gaza

Re: Rude And Aggressive
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 05:22:34 pm »
A DOT OF STRIPPER ON A LITTLE BRUSH ON EVERY PANEL AND THEY HAVE KNOW WERE TO BLOW OF TO WHEN THEY RESPRAY IT.
 HOW DO I KNOW. THATS FOR ME TO KNOW,AND YOU TO WONDER HOW I KNOW.
AND SQUEKY MY CAPS LOCK HASNT STUCK,PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAKES ME ANGRY :-X
ENOUFGH SAID.
 GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Morph

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 05:48:33 pm »
You said your brother in law has been doing this street for years.  So people know him well enough down there.  He should print a business letter and post it through their door that reads something like:

Dear Sir,

your wife called me to clean your windows, which I did.  There seems to be a serious misunderstanding, as I have received a phonecall threatening violence if I call to collect payment.
I can assure you I do not operate my business in any kind of underhand way, so I can only assume their must have been a lack of communication somewhere.
I have been, and continue cleaning windows for many of your neighbours for some years on a regular basis.
Perhaps I have cleaned windows I was not instructed to do.  We all make mistakes from time to time.
Whatever the situation, I have a good reputation to protect, and apologise for any misunderstanding on my part.  If anything needs further clarification by all means call me.

Yours Sincerely

Leave the ball in his court.   Forget it.

Pj

mark dew

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 06:03:50 pm »
Revenge is a dish best served cold...
It shouldn't be taken lightly though because our job is based on a huge amount of trust and aggresiveness or vengeance will scare off most people. Customers too.
Certainly don't seek revenge while working.
Anyway, while uncalled for the bloke might be under pressure and after a few days if not already he might be regretting his actions. Let it ride for a while. You might get a tip?? ;D
I would consider collecting the next time your in the area though. Even if you do it during the day when hopefully(?) he is still at work. I would feel truly shafted both ways getting threatened and unpaid but this is a people business and while stiffing someone is easy enough you don't build trust in others, only fear.
Anyway, what goes around comes around. He will reap what he's sown somewhere along the line.
Good luck with whatever you do.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 06:16:46 pm »
If you retaliate - will the guy take it out on his wife?
It's a game of three halves!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »
Come on guys - all this is a bit extreme for what a max of £15.

If your brother has houses around this one and you retaliate in any way what sort of signal will that send out to them and in turn how many could be lost.

Shouting, GBH, paint strippers definately wont do his image any good.

It takes a bigger man to walk away from a situation like this.  Put it down to experience before you get blood pressure through the stress of the situation. Gosh there are far more important things to worry about than one, very rude man who does not warrant a second thought.

But revenge is simple, if she rings up again, explain the situation and abuse and tell her politely that you are unwlling to do her windows because the property has an outstanding bill of £ XXX.  Bet you she pays it and apologises  ;)

Good luck with it - whatever option you choose  :-*

Sarah
Sarah

simbo

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 09:31:32 pm »
I have one way only of dealing with anything of this sort, although not really had to much now iv'e "grown up" but find "his" car and stick dog s**t under the door handles then from a safe distance keep a look out.
i am sure you will be happy for days and not once think of the lost dosh
cheers simb0

Pole2pole

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 10:35:47 pm »
I've done first cleans for people who have told me they've no cash and that can they forward a cheque in the post. Surprise, surprise.........the cheques don't come. Lesson to be learned???? Never do first cleans without payment first. I gave them the benefit and they shafted me. Since i took this stance, i aint been shafted once.......cos i won't let 'em  ;) As Chinese proverb goes...a wise man learn by his mistakes......a wiser man learn by others mistakes..  ;D

poleman

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 11:17:57 pm »
WHY waste to much time and energy on what is a 5-00 pound house, move on think of the bigger picture of earn a good live, he's only wining if you give any more time, just move on. 

