stuart howes

warning signs
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:50:40 pm »
do any of you wfp guys put warning signs out when working :-\

WavieDavie

Re: warning signs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:11:59 pm »
Even though you've put a mat or cable bridge over the hose to eliminate any trip hazard, you should still put out warning signs.

Depending on where you're working, you don't just need to use them for wfp jobs - ladders on the pavement, for example.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Morph

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:19:38 pm »

I do now I'm wfp.
I thought it was a right pain at first.  More to think about before you can start work.
Now I just do it automatically.  Takes seconds.  All part of the pro image.

Mr. S

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 11:06:47 pm »
Been preping my van today to go wfp.

Seen some guys using cones and not caution signs, what do you think is best, is either easier if youve used both?

Cheers as ur answers may prevent me making a mistake.

gaza

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 11:21:17 pm »
put out cones 1x infront of van on pavement,one behind like wise,have used barriers made the peeps walk in the rd,most cross over :P

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Mr. S

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 11:28:51 pm »
thats ok if ive got one house but what about 3, 4, or 5 in a row etc ? :D ;D

RAHomeServices

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 11:43:58 pm »
We always use warning signs where there is a potential hazard

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 12:29:05 am »
Seen some guys using cones and not caution signs, what do you think is best, is either easier if youve used both?

Depends how windy it is!
Cones are heavier and so tend to stay in the same place, but if you've got the easily stowed fold-away signs you need to connect both sections at the bottom with a short length of cord or chain which will just skiff the ground and put a weight on that.
Now, this is the K9 cojones . . . http://www.cleantech.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=646 but isn't the easiest thing to cart around.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 07:13:54 am »

Yes.
Where the hose crosses the footpath, I lay black rubber matting with yellow border over it and I put out a yellow sign.  Occasionally, I lay my hose across the road if it's a little used road (e.g. cul-de-sac).  I lay the rubber matting over it then too.  No sign on the road though as it's more likely to be a collision hazard.