duncan h

ALEX GARDINER !!!!
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:51 pm »
Where are the new brushes? don't get us excited saying its this week then nothing.  Waited months for these

Clever Forum Name

Re: ALEX GARDINER !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:07 pm »
He posted not so long ago. We'd/thu/fri next week

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »
April 1st

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:40 pm »
April 1st

Don't you mean April 1st!!!!!!
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:29:47 am »
What's the saving on that lot - £37?

duncan h

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 10:47:45 am »
We need a vid of what is what. Some are the same like flocked but no medium mixed now, just medium and hard medium

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:34:12 am »
We need a vid of what is what. Some are the same like flocked but no medium mixed now, just medium and hard medium

Agree with that.

A video would help a lot. Just a quick look at the brushes first as you can't really see what there like from pictures.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:02:35 am »
I am guessing once they come in. Quick photos. Then up on site.

DeLuce

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 03:53:15 pm »
If you're online Alex, I've just had a look at my wishlist and it was showing the bundle of x5 brushes as in stock. It's only when you try to checkout that it says 'out of stock'  :P

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »
If you're online Alex, I've just had a look at my wishlist and it was showing the bundle of x5 brushes as in stock. It's only when you try to checkout that it says 'out of stock'  :P

There is a 6 brush option as well now. Just in case you missed it :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 06:07:30 pm »

None of them are in stock currently. Not sure why they would have been showing as 'In Stock' as they are not enabled yet.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:08:01 pm »

Agree with that.

A video would help a lot. Just a quick look at the brushes first as you can't really see what there like from pictures.

We will try and get a video up of them as soon as they arrive  :)

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 10:05:33 pm »
Now available!

chris turner

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:54 pm »
Now available!

Well spotted!
Just ordered mine

DeLuce

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 10:58:09 pm »
Yeah, ordered mine earlier too.
Watch out if you order the brush bundle, if you opt for the 90 degree quick-lok socket, it comes out at £8 pr brush  :o  I think there's a ghost in the machine  ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:55 pm »
Ordered mine. Should keep me going for a few weeks.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:58 pm »
Yeah, ordered mine earlier too.
Watch out if you order the brush bundle, if you opt for the 90 degree quick-lok socket, it comes out at £8 pr brush  :o  I think there's a ghost in the machine  ;D

I noticed this as well. All sorted now  :)

The 3 orders placed that were overcharged will be refunded in the morning.

DeLuce

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:54 pm »

I noticed this as well. All sorted now  :)

The 3 orders placed that were overcharged will be refunded in the morning.
Well, funny that. I knew you'd sort it out like that so I ordered them anyway. Great customer service 👍

DeLuce

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 11:28:40 pm »
Oh, out of interest, any chance of a superlite baseball cap for the sunny days please? I've got Beanies and  pens  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 11:34:37 pm »
Oh, out of interest, any chance of a superlite baseball cap for the sunny days please? I've got Beanies and  pens  ;D

I'll put a good word in for you with the packing team  :)

DeLuce

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:35 am »
Lol, thanks a lot  :D

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 07:00:56 am »
Hi Alex,

Just double checking you can order these brushes as a free extra if you purchase a pole?

I couldn't get it in the drop down menu on the extreme 18.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 08:02:22 am »
Hi Alex,

Just double checking you can order these brushes as a free extra if you purchase a pole?

They will be - however it is quite a long process to add them to each pole as an option. I am hoping to start this today.

I have added them as an option on the Xtreme 18 now for you.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 11:45:48 am »
Hi Alex,

They will be - however it is quite a long process to add them to each pole as an option. I am hoping to start this today.

That's great, thanks Alex.

I'm out at work now but I just tried to place the order on my phone and I got an out of stock pop up message.

I will try again once I get to my laptop at home though, as it might be a problem on my end.

Many thanks.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:30 pm »
Hi Alex,

I'm out at work now but I just tried to place the order on my phone and I got an out of stock pop up message.

I will try again once I get to my laptop at home though, as it might be a problem on my end.

Many thanks.

