stuart howes

Come on you wfp lot help me
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:09:15 pm »
 hi  can any of you wfp doods help me?
i am about to get my first wfp system from andrew mcCann
i have just ordered 3   375ltr water butts that are in my side alley that are linked together my q to you is
if my tap and ro di are next to each other, is about 5 mtr too far away from my tanks too  fill them as in pressure  flow rate   i think that makes sence?
next q is do you think i will have to put some  insulation around my tanks to stop them freezeing ;)
plus come on reasure me have i done the right thing about going wfp  as i keep hearing that it takes 2 or 3 cleans before it comes clean  is this true ?  come on you lot help me  please  stu 8) ;D ;D ;D ;)

AuRavelling79

Re: Come on you wfp lot help me
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:24:18 pm »
Most folk have a back passage in their butt - you've got a butt in your back passage!

(Seriously - they won't freeze but your pipes might - where in the UK are you? The further South and West the less likely they are to freeze.)
It's a game of three halves!

stuart howes

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:27:40 pm »
 :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D good one .me and the wife are still laughing ;)

jeff evans

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 06:29:02 pm »
DO YOU HAVE A PUMP BEFORE THE MEMBRANE IF NOT THAT WILL WILL GIVE YOU THE PRESSURE YOU NEED.

JEFF

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:36:57 pm »
Eh WOT!!!!

Your getting a WFP from
<<<<<< THAT guy.  :o

Breath Stu... Breath mate.. Innnn.. outtttt.  There ya go..  feel better now?   ;D  ;)

It will be fine.. lag the pipes like Malc says.

And.. even I told you that you can expect to get a bit of spotting the first time around. WFP isnt a magic wand. Its just like any other tool. Use it badly and get bad results. Use it well and get good results.

Ya know I am always available to hold yer hand though mate so ya wont go wrong.

Now.. once again Stu.........  Breath in..... breath out :)

Speak soon Stu... no doubt  :)

Andrew

stuart howes

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 06:43:23 pm »
nice one andrew
i will ring you again mon to put my order in  so be nice plus i have 864 more q to ask you so nerrrrrrrrr ;D ;D ;)

stuart howes

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 06:47:57 pm »
just think we can chat all the time on hear    no peace ;D  just kidding

macc

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:02:20 pm »
stuart. i switched 2 months ago. as long as you warned them it can take 3 cleans with the lrtter you can down load you will be ok. the 1st time round you will get funny looks and moans about spots etc, i did. 2nd time round a big improvment and smiles. keep ur chin up mate i was there only weeks ago.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 07:07:51 pm »
Okie dokie Stu

Only 864?  cmon mate you can do better than that  ;D

Do me a favour Stu...  this will be a laff.  Ask for Andrew Thompson.  ( My brother in law)  I sit opposite him in the office. Tell him you have been told that he can answer any Q's you have. Fire a few at him. He will try to get you to speak to me. Tell him... " No.. someone told me you are the expert"  .. I just want to see his face go all red and blue..  He will be lookin at me pleadin for help  LOL.   He's a great guy actually so wen u tell him I set him up he won't beat me up...  Too much.  :)

Over and out.

Andrew

steve k

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 07:39:59 pm »
Andrew,
check your emails mate please :)

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 08:06:58 pm »
Checked and replied Steve  :)

Andrew

simbo

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 09:20:12 pm »
i don't get it spots first time? surely you should take longer to do proper job then no complaints first time round at all, in my view i will have to sell this to customers first time or could spell trouble,cheers simb0

gaza

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 09:55:21 pm »
DID 30 HOUSES:Not one complaint,gained 1 new customer,mind you these houses had been traditional cleaned by BRETT so what do you expect ,they were just glad to have a w/c who turns up when he says he will ;D

soz BRETT[AVING A LAUF]

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

neil100

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 09:55:53 pm »
I am about to start 3rd  week of wfp.

I have educated my customers not to expect the windows to be as good as Tradtional w/c untill about the 4th clean.

I have spent lots of extra time at every house working hard on the frames and doing them thourghly, useing lots of water and rinseing plenty.

I explained to the customers that they would not be perfect straight away for 3 reasons.                 1. I have done traditional w/c for 26yrs,it took me a long time to perfect my w/cleaning teqniqiue in allsorts of weather conditions to garantee a first class job. It will take me some time to perfect wfp, Honest but true, but The desire to still do a first class job ranks above my safety, and how much money I will earn.

2. The frames of the vast majorty of my customers are so bad that  the wfp Brush will be picking up a lot of muck all the time that will hinder the cleaning process.But only on the first cleans. Some spotting but shiny Frames.

3. Detergent. I have used it  for such a long time that it is on the glass and embedded under the rubber seals and you have to give it a least 3 cleans to be rid of it. The pure water draws it out of the seals on the first few cleans which causes spotting.

I have cleaned my own windows 3 times over the last 3 weeks and my own windows back up what I have told my customers. First clean, my wife slated me for doing a rubbish job,and warned me I would lose customers if I left their windows in that condition. 2nd time better but still not what I would be happy getting paid for. 3rd time, today superb my wife said she would of been happy to pay for them.

I have coverd my back and allowed some time to adapt to wfp with my customers backing. But if you are going to tell customers they will be perfect from the word GO you may be shooting yourself in the foot.

I went back the following day this week to a house I did with leaded windows. They were perfect, but I leather and scrim those so no detergent.

Nel.

gaza

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 10:03:14 pm »
WELL DID SHE PAY YOU FOR CLEANING THEM?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

neil100

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 10:09:46 pm »
Not with money. 

Just sprayed some Lynx effect on.

See if that brings out the animal in her.

Heres hoping.

Nel

brett walker

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
DID 30 HOUSES:Not one complaint,gained 1 new customer,mind you these houses had been traditional cleaned by BRETT so what do you expect ,they were just glad to have a w/c who turns up when he says he will ;D

soz BRETT[AVING A LAUF]

GAZA

Gaza

would that be the compact,  good work i did for 3 yrs trad when they phoned me up asking me what the spots are i told them " after the 3rd clean they'll be ok "  They said " this Gaza chap is on his fourth clean " i said  " i'll have a word with him " ;D

If you have them big bay window houses off that Paul for 5.50 per house it'll be suicide not a very good business move ::)

The pupil becomes the master  ;)

kindest regards

Brett

Philip Hanson

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:41:45 pm »
Code: [Select]
if my tap and ro di are next to each other, is about 5 mtr too far away from my tanks too  fill them as in pressure  flow rate   i think that makes sense?
If you mean that the water has to travel from your RO system, through a 5m length of hose before it reaches your tank, then this will be no problem at all.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton