only chucking these suggestions because i remeber when my reels wern't bolted down it used to drive me crazy! you must have to wait for the pressure to build back up again in your hosereels if the water is running out ain't it? you also must be wasting a bit of water as well ain't it?

P®oPole™

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:16:32 pm »
Vision,

With them two ports by the back door. I can fill, backwash, drain, and pump with the back doors shut and locked, Peace of mind.

Steven

Not a bad idea, I suppose I could divert the pump outlet and just pass my hose through the hole were the conector now is.

Pro

Clear Vision

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 05:23:19 pm »
Did you take that just now? Cheers.

Looks very wet!

Where and how much do the ports cost?

Basically all I want is a hole in the van to let my fixed hose reel inside  come out. But I would need some kind of cover like the one you have.

Cheers

Matthew

steveaqua

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 05:34:50 pm »
i think we are on to something here cause i'm getting a new van in May so i would prefer my doors shut. ithas often worried me, could do with something for the back of that van

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 05:38:39 pm »
Just thought on something!

If your not planning on keeping the vehicle for too long, fitting a port could de-value the van. Some people wouldn't mind but it might put others off when trying to re-sell it.

Matthew

steveaqua

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 05:46:47 pm »
I personally think theres loads of pitfalls fitting a WFP system to a van, theres always gonna be something like, speedlined floors, holes where reels have been mounted to the floor, holes where tanks have been secured down, the list goes on

DASERVICES

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 05:47:01 pm »

Clear Vision

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 05:50:55 pm »
Doug,

that looks good!

macc

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 06:21:15 pm »
I personally think theres loads of pitfalls fitting a WFP system to a van, theres always gonna be something like, speedlined floors, holes where reels have been mounted to the floor, holes where tanks have been secured down, the list goes on

Hi Steve.

I dont think a speedlined floor will down value the van, as for the port holes if it de values the van 25% who cares, the wfp more than makes up for it. The van is shut up & all kit inside is safe.

Macc