Marc's on the Glass, LLC

Going backwards? You decide
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:33:53 am »
Has anyone seen this product being used?  It takes longer to clean a window, but the effect supposedly lasts longer too.  I personally don't see how a w/c could do better or make more money with this, but maybe I'm wrong.

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=74262006

Ian_Giles

Re: Going backwards? You decide
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:41:54 am »
Mmmm, don't think that will catch on somehow, besides, anything you leave on the glass will be potentially smeary, probably more noticable on normal windows exposed to direct sunlight.

I'd hate to be the window cleaner that goes along to clean a set of windows that had previously been cleaned with this method :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 08:30:50 am »
Could you imagine the customers response.
'NO WATER'?
If theres no water then the windows wont be washed.
I could do it myself with mr sheene.
I wouldnt like to try and sell that service.

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:01:09 am »
We are trying to convince the customer that its ok to have lots of water left on their doorstep and now theres this. The problem is that if it lasts longer then the customer will not  have them cleaned every month. Although this product may be good in areas like shopping malls where its h&s problems with leaving any water on the floor. There was a car cleaning compnay on the tv the other month who say that its the business.
Does anyone know where to get this stuff from?

Steve

Lee.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 09:07:16 am »
Interesting!

Quote:
"although the cleaning takes a bit longer than the conventional method, the results are more effective and longer lasting. "

Last longer?

Quote: "We are delighted with the results here. The internal windows, especially around the escalators, get a lot of fingermarks as thousands of people come here daily so we ask Stay Clean to come every day. "

Why every day if it lasts longer?

Quote: "The effects can last between six weeks and two months and, although it takes a bit longer to do, the results are a hundred times better. We started in the Gyle three times a week but they were so pleased they have now upped it to seven."

Why ask them to come more often if the effects last longer? HMMMM

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 10:33:17 am »
Lee , i was going to post that exact same quote !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 04:22:32 pm »
there is a company that specializes in car valeting(waterless) based in milton-keynes,went up there to see them about this product about 2years ago,it is a good product,the guy put it on my car,when it rains the water just beads up and takes the grime away,good for cars,but i cant see it catching on to window cleaning other than most commercial.h&s aspect.

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 04:26:55 pm »
the car valeting company is a franchise,you have to buy the products through them,that was part of the deal.

jswadeson

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 04:35:12 pm »
I have spoken to someone who has bought the franchise, it seems very good for cars but not very practical for window cleaning except for high level cradle work or cherry picker work where you can use this product and cut down the frequency of cleans.

Joe

sair

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 05:08:55 pm »
hello joe , how are you ???
Essentially Pure Ltd

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »
Interesting!

Quote:
"although the cleaning takes a bit longer than the conventional method, the results are more effective and longer lasting. "

Last longer?

Quote: "We are delighted with the results here. The internal windows, especially around the escalators, get a lot of fingermarks as thousands of people come here daily so we ask Stay Clean to come every day. "

Why every day if it lasts longer?

Quote: "The effects can last between six weeks and two months and, although it takes a bit longer to do, the results are a hundred times better. We started in the Gyle three times a week but they were so pleased they have now upped it to seven."

Why ask them to come more often if the effects last longer? HMMMM

I couldnt understand this either!!!

Steve

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »
Cleaning windows faster is the innovation we're looking for.  This with less physical effort even better.  That is the cutting edge.  WFP!

Gonna have to start an anti-waterless_cleaning-campaign

Even in shopping malls, the trad method is still the best for me.  With weekly or bi-weekly cleans, dirt isn't always the enemy.  It's lip, nose, and finger prints.  I don't see how that stuff will help