dai

Watch where you empty your bucket.
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:11:42 pm »
I client of mine told me today that he read in the Daily Mail about a gass fitter. This guy had emptied a bucket of soapy water into the gutter. Mr Plod came along and did him for littering the street. The outcome was a £50 fine.
So look out guys, take a look round before tipping. God knows what they would do if you were washing the van. Dai

steve k

Re: Watch where you empty your bucket.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
the rainwater drains in the street are supposed to collect rainwater water which enters into the filtration system and eventually returns as tap water for drinking.
If you put anything else down there you are in the wrong. Waste from RO is ok as this is in our tap water in the first place isn`t it??
I think wheelie bin cleaners have to deal with this type of problem frequently.

dai

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 05:51:08 pm »
the rainwater drains in the street are supposed to collect rainwater water which enters into the filtration system and eventually returns as tap water for drinking.

I find the thought of this disgusting. All the polutants from road vehicles. Not to mention our furry friends. Dai

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 06:29:33 pm »
A little soapy water isn't going to cause a problem is it?

But it is the law nonetheless, I don't think it is really meant to apply to someone pouring a bucket of water in the gutter.
But there are regs out there that detail exactly how we are supposed to dispose of our bucket of dirty water.

I think it's utterly pathetic, have always totally ignored the daft rule and I'll slop out my bucket wherever and whenever I feel like it ;D

I'm not sure that Mr plod can do you for it though ???

Hard to gather the evidence.....it soon disappears down the drain 8)

And what about all the shopkeepers that take a bucket of Flash and wash down the floors by the entrance to their shops?
All that water ends out down the drains too.

The washing up liquid and so on is-as far as I am aware-biodegradable, I've often emptied my bucket at the end of a summers day on my garden to save watering.

And then of course there are the many thousands of people washing theirs cars on the weekend.
It's the same type of water as us window cleaners use, it all goes down the storm drains doesn't it?

But of course even though we might only use a a couple of gallons of water a day, we are adjudged to be commercial users, and the rules that apply to major companies that have to dispose of contanimated water applies to us too.

If cops can actually 'do' us for pouring a bucket of dirty water down the gutter, the cop that is moronic enough to decide its worth prosecuting one of us is a right sad *******

Ian ;)
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

bazzup

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 07:16:19 pm »
here here Ian!!

problem solved just pour it down customers drains where their washing machine flushes out

Morph

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 10:27:21 pm »
Fairy Liquid is indeed biodegradable
But, it's the time it takes to biodegrade that the greenies are concerned about.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »
Fairy Liquid is indeed biodegradable

Nope.

They add artificial musks and silicon that are definately very much not biodegradable.

They are added to soap powders also and tons of other products and are very toxic when in concentration.

They are polluting the water table.

Well I suppose they are biodegradable in terms of time. In millions of years time everything from 'now' will have biodegraded  ;D but in the short term....

Proctor and Gamble won't even publicly say what's in good old Fairy. I wonder why?

petski2

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 11:48:56 pm »
Ahh Procter & Gamble.
Worked for them for 9 years as a fork lift truck driver.
Cant say whats in the fairy liquid but I can tell you how much you can fit in the boot of a Nissan Sunny. :o

Fast 1 *

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 11:52:04 pm »
i drink fairy
wildstyles

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 11:55:43 pm »
Ok wait for it I'm forever blown bubbles?

Sussex by the sea

Ben Walker

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 12:32:08 am »
i'm the fairy godmother 8)

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 12:48:01 am »
I usually poor my water over the customers flower bed.

Maybe thats why none of my customers have flowers

Paul