preston powerblast

My wfp on a budget
« on: January 13, 2006, 05:32:48 pm »
Well this is the small trolley system that stands me under £150.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
The trolley I begged off the next door neighbour.
Container free from sons works.
Pump off ebay from Gaz H2o £32.50.
Small pole and brush set up £75.
Battery £28 off ebay.
And there we have it, not the best looking set up in the world but it certainly does the job.

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: My wfp on a budget
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 05:43:54 pm »
good on yer, just shows what you can do on a limited budget.
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:50:48 pm »
But its getting better every week, everytime I earn a bit I spend a bit more.
Ive got a 500 litre tank in the van for refills, but over the next few weeks I am going to invest in a pump system for the van so I can use one of the poles straight from the van.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:10:53 pm »
But its getting better every week, everytime I earn a bit I spend a bit more.
Ive got a 500 litre tank in the van for refills, but over the next few weeks I am going to invest in a pump system for the van so I can use one of the poles straight from the van.

Preston,

Your system probably does exactly the same job as some that cost ten times as much.

What's the psi of your pump and how do you control the flow?

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »
The pump is 40 psi and is switched I also have a sort of ball valve switch which I can turn up and down.
Its a very simple set up, but it is certainly doing the job ok. But once the ball valve is turned to closed the pump switches off automatically.

H h20

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 08:07:55 pm »
Nice one Gaz  ;),it`s funny seeing my old pump,
im well pleased for you that you`ve got your set up working fine
like you said as you earn a bit more you can add on or upgrade thats exactly what i do and my system is so addaptable i can have my trolley with a 20/30 and a 60 litre tank and my van has 2 tanks so i can have 1 or 2 and take with me what i need rather than it being kept in there all the time,my minds constantly thinking about quickness and ease of use and i recon im reducing time on jobs and setting up day by day,Gaz  :D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 08:14:29 pm »
For the van mount you can just connect the pump to the interior rear light, cause its only 4 amp you wont even need a lesiure battery you. You might find the handles a bit low for everyday use, if you upgrade go for bigger wheels or pnematic ones- they go over gravel and up and down pavements better. I use bungee elastic a lot. And velcro ties are good as well.

preston powerblast

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 08:32:50 pm »
Its all trial and error, and to be honest i am quite enjoying myself playing.
 its just a scaled down version to my power washing set up.
I have got a 550 litre tank in the back garden so I have always got water.
I have thought about getting a bigger pump on the trolley then I can just connect it up to the tank in the van if I want to use it that way.
This is only the prototype.
I might even fire up the mig welder next :D

matt

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 08:45:32 pm »
does the job, so jobs a good un

the sack truck bit is from Argos, about 10 quid if my memory serves me right, i have 1 for carrying barrels around a comercail building i do, though i dont use it anymore, as i just use 1 of the low loader trolleys they have

preston powerblast

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 08:51:12 pm »
Its right, I scrounged it from the next doo neighbour ;D

H h20

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:07:13 pm »
Here`s mine,the trolley is height adjustable so it can be put in the van with ease and then adjusted to working height when in use, it can have different size containers on and it can be laid down for the 60 litre tank,the only thing im changing on it is the battery box is being made at my mates fabrication place,the pump and battery also work the tank in the van along with 60m of 6mm hose,Gaz ;D  ;)

preston powerblast

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 09:17:43 pm »
What a good system that is.
Maybe in a couple of months I might go along those lines myself.
Cheers for that Gaz.

preston powerblast

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 10:52:24 am »
Cheers for that Gaz, will get on to it next week.

simbo

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 11:56:56 am »
looks good gaz,
i bought exact same one off ebay thurs after deciding against backpack thought i would mount pump the same and then use the rear frame to box in battery or power pack, also have a mesh frame fitted aroud the front to keep tanks secure, would look quite pro i think and as i am quite short the handle going down done it for me.if you don't mind i have questions
1 best size price supplier for pumps (northern tool look to be good also williamsons)
2 pole going for 24 foot to start cos we have lots of new 3 storey work here
3 is your trigger the only flow control device you need as have found one
4 best price etc for battery or would power pack be better
cheers mate simb0

H h20

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 01:26:20 pm »
Simbo,definatley www.williamsonpumps.com for your pump,go for the 100 psi
for your pole www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk
your battery go to a golf shop or on ebay i use a 28 amp hr,very neat and compact
 and you will need a charger for that kind of battery,it does work out dearer than a 12v powerpack but much better if you want it to look better
and the trigger i highly reccomend as you can turn your water on and off as you work,anymore info just ask,Gaz  ;)

steve k

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 01:29:49 pm »
Gaz,
what water making set up do you have going on there?
where is water stored and could you explain how you have constructed the different trolley system stages explaining how the water if moved from the barrel to the brush head?
I see a number of connectors and pipes around your set up and it would be good to know how you have gone about setting this up...that is if you have time of course ;D

