neil100

Is their a serious flaw with the NEW UNGER WFP?
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:32:46 pm »
OK. I'm new at wfp. I have just finished my 3rd week of wfp and I now have a good idea of what other wfpoles I want. The question is do I buy whats out their now 18' & 24' fibre glass poles knowing the poles can extented from within themselves or wait for the new Unger pole?

http://www.hiflocarbontec.com/  If you go here you can have a look at the new pole.
Its carbon fibre, smallest length 0.75mtrs, normall length 1.5mtrs(5'). So 4 sections give me a 20' pole. If its to big just pull a section off. Theirs no external tubeing that then runs up the pole, It has a fixed internal tube ID of 6mm. All the sections are just push fit. The goose head is just push fit. Great for a quick change between a large or small brush.

Outside circumference of the pole is 45mm. it as a multi-adjustable on off switch on the pole . I dont know how much Unger will charge. But will it be a nightmare on domestics were you have to continuelly adjust the pole length?

Do you think it will take a lot longer to put  an additionall length of pole on compared to what we have now?

Nel.

H h20

Re: Is their a serious flaw with the NEW UNGER WFP?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:38:41 pm »
I don`t like the idea of how it works it seems too much messing about adding and taking away sections,it`s so much easier to have it to hand just by the flick of a switch,anyway iv`e just bought my last pole and i need to get earning money back off it,Gaz  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:33:05 pm »
Brilliant link, well found . On first impressions I agree carrying a load of empty sections around might be a prob. Looking at the brush head I was dissapointed to see theres no unger elbow...........  BUT if the brush arm is capable of swiveling were it enters that central "nodule" aka a multi joint then that would be a great. If not then that head is not capable of  adjustment while working- thats bad.

Ben Walker

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 07:54:21 pm »
if you are going to have detachable sections i think it should be developed like those tent poles. Elasticated!  ;D    no, i mean serious point.
Ben

*foxman

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 01:50:35 am »
"Outside circumference of the pole is 45mm. it as a multi-adjustable on off switch on the pole . I dont know how much Unger will charge. But will it be a nightmare on domestics were you have to continuelly adjust the pole length?"

it's not really for domestic window cleaning but more for the commerical/industrial work. You can buy 18ft - 28ft poles for £80 - £150 that will reach your average house.

Most companies buy a 60ft pole for 1 or 2 jobs and fork out £1000+ to use something a couple of times a month as it is too heavy to use on anything lower. Usually the price of the job can justify the purchase. But thats still a lot of money doing nothing most of the time.

The Unger pole can go higher than 60ft but can also be used at 50/40/30ft becoming lighter and lighter and easier to use. You can also split it and have 2 poles if your doing lower work - two for the price of one.....