Morph

What to do? Old resin
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:59:03 pm »
My resin needs changing.

What do you do with the old stuff?
Where do you dump it?  Is it bio-degradeable?  Do you chuck it in the dustbin?
Any help appreciated as always.

Pj

marc al

Re: What to do? Old resin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:10:29 pm »
  I've never given it any thought and just put mine in the bin, but would be interested to know whether this is correct or not.

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:30:34 pm »
allways put mine in bin same as marc never gave it any thought
today i be mostly wfp

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:04 pm »
 I reuse mine , im green dudes , i get the life again , so i use half as much as i used to .

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »
sell it on ebay ;)

either be honest and say its resin  :)

OR

say its MOON DUST  ;)

some idiot will buy it  ::) ::)

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 09:24:03 pm »
I've also wondered about this as the resin is toxic.

Mind you so is tons of other stuff we dump in with the rubbish.

Hi Matt

Moon dust? How about sacred beads washed thousands of times in water?

I never thanked you for your help getting us going down the diy wfp route.

Thanks. It was well appreciated.

Cheers

Lee.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:25:56 am »
Rich
How do you reuse, I've heard about regeneration but how  ???

Lee

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:29:17 am »
Long story , erm , to start with when the tds was on the rise in the di on the van i took it out and put it in a little bin with an inlet and outlet on it , put my garden hose to it and let it trickle through slowly , about 20 L an hour , the tds was back to 000 due to the slow flow rate , i know that 20 L an hour is naff but if its on all day and night your looking at 300 L a day .

I have now started putting new resin straight into the bin and running it all the time , i put 4.5 KG of resin in at a time {one quater of a 25 L bag} , this last for about 3000 to 4000 L at a time , with my tap TDS of 100 , if i was to use the same ammount of resin in the van DI i would only get 1500 L tops , so as you can see , i am doubling the life of my resin .
And as all the water that now goes into the van is at 000TDS , the di on the van will last for ages , i used to have to change every week , but now it hasnt been changed for i reckon about 3 months and its still going .

Rich   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

matt

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 08:59:24 pm »
Long story , erm , to start with when the tds was on the rise in the di on the van i took it out and put it in a little bin with an inlet and outlet on it , put my garden hose to it and let it trickle through slowly , about 20 L an hour , the tds was back to 000 due to the slow flow rate , i know that 20 L an hour is naff but if its on all day and night your looking at 300 L a day .

I have now started putting new resin straight into the bin and running it all the time , i put 4.5 KG of resin in at a time {one quater of a 25 L bag} , this last for about 3000 to 4000 L at a time , with my tap TDS of 100 , if i was to use the same ammount of resin in the van DI i would only get 1500 L tops , so as you can see , i am doubling the life of my resin .
And as all the water that now goes into the van is at 000TDS , the di on the van will last for ages , i used to have to change every week , but now it hasnt been changed for i reckon about 3 months and its still going .

Rich   

Rich  thats very interesting

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 09:00:20 pm »
I've also wondered about this as the resin is toxic.

Mind you so is tons of other stuff we dump in with the rubbish.

Hi Matt

Moon dust? How about sacred beads washed thousands of times in water?

I never thanked you for your help getting us going down the diy wfp route.

Thanks. It was well appreciated.

Cheers

your welcome, you disapeared for the forums for a while, thought you had given up on the idea

glad your sorted :)

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 09:26:16 pm »
Hi Matt again

We go between not so busy and up to our eyeballs in it.

Also, from time to time I completey re organise the business as we expand. It now coming up to that time again as we've now just got a really prestigious contract worth £2000 a month so ......... yet again, another good few weeks re organising.

Add to that the fact the amount of water we carry is woefully inadequate but 6 months back, it wasn't.... more problems.  :-\  Now we will need tons of the stuff. I'm thinking to set an RO unit on site.

Back to the resin.....

I also phoned up the waste dept of the council today about used resin and they didn't have a clue. They gave me the number of the Environment Agency so I'll phone them tomorrow as I'm curious.

Cheers

s.hughes

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »
Ross if you contact them people we are all in for it . I asked a h&s officer  a couple of years ago if it was alright to climb my ladder to the 4th window, she was from Brussells. Now look at us!!!!

Steve

gaza

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 11:14:41 pm »
old resin should never be left on the floor when changing the resin in your vessels un less you want to end up on your but.
 suppose someone else has tried it ,its like a skating rink

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 11:31:53 pm »
Ross if you contact them people we are all in for it . I asked a h&s officer  a couple of years ago if it was alright to climb my ladder to the 4th window, she was from Brussells. Now look at us!!!!

I hadn't thought of that.  :-\

old resin should never be left on the floor when changing the resin in your vessels un less you want to end up on your but.
suppose someone else has tried it ,its like a skating rink

Gaz

I don't know what to write. If I ever need to keep my feet on the floor I know where to go. You are ace.

Cheers

Ben Walker

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 11:52:42 pm »
Ross does your photo tell us anything about you're personality?
I've got down, camp hoola hoola ninny easily spotted on a bike.

Am i close?

s.hughes

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 08:45:29 am »
Just cant see enough of that photo, I think Ross should enlarge it for us.

Steve

Ben Walker

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 04:13:03 pm »
here here!

Ben Walker

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 11:15:19 pm »
Ross does your photo tell us anything about you're personality?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Bit of a joker.
I thought -not as much as yours- would be the reply?
Anyway i like your house. Is that in London?