billozz

gardiner systems
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:08:01 pm »
hey guys,
finally getting round to purchasing a wfp, have been thinking about a system by the above company, 600 ltr tank the type where you connect the hose up when you get home and the tank is full by the time you get up.
any comment s on the above company would be helpful.
can any one advise the size of van required for that system.
they seem to dismiss trolleys as not of much use, i am not sure this is true, can anyone advise as to the accessibility problems when using a van system, i am thinking about getting to the rear of properties over garages etc. also how often do you find you have to move the van.
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

H h20

Re: gardiner systems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:03:26 pm »
What i did was build my own Trolley set up which has the pump and battery on,that also runs a tank in the van that i can connect when i need it and i carry a few 25 litre containers for the trolley,iv`e got 60m of microbore hose on a reel,i would`nt commit yourself to just a van system or just a trolley,it`s best to have both,so much more addaptable, every job is different and you need the choice,
i would reccomend gardiner pole systems for certain products,their tanks are unbeatable and also their poles,Gaz

colinyates

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 07:45:40 pm »
Hi Bill

Also about to buy from Gardiner, only resevations I have with this company is there correspondance as been rather slow.

They may have been on holiday but communication in buisness is essential.

Colin

billozz

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 07:55:36 pm »
Colin,
what system have you decided to buy from them.
Do you do domestic or commercial or a bit of both.
can i ask where you are based.
hope you dont mind the questions but we have been undecided about wfp for so long and now we have made the decision to go for one we are trying not to make a wrong decision. we are mainly domestic with a few businessess and schools so we considered a trolley system for a while, but have slowly come round to the idea that a van system might be better, but i take on board what gaz says about using both
regards
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 08:53:58 pm »
Hi Bill

Firstly if you are considering a 600 ltr tank you should be looking at a vehicle with around a tonne payload. You have also to take into account the weight of the driver and passengers if carried. Fuel. other equipment etc. It all soon adds up and the penalties for overloading can be very severe.

I hear nothing but good things about Gardiners and to be honest I am surprised to see a comment about poor communication. Thats the first negative comment I have ever seen about them.

I dont think it's any secret that Alex and I disagree about the best kit for domestic work. Alex swears by the van mount and I woudn'nt even consider one for my domestic work. Except for a very few properties where there are no obstacles and very good access/parking etc.

I am having a van kitted out with a tank to be powered by my Freedom trolley. I am getting more and more commercial work which suits the van mount but I still have the trolley which I can very quickly disconnect from the tank as and when needed. I had that ability built into the freedom trolley from the outset.

A tank and a trolley mean you have the best of both worlds. Especially if most of your work is domestic in my opinion.

Cheers

Andrew

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:54 pm »
they seem to have good feedback and the guy is willing to share info NOT JUST SELL HIS PRODUCT, which is only a good thing