P @ F

Somebody explain it
« on: January 16, 2006, 11:21:23 pm »
How some days you can be out for 7 hours and others you can be out for 3 and earn twice as much ?
Bearing in mind all the work is the same type of house .
Got a little addicted to the kitten cannon in the chat section this morning and did not get on the road till 12.30 , but no difference in daily take {STRANGE}

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

rosskesava

Re: Somebody explain it
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 11:49:56 pm »
It is odd isn't it.

We'd had that often. The days begins terible but then ends ace plus.

Today, I knew the rain was coming so last night I'd sorted a pile of work that was not weather dependant.

Today's takings, £85 for 3 of us. What a diaster. Should have been £193.

Last Wednesday I made a big mess up with appointments, had to cancel 4 double booked jobs and after a fruitless morning earning £50, we only had 2 jobs for the afternoon at £25 each.

Bearing in mind there's 3 of us, £100 for the day is not good. Then one of the afternoon customers asked for a quote to clean his gutters and jet spray the facia's and I said £110 including the windows. He asked if it could be done then so........ Then the neighbour asked for the same. Then when we done the other £25 job up the road the next door neighbour asked for her windows to be done and we charged £35 for a first clean.

£330 for the day - not bad eh?

Strange how it goes isn't it?

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:16:04 am »
It is wierd that , im going though a patch of bad motivation at the mo , i am asking myself if this is right for me , in the past 6 months i have ploughed 8K
 into the business , it would be a real shame to throw it all away , and being as i have put that ammount of money in i must be making it musnt i .
Maybe its cos i spend too much time on here !

Rich  P @ F  ::)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:10:58 pm »
Hi Rich,

Like I said in another post,  it's down to attitude to work. I don't care how much you've ploughed into the busines, YOU have got to GET OUT there and clean windows.

I had to learn this lesson.  20 years ago I worked on a Pig Farm. I was not married and living with my parents, My Dad worked on the Pig Farm too.  He was a Yorkshire Working Class Labour man. "The more you do, the more they'll expect of you son"
So I learned to do as little as possible in the time at work.

Being a Self Employed Window Cleaner is the opposite. The more you do the more YOU earn. It took me 19 years and a lovely blown up Mortgage!! to realise this!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:58 pm »
Point taken David .

Rich  P @ F

stevef

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 09:11:39 pm »
I too am going through a hard to get going patch, I just have
to slap my face, kick myself up the a*** and get out there!
once I get going I am fine, it must be the time of year I keep thinking the warm days are just round the corner and all will be well,
Even though it's hard somtimes I will never be employed by anyone again!

jeff evans

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
I LOVE THIS JOB AND DONT HAVE MANY DOWN DAYS AT ALL

MY LAST JOB 15 YEARS AGO WAS AS A PRODUCTION MANAGER, I WAS SICK OF MEETING MYSELF COMING BACK
ALWAYS DANCING TO SOMEONE ELSES TUNE. IF I HAVE A BAD DAY NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS THINK BACK TO THOSE TIMES AND EVERYTHING IS HUNKY DORY AGAIN

JEFF

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:17:07 pm »
i normally always aim for £100 a day,normally takes me about 4hours to earn this,could earn more and work more hours, but i enjoy all the spare time to spend at home with my family,after working 20years in my last job doing all the hours under the sun im loving my new lifestyle