Thanks

H h20

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 01:34:28 pm »
Bare with me it may take some time  :D,Gaz

H h20

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 01:53:22 pm »
Right Steve here we go
My RO is a Merlin,it is connected from mains water my tap tds is 315 and the Merlin brings it down to 28 then it goes into the black tank (on pic) and then when i need water ready for my containers and van tank i pump it through my 29 litre resin cylinder using a 240v Flojet 60 psi pump and comes out 00
My water containers are just placed on the trolley and i use a length of plastic pipe pushed right down to the bottom and then use a length of hose from pipe to pump connected with hozelock connector,then if i need to put my 60 litre tank on i adjust the hight of the trolley and lay it down and put tank on and a similar method is used for pump connection like on the smaller container
i don`t know if you haven`t noticed where my pump is with you asking how water is pumped from tank to pole and brush if you look at the pics its between the handles on the trolley,
i hope you understand all of this and it`s been of any use,cheers,Gaz ;)

steve k

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 03:09:23 pm »
great and thanks.
I really like the idea of moving my water making into my shed and whenever needed, just dropping a submersible pump into butts and filling van up in minutes.
I am also almost certain about to begin a trolley project ;D

H h20

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 03:14:30 pm »
great and thanks.
I really like the idea of moving my water making into my shed and whenever needed, just dropping a submersible pump into butts and filling van up in minutes.
I am also almost certain about to begin a trolley project ;D
Steve if you do use a shed for your water filtering don`t forget to insulate it for winter, my set up is in my outhouse/laundry room so im ok and good luck with your trolley project,Gaz

busydaffodil

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »
Gaz - you have a laundry room?   WOW    ;)

Do you know how to use it??? ;)

H h20

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 03:21:47 pm »
Gaz - you have a laundry room?   WOW    ;)

Do you know how to use it??? ;)
All i know is when the dryer is on it`s warm in there  ;D,Gaz

busydaffodil

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 03:23:49 pm »
A dryer too!  Well, no wonder people say theres no such thing as a poor window cleaner when they have toys like Dryers!

james44

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 03:33:26 pm »
Gaz, what size are those containers, 20/25 ltr , i am buying one of those trolleys myself and modify it a bit and have will have  2 of those containers side by side to make a 25 or 50ltr trolley, where did you get them from if you don`t mind,

ps. you are right about the trigger would not be without one ;D

jeff evans

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 03:34:35 pm »
gaz

IF YOU GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK FOR SMART HANDLING LTD YOU WILL FIND THE SAME TRUCK ONLY IN BLUE FOR £25.00 PLUS V.A.T PLUS £10.00 DELIVERY IN TOTAL IT COMES TO  £41.13. JUST BOUGHT ONE MYSELF.

CHEERS JEFF

H h20

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 03:37:36 pm »
Gaz, what size are those containers, 20/25 ltr , i am buying one of those trolleys myself and modify it a bit and have will have  2 of those containers side by side to make a 25 or 50ltr trolley, where did you get them from if you don`t mind,

ps. you are right about the trigger would not be without one ;D
i`ve got 20/25 and 30 litre containers the 25 are the round/square type and you can`t fit 2 on,but it is ok to put 2 of the 20litre ones on they are the jarrycan type im getting rid of 7 if you need them let me know,Gaz
ps yes triggers rule  ;D

steve k

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 03:38:55 pm »
I think the 30 on the container means 30 litres ;D

That is 66Lbs...quite a weight that.

2 of them... :P

H h20

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 03:39:27 pm »
gaz

IF YOU GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK FOR SMART HANDLING LTD YOU WILL FIND THE SAME TRUCK ONLY IN BLUE FOR £25.00 PLUS V.A.T PLUS £10.00 DELIVERY IN TOTAL IT COMES TO  £41.13. JUST BOUGHT ONE MYSELF.

CHEERS JEFF
Jeff iv`e just found a place that does them for £29.99 all in,thats including vat and delivery,Gaz ;D

H h20

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 03:40:41 pm »
I think the 30 on the container means 30 litres ;D

That is 66Lbs...quite a weight that.