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 08:39:48 am »
its one of the main reasons we never did houses ::)we only did the contracts,for this kind of money,just put it down to life and they are bums ;D he would have never I dont think say this to your face,being over the phone many talk big,it again
depends on who or what kind of a person you are,I must say somthing I am not proud of,if it were me I would go round there,I was brought up in the east end of London,now life is most quiet ;)all we do is just want to get paid for the work we do,and some people just try to take advantage of this :-\ my moto is unless some one trys to man handle you,in which in my case it would mean I would not be very nice it comes as second nature,its not all worth it ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Roy Harding

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 12:06:37 pm »
Stu

I have collected outstanding monnies for quite a few people.

I love the challange  ;D ;D

Email me your address and telephone number, and there details and amount owing.

Roy

DASERVICES

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 03:52:17 pm »

I wonder if the bloke has had a problem with a past window cleaner hence
   him being so arrogant. Probally doesn't trust his wife  ;)

Morph

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 04:43:37 pm »
I remember about 3 years ago a woman came out on a street where I do quite a few, asked me to clean her windows.  Got there next day, just started, husband came out asked me what the ** I thought I was doing, I explained, he told me clear off in no uncertain terms.  I apologised for the mis-understanding and dutifully cleared off.
Next month I was working next door, the husband came out again, asked me to do his windows, apologised for his previous behaviour and said they were going through divorce.  Cut the story short, they divorced, both moved, I do both their new houses and the one they left!! 8)

Pj

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 05:56:36 pm »
I had one of these years ago.

Used to do an army married quarters.  They had got contracters in doing the lot up and they had to "march out" of thier old quarters into nice refurbished ones. Army rules are they have to leave quartes spotless.

So thi woman asked me to go and clean up thier old house.  Her hubby was in, she wasn't.  He was a scotch seargent.  He came out ranting and ravin at me so I stopped and P****d off, as he requested!!

Later the woman asked me why I hadn.t done the house, I explained........
Well, she went in and tore him a good old strip of.......... certainly new who wore the sripes in that house!!!

He appologised and payed me double and made me a cuppa!!
Not Perfect - But Honest

Morph

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 09:06:03 pm »
Dear Sir

I now know where you live.  I am coming to murder you, your wife, your children, your parents, and I'm gonna burn your house down.

Yours sincerely

Psycopathic Window Cleaner.

I mean make the punishment fit the crime.

So far most posts unfortunately confirm the opinion many people have, that Window Cleaners are stereotyped Meat heads!

Pj  A gentleman and ethical non violent businessman.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:42:35 pm »
Dear Sir

I now know where you live.  I am coming to murder you, your wife, your children, your parents, and I'm gonna burn your house down.

Yours sincerely

Psycopathic Window Cleaner.

I mean make the punishment fit the crime.

So far most posts unfortunately confirm the opinion many people have, that Window Cleaners are stereotyped Meat heads!

Pj  A gentleman and ethical non violent businessman.

Well said Pj  ;) Whole heartidly agree

Sarah
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2006, 10:15:36 pm »
Sorry but I've read all the replies.

It's not worth even a thought.

We've had similar on 3 occasions. The other 2 were full of either going round there to 'sort it' or plans of revenge.

Personally, I could not care less. The person don't want to pay so forget them. It will happen from time to time.

Cheers

PS Get a whole pile of Sunday papers and fill out every ad requesting info about about pensions, loans, double glazing and mortgages with that person's address and phone number, and just let nature take it's course. If the little form you fill out asks for 'profession', just write 'window cleaner'. The person soon gets the message.

mark dew

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2006, 10:23:00 pm »
.....and if you need to find out the names of the people who live there and what the full address and postcode is go to www.192.com and sign up for free credits the you can explore and find to your hearts content.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2006, 10:24:22 pm »
Ross you started the post in one mind

Then by the end you had joined the mindless thugs but in a wierd obsessive way

;D

Come on Ross which way is it ?  Forget it   or revenge   ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2006, 10:25:55 pm »
Just remind me not to cross anyone on this site .
I am scared already of what you can all do collectively.

Morph

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 10:55:15 pm »
The pen is mightier than the sword

Pj