dazmond

working in the rain.....(again!)
« on: September 09, 2019, 07:53:29 am »
this is aimed at the guys that say they DONT work in the rain.......how on earth do you manage not to? ::)roll

this morning......its raining here and forecast for most of the day.....

last week it rained most of thursday and friday morning,some days i might be 3 hours into my work schedule for that day and it rains for the next 2 hours......what do you do?go home? ::)roll

ive got 3 commercial jobs to clean this morning(offices),2 domestic jobs and a UPVC clean on a large house this afternoon....theyll get cleaned in the rain regardless as usual......
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

Re: working in the rain.....(again!)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:07:18 am »
I feel for you flat out full time guys Dazmond, I work around 20 hours a week and if I only get 15 hours done this this week which is rare doing 25 next week is no big deal, up your prices, keep control of your expenses, stop wasting money on nonsense that's not needed, you could then cut back on your hours and avoid the need to work in all sorts of weather.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:18:37 am »
I feel for you flat out full time guys Dazmond, I work around 20 hours a week and if I only get 15 hours done this this week which is rare doing 25 next week is no big deal, up your prices, keep control of your expenses, stop wasting money on nonsense that's not needed, you could then cut back on your hours and avoid the need to work in all sorts of weather.

i still need to work in the rain.....if i had your attitude id never get any work cleaned!im off on holiday in 3 weeks so even more important to keep to schedule..... :D
price higher/work harder!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 08:35:34 am »
Im with you on this one Daz, i can't understand how they can keep to schedule either.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 08:37:34 am »
I don’t know how they do it either  ??? I was going to take today off to start working 4 days instead of 5. Today Iv got a customer who’s sold their 800k house that wanted one last clean, and 2 well paid gutter jobs . If only I could learn how to say no, I could be chilling out watching Lorraine on itv like the rest of the window cleaners who don’t work in the rain  :'( ;D

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 08:53:38 am »
I usually just get on with it as it's never as bad as it seems but today or at least this morning I'm taking off as it's been heavy all night. It was an early start yesterday with the kids for a charity event then took them to a theme park, then had to unload the pw gear from Friday and put the poles etc back in so it was late before I sat down. Also had the wee man kicking lumps out me last night so I've got more of an excuse than the rain.

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:50 am »
I’m going to the gym for a couple of hours posing.

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:18 am »
Did the school runs and now warm and dry in bed !
I will have to pop out at some point to get the heater build under way
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:33 am »
this is aimed at the guys that say they DONT work in the rain.......how on earth do you manage not to? ::)roll

this morning......its raining here and forecast for most of the day.....

last week it rained most of thursday and friday morning,some days i might be 3 hours into my work schedule for that day and it rains for the next 2 hours......what do you do?go home? ::)roll

ive got 3 commercial jobs to clean this morning(offices),2 domestic jobs and a UPVC clean on a large house this afternoon....theyll get cleaned in the rain regardless as usual......

In answer to your question, simple, we have the day off. Sod the schedule. Who cares?

Maybe we’d do some commercial if it was drizzle but it’s proper lashing down in the south west today. Very rare it rains all day though as you know. But i think today is one of those days.

Sometimes I’ll send employee out to clean some insides or fascia if we’ve got any on but wouldn’t expect him to work outside all day in this all day even in waterproofs. Not good for morale.

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 10:03:29 am »

i still need to work in the rain.....if i had your attitude id never get any work cleaned!im off on holiday in 3 weeks so even more important to keep to schedule..... :D

LOL, Dazmond only guy on here who is worse than you is Nathan K, he's another so called part timer who only ever seems to work when its raining, minus ten  or a bank holiday, even when I worked longer hours I could always catch up when the weather was bad.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 10:03:56 am »
I’m SW too , it’s horrible here , lightening later they reckon
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 10:19:47 am »
If I wanted a 5 day week 9 to 5 job Id apply for one, not joking in all the years Iv been at this job Iv only witnessed one shiner working in heavy rain, he looked miserable and fed up, it doesn't surprise me that I haven't seen him about in a while.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 10:42:47 am »
Not even raining here.
I guess if I lived in a council flat with your debts Dazmond then I might go out, work then brag about my earnings when I got home but I don’t.
Routine doesn’t rule my life, I don’t need it and don’t like it, I like to chill be spontaneous, every day different.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 11:16:21 am »
It always amazes me how today in 2019 a little bit of water from the heavens can stop play!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 11:27:39 am »
I usually just get on with it as it's never as bad as it seems but today or at least this morning I'm taking off as it's been heavy all night. It was an early start yesterday with the kids for a charity event then took them to a theme park, then had to unload the pw gear from Friday and put the poles etc back in so it was late before I sat down. Also had the wee man kicking lumps out me last night so I've got more of an excuse than the rain.

My missus has gone to greece with her mum as a special treat......some mum time.  Went last week n wont be back till thursday.
So thats 3 little kids and at the same time im redecorating the house as a suprise for her. With my sleep pattern, that means during the night when the kids are in bed, haha its one way to get tired tho.
Im glad there at school as my littlest starts nursery today. So im working like a mad man to knock of even earlier than normal to beat all the school run traffic back on the rds. Then sort all usual family stuff out, before going back to decorating tonight (wallpapering lol)
Working in the rain is like a bleeding holiday in comparison!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 11:46:40 am »
How you going to find time to decorate your house in week whilst you got all that going on? Bet that'll look nice! ;D

JandS

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 11:52:04 am »
It's great when you can afford not to work in the rain......tried it, didn't like it and neither did my customers.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

deeege

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
Raining on and off here but just plodding on. I don’t NEED to work in the rain but I’d only be sat at home anyway so I WANT to work.

Taking Friday off also for a weekend in the mountains so that’s giving me extra motivation today.

I’d rather be the one that dictates when I have time off, not let the weather dictate for me.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ooooooog

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 12:28:13 pm »
Soaked already and hardly started.

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 12:40:42 pm »
Unless it’s stormy weather I usually just keep going.

I’d rather keep on track with work, and then I can take days off in the good weather and do something. Rather than being stuck in the house eating biscuits and drinking tea.

Unless of course I want to have a lazy day. Then I eat ALL the biscuits.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher