Wc Solutions

Few tips needed on a couple of awkward jobs this week ...
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:00:41 pm »
Job 1 - con roof - clear glass, green frames etc ...

Tips needed on - we do a tonne of these jobs but not many clear roofs - normally I try not to use too much chemical on the clear ones as is a nightmare to get them really sparkling after using so much chemical but this is def gonna need it! Find it hard to get it to come up 100% clear when it's the final stage - wfp. Mo probs at first with just customers tap and chemical on frames etc but trying to wfp after is a nightmare as the chemical causes streaking etc ...

Job 2 - around 35ft green gutters and facials

Tips needed on - getting them clean - as it's so high - getting enough chemical on them to come up clean basically. Not a huge fan of just dipping the brush in chemical to be honest and its too high to spray them.

bobplum

Re: Few tips needed on a couple of awkward jobs this week ...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:03:17 pm »
i just use water,preferably hot

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:15:49 pm »
For the first job i would just use less chem and rinse well or just try with your water, i did a retail premises once all clear glass roof it hadn't been done for years and covered in bird muck etc wasn't allowed to use chems on it so was just pure water and they came up fine, it did take allot more scrubbing and water but came good in the end also we were at a height that i was slightly above the glass so could get good pressure on the brush.
Job 2
Again i would try with just water at first and see how it goes, not sure why you think there to high up to spray as its pretty easy to make a sprayer using those hozelock type pump sprayers to reach that high ive made one to reach about 25ft the only thing stopping me go higher is the pole size and length of pole hose, so its not to difficult to spray them if you wanted too.

paul

Wc Solutions

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:18:54 pm »
Think I'm gonna invest in a in line soap thingy...

The con roof - very green frames and white PVC going grey so def needs chems

Wc Solutions

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »
Dug out an unused vikan stiff sill brush so that should help a little

Just out of interest - anyone found them ok to use on plastic con roofs?

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »
i use the old vikan sill brush for conny roofs and upvc heavy but they get into every nook and cranny, although for gutters and fascias i use extreme brushes now as they are good at getting underneath the guttering.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:26:04 pm »
i use the old vikan sill brush for conny roofs and upvc heavy but they get into every nook and cranny, although for gutters and fascias i use extreme brushes now as they are good at getting underneath the guttering.

But would a stiff vikan brush sratch PVC roofs? - for a different job ...

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »

But would a stiff vikan brush sratch PVC roofs? - for a different job ...
couldn't really say as never used one but as they are designed for use on cars i wouldn't of thought so.

Dave Garrett

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 05:28:16 pm »
Just done clear glass roof G101 on brush then rinsed off came up sweet as same for guttering except work in with no flow at first

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 05:46:44 pm »
clear conny roofs i just use water from custys outside tap if available,scraper on a trad pole if needed then finish off with pure from my tank.

high dirty fascias?i spray my brush with virosol then scrub away.

for dirty conny roofs i use a 5L pressure sprayer(about £15 from B&Q)with virosol in it.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »
I've got a 30ft lance that connects to the pressure washer.
Don't use it too often but great bit of kit-not expensive.
Pole is fine but the brackets sometimes are difficult to clean properly.
And with high pressure it gets between the gutter and fascia better.

Buy one, might lose on this job but it'll last you years!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »
i presume you have a 30-40ft pole to clean the gutters? you could just buy 40ft of pole hose, stick a fan jet on the end, wrap it around the pole and spray fascia with chemical via backpack/sprayer then wfp?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.