Lee.

Staybrite windows and WFP
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:57:12 am »
I haven't got my wfp YET but am curious of what effect wfp has had on "Staybrite windows". The reason I ask is because I used to sell them and I know they coat their windows with Clearshield which is a treatment that is meant to stop their windows from getting dirty. You can differentiate between staybrite and other windows because staybrite do not have a rubber beed around the glass, its all plastic. Has anyone had any problems so far? I know when I clean them trad they tend to be a bit difficult to draw the blade over.
Its Ironic that clearshield is meant to keep the windows clean but Im cleaning them.  ::) . The lady says her husband is too lazy to do them, no wonder if they are meant to clean themselves! didnt tell her what I know  ;D

Lee

P @ F

Re: Staybrite windows and WFP
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:15 am »
Hi Lee , i do lots of them on my round , i think there great for wfp , the glass beads but they dry out spot free , and as theres no rubber seals they come good with the first clean .

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Lee.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:27:08 am »
x c lent!!!
Wfp sounds better by the day. Cant wait to get mine.

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:05:53 am »
I was the same as you , exciting aint it !
I had a knee op six months ago , i think partly from window cleaning , maybe falling off the ladder didnt help !
Iwas sat in the hospital waiting to go to theatre and i said to the missus when im better im getting those pole thingys ,, the rest is history .
Yesterday i made 3 times more than when i was using ladders , and any way why are you at home , get out with those poles of yours !

Rich   P @ F

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 10:10:21 am »
Just to show you what its done for me , here are before and after shots !

Rich

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:44:06 pm »
very impressive rich
good on you. my £150.00 maestro changed into a £1700.00 LDV four months after starting up my own wfp business.

macc

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 08:02:47 pm »
same here. what was a months work for me doing trad, got it finished today at 2.30 - 2 weeks and four days, i've seriously now got to pick up some more work, its only been three months now with my wfp, it's that easy i actually enjoy going to work.   ;D

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:04:53 pm »
Im the same , i want more work now , and ive got the spare time to find the jobs that i want to do and i can afford to up the prices , if i dont get it i dont care as i can get by i what i earn any way

Rich  P @ F

H h20

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 10:09:23 pm »
Rich,you`ve got a few poles,what`s your longest and where from,i got a 38 footer delivered today fro gardiner poles,it`s MASSIVE,my out house is looking like a breeding ground for poles  ;D,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »
Lee is the Clear shield a liquid coating that we could apply ?

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 09:29:48 am »
Gaz , yes mate i got a pole for every occassion !
My biggest is a 6 section 38 footer too , came in a rather wonderfull bright orange colour , 10" vikan and a mega lightweight goose neck for £300.
I think i paid over the odds , im sure i have seen them go cheaper , but i dont mind because my supplier is 5 miles away , it gives me peace of mind as if any thing goes wrong i dont have to send it anywhere , i just go down and get it done , they really are spot on guys to deal with .
VARI TECH in Plymouth , lost the number im affraid !

Rich P @ F

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 01:27:47 pm »
got me a 65' pole initially made by ionics but have converted it to fit the vikan as ionics brushes are ******* useless.
bit of a knack getting it up to the glass and makes you feel like youve been pumping iron all day!

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 01:41:31 pm »
with regards to extra work, i was approached the other day by a chap from "partners in business" and what he had to say seemed pretty god and foolproof if your pricing is competitive
heres their web address as its quite long winded to explain ,except that for £396.00 a year they will supply you with at least 20 positive leads a month that suit your requirements of new builds, new ownership refurbs etc. etc. that you can quote for in your area.
you can also put them on hold for any length of time if you start to get snowed under.
seemed quite good so i may be taking them up on their offer.
they also charge £40.00 for each additional county so it might be ideal to spread the cost with a neighbouring w/c so you both pay less...
www.partnersinbusiness-uk.com

bazzup

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 08:21:51 pm »
with regards to extra work, i was approached the other day by a chap from "partners in business" and what he had to say seemed pretty god and foolproof if your pricing is competitive
heres their web address as its quite long winded to explain ,except that for £396.00 a year they will supply you with at least 20 positive leads a month that suit your requirements of new builds, new ownership refurbs etc. etc. that you can quote for in your area.
you can also put them on hold for any length of time if you start to get snowed under.
seemed quite good so i may be taking them up on their offer.
they also charge £40.00 for each additional county so it might be ideal to spread the cost with a neighbouring w/c so you both pay less...
www.partnersinbusiness-uk.com

sounds good, but would'nt it be better to create a new forum in here where people could come in from the outside  and announce work they need doing and invite local window cleaners to submit tenders?

Lee.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 11:47:10 pm »
Jeff

Dont know much about clearshield, I just know that it cant be that good. its ment to be permanent which isn't good for us guys

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:32 am »
Lee
Reason I was asking is that if clearshield can be liquid applied and as has been said there is NO spotting then it could be a permanent answer to overcoat hphobic spotting windows ? ?
I already have had  partial succes with another product but am waiting till spring for more "experiments"