Poll

Are you a member of the Federation of window Cleaners?

Yes
No

Moderator David@stives

Re: How Many Federation Members
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 07:13:35 pm »
Hi Alan

Hows it going, Give us a ring when you get time, I have lost your number

8842 ex member

I am no longer allowed to join, I wonder why ?  lol

Dave
APWC
 Vice Chairman

WavieDavie

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 07:26:03 pm »
Dave

Nice to know you're in charge of vice  ;)

Were you a member who wasn't allowed to renew, or was an application to re-join after an absence knocked back?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

matt

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 07:32:17 pm »
all this cloak and dagger stuff is great isnt it

the great swindle continues  :P

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 07:34:18 pm »
No I did not renew as we set up a new association.

I have heard from a reliable source, that it is now written into the constitution that apwc members cannot join the fed

Dave

p.s I am in charge of vice and the chairs

WavieDavie

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 07:45:13 pm »
Any idea what happens to existing Fed members who join APWC - do they automatically get chucked out?

So if I have a British Gas service contract on my gas boiler, but own another house for rent and have a different maintenance firm look after the central heating on that, one of them will tell me to get lost? Flaming rseholes!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 07:51:57 pm »
Davie

Sorry that post was misleading, what i should of said was apwc committee members cannot join the fed.

Sorry for the confusion

Dabe

WavieDavie

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 07:57:29 pm »
Unless they  were also committee members on the fed, I don't see a conflict of interests, just a cutting off ofsomeone's nose to spite their face.

Ah well.

Davie Park

DASERVICES

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 08:03:26 pm »
I'd like to join an association that the general public are aware of and when
you are asked each time by a new customer, are you a member of xxxxx

Now that would be money worth spent as the name is getting me business.

Maybe one day.

<---------------- ;D ;D

Doug

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 08:21:38 pm »
I have been recently awarded some  large contracts locally, and being a member of an association helped swing it my way.

I mentioned my apwc membership, my bwca training and shown them my h&s policy , they were very impressed by everything and the whole thing is now snow balling.

I belonged to an association for 6 years and never really saw any benefit, But i know 100% me being a member of one impressed them this time around.

You never know when you may need it.

Dave

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 09:10:56 pm »
Roy Harding

Did the content of the E-mail change your views at all?
It's a game of three halves!

Roy Harding

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
Roy Harding

Did the content of the E-mail change your views at all?

No just confirmed what I thought.

Roy

matt

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 10:26:37 pm »
well i guess what andrew said was the truth

as

a. some1 would have been around to deny it

b. the FED would have been onto the lawyers (as they have in the past)

so did it all take place then, is it done and dusted ?? ?? ?

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:50 pm »

One thing I would like to make clear is that I had nothing to do with the society council I am not on it, I would not gain at all financially what ever happens at the end of it.

so thats you, steve lowe and the other guy who came on here ( i forget his name ), you must have been the 3 who "abstained from the vote"

Hi all
This is the one thing which I hoped would not happen, I really did not want this to start into a public arena to down the fed.

but as soon as some1 from the fed exec commitee comes on here, they will be asked the question, as the world of window cleaners wanted to know / were shocked at the whole episode

where is Andew M anyways, not seen him around for a bit

Hi all

Matt
Your on the ball no fly's on you.

Johnboyfree - I don't know why we are not just that the majority of us have our hands tied big time, must admit there have been a few of us on the committee who have said how frustrating it can be because when the flake is aimed at the fed it may not be down to everyone. you know what I mean.
As you requested this post will self destruct in 30 seconds......BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Hi Dave  -  Sorry I am not allowed to talk to you,  I'll get permission and get back to you. ;D
It was interesting what you put I do not know what happened at the last meeting as needed to get my work done before xmas.
It'll be interesting what the others say.
Same here mate not got your number mine are on my profile.

Thank you to everyone who has posted and given me details.

Regards
Alan

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 10:55:18 pm »

Hi all

Matt
Your on the ball no fly's on you.

Johnboyfree - I don't know why we are not just that the majority of us have our hands tied big time, must admit there have been a few of us on the committee who have said how frustrating it can be because when the flake is aimed at the fed it may not be down to everyone. you know what I mean.
As you requested this post will self destruct in 30 seconds......BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Hi Dave  -  Sorry I am not allowed to talk to you,  I'll get permission and get back to you. ;D
It was interesting what you put I sis not know what happened at the last meeting as needed to get my work done before xmas.
It'll be interesting what the others say.
Same here mate not got your number mine are on my profile.

Thank you to everyone who has posted and given me details.

Regards
Alan

DASERVICES

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 11:13:10 pm »
I have been recently awarded some  large contracts locally, and being a member of an association helped swing it my way.

I mentioned my apwc membership, my bwca training and shown them my h&s policy , they were very impressed by everything and the whole thing is now snow balling.

I belonged to an association for 6 years and never really saw any benefit, But i know 100% me being a member of one impressed them this time around.

You never know when you may need it.

Dave

Well done Dave but the thing I would like to see is I am a member of xxxx, its the customer asking for member of xxxx. Now that will be a winner.

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 04:23:48 pm »
Used to be not no more. Apart from the logo on my van i didnt really use them for anything and being a member did not get me any more work.

I am though a member of safe contractor which i have gained alot of work from as commercial companys like the idea of not having to have lots of paper work as the certificate shows that you have proven you have good safty practices and risk assesments etc dont need to be done.

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2006, 05:31:20 pm »
Used to be not no more. Apart from the logo on my van i didnt really use them for anything and being a member did not get me any more work.

Should the one of the aims of a window cleaning association or federation be to just get you more work?

Surely there should be other, more high-brow reasons?

Johnboyfree

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2006, 06:08:07 pm »
Should the one of the aims of a window cleaning association or federation be to just get you more work?

No,the Federations Aim should never be to get you more work,that is solely youre domain...

It should Promote Safe Practises within the Industry where possible...
To Raise the Publics Awareness of the Proffesionalism of that trade...
To set minimum guide lines or standards of work...
To make it Known that All its Members are Fully Insured,Trained to Minimum legal Requirements where
Specialized Equipment is Used
To Represent its Members at Local Government Level and At National Level if Required(to Argue Against Drought Orders)etc.etc.and Lots More that I cant think off at the moment.... ;D ;D

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 02:18:38 pm »

Surely there should be other, more high-brow reasons?

What are they then because someone obviously failed to let me know ? The only time i ever heard from them was when my subscription needed re-newing?

Never had the "tender" magazine. Couldnt help me when my van was involved in an accident ..i found better insurance from another broker ........ the window cleaning supplies are more expensive than most you find on the net?

Please advise me again then apart from that logo what was i paying "80 odd quid " for?