The Jester of Wibbly

Vikan Easy Shine Kit
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:01:38 pm »
Just stumbled across these while browsing supplier websites and took a look at the you tube videos for this product.

Anyone use or tried them before?   
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Den68

Re: Vikan Easy Shine Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »
I use one for large internal glass, be sure to order extra pads as they get dirty quick, also have the 12 ext pole and gardiner  quicloc adapter for their poles.

Overall does the job I need  them for.

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:42:40 pm »
I use or did use something for internals at flats but when the windows are steamed up inside it's fecking impossible.
(Rubbermaid!) That's the name of the glass cleaning kit I used.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 06:05:24 pm »
I use them. Results are variable. Buy a decent number of replacement pads as you will get through loads on a first clean.

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:23:35 pm »
They are hard work and as already said results can vary, the secrete is to keep the pad as dry as possible, no more than  mist of pure or cleaning solution on the glass or pad.

Elfyn

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 07:29:19 am »
I've used them for years. Very usefull bit of kit.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 08:18:35 am »
Thanks all. How long would one pad last before it needs changing to be washed?  I know it depends on how dirty a window is.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 12:41:14 pm »
I used to have one and didnt find them good ...cant beat a mop and squeegee.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 01:12:20 pm »
the best thing to do is dont take on any inside window cleaning work! ;D
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »
the best thing to do is dont take on any inside window cleaning work! ;D
Why not?

Its nice and warm this weather  ;D

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 01:35:04 pm »
Use two, one damp to clean and one dry to polish. Wouldn't want to use them for 1st cleans but work well for hard to reach stuff.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 11:04:34 am »
Thanks all. How long would one pad last before it needs changing to be washed?  I know it depends on how dirty a window is.

If you have been maintaining the windows and just doing a quick once over to remove light dust/fingermarks, you can clean a reasonable number of windows with a pad (I err on the side of caution and change them quite frequently).  However, if it's a first clean, have a good stash of pads and maybe re-do the job after washing and drying them.  They really are best used on maintenance work but sometimes it's not practical.
The main issue I've experienced on maintenance work is on plastic partitions. The more plastic it is, the more prone to smears (it doesn't work so well on more flexible, perspex-like sheets). However, some partitions come up just fine so I'm thinking it might be determined by how the sheets are made and the materials used.  There was one job (mostly perspex) where I had to squeegee everything - sometimes from a pole. I used dry pads to tidy up around the edges.  Even then it was less than perfect but they were OK about it because it was a disco where the lighting was very low anyway. Also, I pre-warned them of possible quality issues and said that if they wanted work at height, the cost would be very high as it would be on a tower or lift. They went for the cheaper option (quite relieved about that as I don't have a tower or lift :) ).

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:22 am »
Thanks.  I use a mop and squeegy for the insides but I have a coupe of regular insides to do for residential homes so will be using this for those to avoid any residue leaking on the carpet.

I managed to buy the full kit on eBay on Black Friday for £43.60.  I also purchased an extra 5 pads giving me 10 in total for £24. 

Elfyn

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »
As you say it varies from job to job depending on how dirty they are. It takes 20 pads to do a school.  ;D