2 of them... :P
Im a strong Lad,Gaz  ;)

steve k

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 03:42:42 pm »
where have you got trolley for £30? ???

jeff evans

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 03:43:44 pm »
NICE ONE GAZ MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED A LITTLE HARDER MYSELF,COULD HAVE SAVED MYSELF A BOB OR TWO

CHEERS JEFF

james44

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 03:53:04 pm »
Gaz the ones you have on the trolley in you`r picture what size is that, i will modify the trolley to take 2 side by side

steve k

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 03:58:41 pm »
Thanks mate,
Just ordered one...what a bargain??

stage 1 of my plan has begun ;D

H h20

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 04:03:44 pm »
Thanks mate,
Just ordered one...what a bargain??

stage 1 of my plan has begun ;D
No probs mate,thats what we are here for,all the best with it,Gaz  ;)

H h20

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 04:07:07 pm »
Gaz the ones you have on the trolley in you`r picture what size is that, i will modify the trolley to take 2 side by side
The one on my trolley is a 30 litre,if you put 2 on you will need to be a bit strong,if in doubt go for 2  20 litres,Gaz

H h20

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2006, 04:11:49 pm »
Sorry i deleted the link for the  £29.99 trolley,it was messing up the post  :-\,so if anyone needs the link i`ll email them,Gaz  ;)

matt

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2006, 05:40:12 pm »
Im thinking of that kind of trolley and a hose reel onboard

fit 1 of a tank to it, and away i go

the only thing i dislike it the hose going through dog and cat poo, it somewhat puts me off the idea

steve k

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006, 05:48:04 pm »
matt,
have all your local animals got a toilet problem?? ???

BIG tip...stay out of back alleyways!! - do front only ;D

simbo

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
for trolly they are on ebay under sack trucks or gardening online 39 inc vat del a smart looking trolly i think.
gaz i was thinking of ro from ro-man only 75 galon how many stges do i need my water is around 300 mark i am only looking at using around 100-150 ltr a day max for three days work.
about power pack my thoughts were as yours, not looking the best, but if it fits inside the bars at the rear i think i have a very good way of covering and also looking smarter
did originally think of putting pump and bat in there but can see that it is not big enough
i will have more questions, cheers mate simb0

H h20

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2006, 10:40:56 pm »
Simbo,i don`t have a 12v powerpack on my trolley i use a 28amp hr golf battery it`s small and compact and it`s housed in a plastic box thats sits on the back on the wheel axle, but will soon be having a smart metal box made to measure, sprayed and welded to it,it`ll look smart,Gaz

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2006, 11:37:24 pm »
Please dont take this wrong guys. I bet that by the time some of you have finished  (if you ever do) you could easilly have bought an "off the shelf" bit of kit.

I do understand where you are all coming from. I never.. ever actually finish tinkering with my glider that I fly. Always some bright idea popping into my mind that just might keep me in the air a few seconds longer, make it fly a little faster without height loss.. and so it goes on. and on.. and on. :)

I know that I could have bought a new glider with much better performance than mine for less than I have spent on mine over time but thats not the point. The point is.. that it IS mine.  I know you will all undestand :)

Andrew

matt

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:42 pm »
Please dont take this wrong guys. I bet that by the time some of you have finished  (if you ever do) you could easilly have bought an "off the shelf" bit of kit.

I do understand where you are all coming from. I never.. ever actually finish tinkering with my glider that I fly. Always some bright idea popping into my mind that just might keep me in the air a few seconds longer, make it fly a little faster without height loss.. and so it goes on. and on.. and on. :)

I know that I could have bought a new glider with much better performance than mine for less than I have spent on mine over time but thats not the point. The point is.. that it IS mine.  I know you will all undestand :)

Andrew

mine has now cost me 400 quid, for the complete system with THREE brush heads

simbo

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:17 am »
gaz i can see that you have used battery, but looking at trolly looks like ther is enough room within the frame to house power pack as that area i plan to have covered with a door fitted on the front so nobody will see it, also saving a few pounds, the only thing you will see is the pump which i will mount same place as yours then have front cage made ,should look pretty good.
cheers simb0

H h20

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 09:33:10 am »
Simbo,when you say you are putting a cage on the trolley will it be permanatly fixed to it? only how will you fold the foot plate? or won`t you need to?
I fold the foot plate so it can be folded when in the van,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »
Gaz,
I have a sack truck- a great RO system in place- 2 water butts full of 00tds water, 10 x 25 litre containers.
NOW...to make a trolley, I need a pump and a battery...what do you recommend??

Do they not need to be housed in a waterproof box??

I have seen powerpacks which seem very expensive to me.

You mention a golf cart motor.

I have a 75psi Flojet pump running my van mount but I hear recommendations to get a 100psi pump for a trolley ???

On my van mount, I have a simple hoselock valve at end of hosereel where pole hose fits and I use this to turn on/off water supply with no problems with the pump.

I intend using a transfer pump to pump the water into my van tank and I also need to fill up containers for a days work...probably 5 containers would do in conjunction with my van mount.

Do you simply tap the water into your containers?
Or do you have a transfer pump to do the job quickly?

cheers ;)

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:10 pm »
Hi Steve

You dont NEED a 100 PSI on a trolley. We fit the Shurflo 100PSI because its specifically designed for WFP use. Low flow rate at high pressure so it cuts down on wastage and will work any height pole. Also the fact that you can use the trolley to power a tank if you want or need to.

