steve k

Diary- day 5...4 hour day!!
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:40:30 pm »
got to first house at:

customer has alarmed windows so I have to book in with her...she is great though.
Quick check of water before starting...001 ;D

then onto house

There seems loads of windows but I don`t do any on roof or over the flat roof to the right of picture...it`s actually very straightforward for me.

Finish pretty quickly and nip next door to a bungalow where I stand in the foulest smelling dog dirt...I put her up a £1.00...she was fine :D

round corner into a great road where, unfortunately I have just the one customer.

round the back

Finish these 3 houses at 11am...good going.

Half a mile to a lovely house.

round the back

done and dusted, up same road to a bungalow...they are out so it is front only.

5 minutes and into an adjacent road where the customer did not want ladders on her new pebbledashing!! WFP then...front only

I`ll finish off the last hour or so of my round today, a bit later on as I have to go now...son`s football training!! ;D

BACK NOW... ;)

off to do 2 ex. army houses. The first is £10.00

The second pays an extra £5.00 to have the sills cleaned...this is an extra brush with the WFP...she loves it!!

same house at back

nipped about a mile and did this catch up house from last week...he changed from every month to every other month so I have to fit him in as best as I can.

then a quick 5 minute bungalow on the same estate

onto last one of the day...a B+B about a mile away. I had ran out of water by now so this was done trad.

the view of the back

I finished at 1.50pm and was home for 2.10pm to be met with the delivery of my 2 water butts which I am setting up in conjunction with my van RO system. I am taking this out of my van and locating in my shed so I can make and transfer water as and when needed ;D

A good day tomorrow for trolley enthusiasts...trust me, I could knock an hour off the day with a trolley ;)

steve k

Re: Diary- day 5...4 hour day!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:12:08 pm »
back now...diary updated ;D

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:36:10 pm »
Steve, you said you ran out of water  ??? ??? how much does your van hold ??

steve k

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »
about 400 litres but I went out with half a tank today...I used half a tank yesterday and thought I could make do for todays run of houses...my prediction on water usage was only 1 house out  ;)

Van is filling up in the alleyway as I type...I need the water tomorrow ;D

stuart howes

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 08:15:08 pm »
HI   NOW MUCH WERE THE BUTTS AND ARE THEY 375LTRS?
ALSO IS IT OK TO DO WFP ONE MONTH THENTRAD THE NEXT  DONT YOU GET ALL THE SOAP IN THE FRAMES AGAIN? ???

windolene

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 08:30:10 pm »
Hi, Steve,

The posts are great. Was showing my wife again tonight, last night she said "hey we used to have the same sofa as him". I am traditional & was explaining to her how much safer & easier it is with a pole system.

Kevin Windolene.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 09:06:44 pm »
Kevin , what was her reaction to the hint about wfp ?
If your set on getting it , but are having trouble on selling it to the wife , show her this reply ...... Dear Mrs Kevin , I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF MONEY TO LAY OUT , BUT TAKE IT FROM ME IT IS THE BEST INVESTMENT I HAVE EVER MADE , MY DAILY WAGE HAS GONE UP BY A THIRD  IF NOT IT HAS DOUBLED ON CERTAIN DAYS .

Go on LET IM AV IT , YOU WONT REGRET IT

Rich   P @ F   ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

steve k

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 09:13:07 pm »
Stuart, makes no difference whatsoever...what people are talking about on the first couple of cleans are years of trad soap/dirt build up in seals on glass.
The odd one clean with soap makes no difference at all...it really is not rocket science...do not get hung up with complications...put the water on the glass, agitate with brush lightly and then rinse...job done ;D

Morph

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 10:58:32 pm »
I'm not bored with your diary yet Steve.  In fact a lot can be learned from pictures.  Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Pj

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 11:15:15 pm »
Steve

how do you upload pics from your phone to the web

Ive got pics of problem cleans i think others could help me with

Chris

JohnL

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 11:21:07 pm »
great diary  :)

although this must be a lot of work preparing the pics etc its well worth reading and are the pics taken with a mobile phone or a camera?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

steve k

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 01:37:19 am »
I use a digital camera and it takes 5 minutes to upload onto photobucket and then type into the forum...its my intention to do the full round...well, maybe a couple of more days...see this week out...lots of people are reading the post so it is hopefully inspiring and informative...any questions, please ask. ;)

Fast 1 *

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 01:48:41 am »
fair play to ya!i must admit,that wfp looks well handy.definitely got to get into it soon..
wildstyles

colinyates

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 02:19:41 pm »
Hi Steve

sorry to be forward, but how much did you earn yesterday?

poop question as I could be from the inland

steve k

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 02:50:36 pm »
yes you could be...but I would only be suspicious if I had something to hide...
I DON`T

still not telling you though... ;)

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 04:46:21 pm »
Great idea Steve. Upload pictures of all your work with prices, i'm sure no-one will try to under-cut you.

Be careful pal.

The Bear

steve k

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 08:35:19 pm »
I wasn`t aware I had put prices the houses ??? just 2 ;D...I think I could manage with the loss ;)
There is always the odd one but I can assure you that not one of the customers shown would drop me for a couple of quid.

EVERY customer I have, I have charged on average twice what their previous cleaner charged.

Also, in Liverpool, generally among window cleaners, it is good natured with no undercutting at all taking place anywhere.
I can also say that there are not many about who are looking for work...when I started, every customer who rang me told me they could not find a window cleaner for love or money...they were all fully booked up and couldn`t take on any more customers.

Also, if someone wants to really bother driving around South Liverpool searching for the individual properties shown in the photographs, then knock on the customers doors and say" I know Steve is charging you £10, I`ll do it for £5" I can guarantee they will get nothing from my customers. Then I would obtain their details from my customers and publicly humiliate them on here, there and everywhere.

steve k

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 10:21:22 pm »