carlfoster

New look :) (Updated info on Round Organiser)
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:32:35 pm »
Hi all

As you may know I have started developing a new window cleaning program, which will be available to a wider range of people, and be free to use.

Here is a screenshot of the main display.

I would like your opinion on the user interface. Is it aesthetically pleasing? Does it look professional and hopefully it will still be easy to use.

Any suggestions are of course welcome.

thanks

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: New look :)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:37:44 pm »
lt looks good to me carl
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:41:59 pm »
Hi all

As you may know I have started developing a new window cleaning program, which will be available to a wider range of people, and be free to use.

Here is a screenshot of the main display.

I would like your opinion on the user interface. Is it aesthetically pleasing? Does it look professional and hopefully it will still be easy to use.

Any suggestions are of course welcome.

thanks

It is aesthetically pleasing Carl.  It looks like it was written for Windows XP.  OK, so I know there is a lot more to a program than eye candy but if it looks nice, is functional, and isn't too steep a learning curve then you're well on the way.

MNWC

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:24:41 pm »
Carl

I am was going to buy George in the new year. It has everything that a window cleaner needs !

Personaly i would be looking for-

1) weekly clean schedule.
2) fortnightly clean.
3) four weekly clean.
4) eight weekly clean.

Plus each Sunday night  you should be able to print your whole weeks work out  at the touch of a button.

Hope that helps.
Marcus

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »
Looks good Like the information top left (can this be changed to weeks totals ?
also can the days/weeks work be loaded onto a palm?
I have used a self designed data base for 10 years now but I am always on the look out for better systems.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

carlfoster

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:18 pm »
Glad you like the look so far  :)

Marcus: This system will allow you to create your own frequencies, weekly, fortnightly, monthly even annually if you want. You will also have various options for printing your work. It can be according to rounds, next so many houses, or a weeks work is a good idea too.

Alan: The little summary at the top corner will have 3 settings which you will be able to choose. Either monthly summary, weekly or annual. I plan to have a way of using a palm or hand held computer.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:28:46 pm »
looks good carl. looks like it would be straight forward to use etc. i like it when you dont need to  mess about too much. one click and its done type thing with not too many options to add confusion or at least have the basic functions in front of you and have a seperate bit for advanced features etc.
when I'm cleaning windows

carlfoster

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:49 pm »
looks good carl. looks like it would be straight forward to use etc. i like it when you dont need to  mess about too much. one click and its done type thing with not too many options to add confusion or at least have the basic functions in front of you and have a seperate bit for advanced features etc.

Yes, that is the plan. There will be basic features accessed at the click of a button and then more advanced features for those who want.

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:02:15 pm »
I am using carls original version of round organiser, and I must admit is very good, and I do like the look of the new one, well done Carl, looking forward to its release.

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 01:23:25 am »
Carl you have said this is going to be free to use, are you planning on charging for it in the future, this looks like a nice program and I recon will be very popular, if you dont want to sell the program how about putting it out as a shareware program where you leave it down to the user if he likes it and uses it to make a donation into a paypal account.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 08:16:50 am »
Hi I think the old style was good and this is even better!! 

COOL!   :D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 09:02:13 am »
Think I missed the boat on this one!!

Can you tell me how the rounds are organised i.e. weekly/monthly? The reports facility, what reports can you run?

Looks good though  ;)
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

carlfoster

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 10:08:03 am »
Carl you have said this is going to be free to use, are you planning on charging for it in the future, this looks like a nice program and I recon will be very popular, if you dont want to sell the program how about putting it out as a shareware program where you leave it down to the user if he likes it and uses it to make a donation into a paypal account.

Yes Dave, the program will be free to download and use for an unlimited time. I will consider shareware. Thanks for the suggestion.  ;)
is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Best-Window-Cleaning-Software-for-Window-Cleaners_W0QQitemZ260064117032QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3769QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

No Sean, that is a completely different program. That one isn't free either.

Think I missed the boat on this one!!

Can you tell me how the rounds are organised i.e. weekly/monthly? The reports facility, what reports can you run?

Looks good though ;)

Trevor, I have organised it so that it's as versatile as possible. So, you can create your own frequency for the rounds, anything from daily to annually to infinity (not quite  ;)  ) You could also have one round for domestic and one for commercial. For those who don't divide their work into rounds, you would only need one round which would contain all your work.

The reporting will be quite versatile too. You can view and print your work list for the day, and set it to only show those houses which are due to be done, so the 2 monthly ones don't show. You can print all the rounds, or select certain ones. You can also do something similar with debt reports. Other reporting include financial ones to help with your book keeping. You will be able to keep a record of expenses too.

Lee.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 10:17:18 am »
Hi Carl
I have been using George for 3 years now and I am very impressed however I would love to trial it to see how it compares. I am always open to new ways.

regards

Lee

Trevor Knight

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 12:05:20 pm »
Thanks for that Carl,

Look forward to trying it out.

Regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

cleanwave

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 04:10:34 pm »
Carl,

Looks excellent to me.  I think I saw one of your old posts a while back, but is a version of your programme already available to use ?  If not, when will your new one be ready to download and try out ?  I'd be very interested to try it as I'm looking at better ways to organise things at the moment.

Cheers

Matt

carlfoster

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 07:40:05 pm »
Hi Matt

This is the original version of Round Organiser.

http://www.freewebs.com/matthiasdete/Round%20Organiser%20Setup.exe

I have been running it for a few months now. This version requires you to have Microsoft Access installed on your computer, and as many don't have that, I am making the new version.

You can still use this one if you want and when the new one comes out the data stored will be compatible.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 07:58:49 pm »
 Carl,

I look forward to the New Look. Keep up the good work :D :D

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

cleanwave

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 07:25:59 pm »
Thanks Carl - there was a message saying the files were corrupted, but I've just found out I don't have Access anyway.  Do you have an idea of when your new version might be ready ?

Cheers

Matt