I will always recommend the Varistream for flow control and pump protection. We could leave it off the freedom trolley and either make it a bit cheaper or make a few more quid but I found it to be so good at what it does that I felt it essential to get the best out of the trolley. Some will disagree but the general wisdom is that its well worth the investment.

I use a transfer pump because its so quick. Having said that if you are only filling up a few containers then a tap should do just fine. I guess that one is all about how quick you want to get finished and have a beer :)

Cheers

Andrew

matt

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2006, 07:59:05 pm »
Steve

what pump to buy for your trolley

i was only thinking when reading your "day in the life" instead of you moving the van 20 meters, you could do with a Trolley

anyways, back to it

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=166

its a smaller pump and doesnt eat battery power like the others, Jeff swears by it, and what he doesnt know, aint worth knowing

Ive also used 1 for 12 months solid now, and its a cracker

matt

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006, 08:01:21 pm »
that same thread has a pic of a pump box made ;)

steve k

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2006, 08:06:37 pm »
on next weeks instalment ;D...you will see a job I do where a trolley would be ideal.

I am in a position of luxury really at the moment, in that I have the van and it is great...but I can now take a little time with no real urgency to try and put together a working trolley system...a combination of the 2 would be great. ;)

simbo

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »
gaz nevr thought of losing the folding action, but prob stll go ahead at a later date. the reason for caging in the tank is just to take sight away from the fact it is a sack truck and nothing else, once the truck comes i will see how the power pack or bat fits in between the rear frame and have that plated over aad powder coated, that is the plan anyway, wil get the thing working first
cheers simb0

H h20

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2006, 09:43:05 pm »
Steve,what i do is i have the pump and battery fixed on the trolley the pump isn`t covered no need but i do have the golf battery in a plastic box but i`m having a nice metal one made and fitted properly, then when i need to run the van tank i just leave the trolley in and connect it to the tank and if i need to use the trolley i just pull it out the van stick on a container and im off no need for 2 pumps or 2 batterys,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2006, 06:00:17 am »
so when fitting to the van tank, you take the hose from the barrel and fit to van tank outlet hose...how do you do this...hozelock??
Then on the other side of trolley at end of short length of hose where you attach pole (coming from pump),,,do you attach this via hoselock, to your van hosereel?

OR...do you have hozelock connectors on the pump inlet and outlet and attach your tank hose outlet to inlet side of pump and your hosereel to the outlet side of pump?

The trolley is used as a mobile pumping station then..??

How do you switch the trolley pump on? where and how do you fit the switch?

The battery in my van is a deep cycle leisure battery and very heavy...
do people really carry these on their trolley??

Does a golf trolley battery last long and is it powerful enough to do the job of supplying electricity to the pump?

;D ;D ;D Thanks

H h20

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 11:32:54 am »
Steve heres a couple of pics,the trolley stands in the van,with a length of hose from the tank i have a hozelock type connector that pushes on the inlet side of the pump then theres a length of hose that goes from the outlet side of the pump again with a hozelock type of connection then to my hosereel then from hose reel it connects to my pole,the battery is housed in the orange plastic box(for now), it`s a 28amp hr and it lasts all day,when i need to use the trolley i disconnect it from the van tank and hosereel,i have got an on/off waterproof switch fixed to the trolley connected between the battery and pump, then if you look at my earlier posted pics you can see how the trolley is set up,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 05:10:38 pm »
Thanks very much!! ;D ;)

jeff evans

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2006, 07:23:29 pm »
GAZ

WHAT SIZE TANK IS THAT IN YOUR VAN ?
WHERE DID YOU GET IT ,AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST.

CHEERS JEFF.

YOU SEEM TO BE THE MAN WHO FINDS ALL THE BARGINS

H h20

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2006, 07:28:59 pm »
GAZ

WHAT SIZE TANK IS THAT IN YOUR VAN ?
WHERE DID YOU GET IT ,AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST.

CHEERS JEFF.

YOU SEEM TO BE THE MAN WHO FINDS ALL THE BARGINS
LOL  ;D,Hi Jeff,ye i am a bargain hunter,i love the challenge,
the tank is approx 100 litre and it`s an atv sprayer,it comes with a 60 psi shurflo pump(i have sold),i bought it a couple of months ago in the winter sale for £105
but if you go on to ebay and tipe in sprayer they are on there similar price,Gaz

jeff evans

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2006, 08:14:03 pm »
CHEERS GAZ
KEEP HUNTING THEM BARGINS DOWN ;) ;)

pur

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2006, 11:47:54 pm »
Here's a website which will give you some tank sizes

http://www.sprytech.uk.com/acatalog/SPOT_SPRAYERS.html
Dydd da pawb.