The problem was on our end! It is all sorted now  :)

duncan h

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »
Whats difference between soft and soft hybrid? which is best every day brush for cold water, rinsing on glass

Mike55

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »
Same question as duncan h - but with medium and medium hybrid.... for use on cold water window cleaning

duncan h

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 01:26:42 pm »
this is why I needed a vid ASAP. I am guessing hybrid is better scrubbing power, as it is in other range. What is equivalent to medium mixed?
Is the softest flocked

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 01:51:41 pm »
this is why I needed a vid ASAP. I am guessing hybrid is better scrubbing power, as it is in other range. What is equivalent to medium mixed?
Is the softest flocked

We will be shooting some videos as soon as we are able - at the moment we are slightly snowed under with brush assembling and fulfilling orders  :)

A video would not actual help you with this question though as the difference between the two is all to do with the feel on the glass not how it looks in action.

The hybrid version of each brush has slightly superior scrubbing and is noticeable in that the centre natural bristles have more drag in use making the brush feel slightly sticky on the glass when scrubbing.

Some clients will like this, some will not. Personally I like the improved cleaning ability on snail trails and similar.

I hope that this helps with the choice.

The main reason for doing the multiple brush bundles is so that clients can try different versions for future reference. With these varieties there will be no substitute for trying them out against each other.

If you are still unsure I would say go for the hybrid version first as it is very good.

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 04:02:01 pm »
Trouble is, out of six brushes I'd probably settle for one as a favourite possibly two. I think I'll wait for a few reviews.

duncan h

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »
Is the softest flocked

We will be shooting some videos as soon as we are able - at the moment we are slightly snowed under with brush assembling and fulfilling orders  :)

A video would not actual help you with this question though as the difference between the two is all to do with the feel on the glass not how it looks in action.

The hybrid version of each brush has slightly superior scrubbing and is noticeable in that the centre natural bristles have more drag in use making the brush feel slightly sticky on the glass when scrubbing.

Some clients will like this, some will not. Personally I like the improved cleaning ability on snail trails and similar.

I hope that this helps with the choice.

The main reason for doing the multiple brush bundles is so that clients can try different versions for future reference. With these varieties there will be no substitute for trying them out against each other.

If you are still unsure I would say go for the hybrid version first as it is very good.
Would soft or medium be the norm with cold water
As above. Wont be using 6 brushes. Don't want to spend over £100 on brushes and only use 1

duncan h

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 05:49:52 pm »
That's me stuffed to order. I don't receive email with password reminder. You should be able to checkout with just using paypal, but it doesnt

ChumBucket

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:05 pm »
Trouble is, out of six brushes I'd probably settle for one as a favourite possibly two. I think I'll wait for a few reviews.

Bet you don't!! ;D I reckon that credit card's red hot!! ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 06:08:42 pm »
Nope, i've got willpower!

8weekly

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
I've bought two SLXs and a CLX and all I ever got was a hose cutter.  >:(

duncan h

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
I've bought two SLXs and a CLX and all I ever got was a hose cutter.  >:(
I got a pen  >:(

tlwcs

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »
Ive just done £79. on a couple of brushes and one or two other bits. £379 with him in 3 months that bloody recent orders page is going to get scary
Not sure if its enough to replace the cap that blew off in the wind last week. I miss that cap Alex.
Tony

Jonny 87

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 07:22:05 pm »
Hi Alex,

Many thanks.

The problem was on our end! It is all sorted now  :)

Thanks Alex!

Just placed my order of an extreme 18, and new updated flow valve, along with ..................

The supreme soft hybrid.

I'll post up a pic of the brush as soon as I get it for all those interested. :)

s.w.c

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:46 pm »
I cant wait to see the new brushes, ive dug out my old  ones from different stages from my idea of dual trim to multi layers to butchered sill brushes, you name it ive had a go at butchering most types of brushes, im surprised how big the collection is, look forward to new brush,

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »
I couldn't wave quick enough, but i saw you last week in Hitchin last Friday Smithy. Was about 7.45am you was coming out by BP i was going in :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 09:19:41 pm »
That's me stuffed to order. I don't receive email with password reminder. You should be able to checkout with just using paypal, but it doesnt

Hi Duncan

I noticed that your order went through - hopefully all ordering issues have been sorted  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 09:34:17 pm »
Would soft or medium be the norm with cold water
As above. Wont be using 6 brushes. Don't want to spend over £100 on brushes and only use 1

This would really depend on your own preference as both would work well with cold water. In testing we have found that users often preferred a version slightly softer than they usually would use due to the shape of the bristles.

These brushes need very little pressure to scrub well and are very fast on the glass.