tlwcs

Facelift compact 325/425 system
« on: September 08, 2019, 12:18:15 pm »
Who uses one of these?
Do you rate the quality and reliability?
Did you also buy the retaining straps (I can’t see any listed) and finally was it easy to fit
Many thanks

Plankton

Re: Facelift compact 325/425 system
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 06:00:10 pm »
The tank itself is solid and there's a few on here that bought them around 3 years ago. I might have been the only one to have had an issue which was the controller, that ped me off for a while before Ian Shepherd sorted it out. The battery supplied was a lesser spec than advertised.
It could do with a sight glass to view the water level and the fixings supplied where a joke although I had mine strapped down anyway.
If buying one try waiting until November for the black Friday sale or try the other crowd that sell it.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:11:45 am »
a couple of points why i wouldnt buy one of these systems

1.cant see water level..... ::)roll
2.tanks are too small for most  WFP sole traders(i use nearly 500L in 5 hours some days....)
3.personally i think tanks are more secure/better in a crash tested frame....
price higher/work harder!

tlwcs

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 07:57:03 pm »
a couple of points why i wouldnt buy one of these systems

1.cant see water level..... ::)roll
2.tanks are too small for most  WFP sole traders(i use nearly 500L in 5 hours some days....)
3.personally i think tanks are more secure/better in a crash tested frame....
I’ll agree completely with no 1
No 2 is rubbish, but I respect it’s your opinion
I’ve had strapped and framed tanks and always felt secure.

I rang window cleaning warehouse today to ask if they could adapt the tank to give a sight  window and also a  turn table for the reel. We could then work from the side or front. They can’t.
I did get a little discount but not enough to buy.
DIY for the fifth time.

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 10:24:44 pm »
That's what I thought about the reel before, someone else sells them. Just remembered that they couldn't even drill the holes for the battery cover properly so I don't think they'd trust themselves with something as simple as fitting two elbows and and bit if clear hose.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:04:32 pm »
Horses for courses and all that but I would use that full to the brim in no time,I easily get through 500lts a day as I use the pump almost flat out.
I’ve seen people using this size of tank and they are using the kind of water flow that will cause mistakes and an overall bad job,the more water the better 1st thing to think about when considering tank size is buy one a fair bit bigger than you’ll need coz there will be a lot of days you’ll need more water.