carl_foster

amount of work a day
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:25:15 pm »
HI ALL HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY CLEANED 35 HOME TODAY NORMAL 3 BED HOMES MY BEST DAY  EVER ME AND MY MATE WHATS THE NORMAL AMOUNT OF WORK CAN BE CLEANED IN A NORMAL 9 TILL 5 DAY ??????
 ;D I DO ABOUT 15 TO 20 A DAY WHAT ABOUT AL YOU !!! THANKS CARL

macc

Re: amount of work a day
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 10:15:39 pm »
hi karl. same here mate. ive a van mount so setting up and moving can be a pain. but most of my time i dont have 2 set up for 1. but then i can set up and be loaded back up same time as trad, charging more now im using wfp so im still on a winner. macc

master cleaner

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:36:10 pm »
this monday we cleaned 52 3 bed houses upstairs wfp downstairs trad
started 9am finished 1610

this was 2 of us

thanx

gary

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 10:47:39 pm »
Hi guys.

Its not really about how many for me. It's how much  :D

Having said that Using WFP for all upper floor work and all houses where they are leaded or georgian I am now at least 40% faster. If they were all 3 bed semis very close to each other I could knock out around 25 to 30 in 7 to 8 hrs.  My work is a bit more spread out than that. Some days I will do only around 10.  One particular day of the round I do only 3 in the day but thats one of my best paying days :)  ;)

Andrew

steve k

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 07:57:26 am »
Agree with Andrew, if you are charging well and achieving your daily target pretty easily, you can knock off earlier or keep going for a even better day. If you HAVE to do 30 houses to get your wage in, when you park up at the beginning of the day, those 30 semis look pretty horrendous and demoralising.

On a timescale though...I can do 25 in 6-7 hours

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 03:07:52 pm »
30  a day average £8.00/£10.00 houses relatively compact 6/7/hrs
wfp up and down

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 05:08:05 pm »
Well I only did 5 accounts today, started at 9.10am and finished at 2.50pm with a 30 minute break around lunchtime, and another 30 minutes lost as had to pick up daughter and take her into town for her lift to work.

Not that I'm complaining mind....this day of work only comes around once every 8 weeks, and it's my single biggest earning day on the round, the next biggest comes around once a month and thats tomorrow ;D
And that is £100 less than today, which also happens to be £70 more than my average good day ;)

So it really matter not a lick how many you can knock out in a day, the bottom line is how much you can earn in that day :P

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 06:55:17 pm »

Still on traditional but moving over to WFP in next couple of days, self build.
  Best I 've done 11 houses trad in one day ( bit slow ), so with WFP hope to
  better this.

Have warned er in doors that I will be coming home early soon for some
  passion ;D ;D ;D

Y, we all wish.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 07:42:07 pm »
wfp up and down

That's a very good average.

I've just had a look and we did 23 houses today.  Average sized ones.  Wor Lass worked from 9.30 am till 2.00 pm and I worked from 9.30 am till 4.00 pm.

I probably had about an hour's worth of breaks.  My last five houses I WFP tops and bottoms.

And we only did 23!

An average of 30 houses a day for one person is extremely good if you can do it.

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 07:58:28 pm »
wfp up and down

That's a very good average.

I've just had a look and we did 23 houses today.  Average sized ones.  Wor Lass worked from 9.30 am till 2.00 pm and I worked from 9.30 am till 4.00 pm.

I probably had about an hour's worth of breaks.  My last five houses I WFP tops and bottoms.

And we only did 23!

An average of 30 houses a day for one person is extremely good if you can do it.

250 - 300 a day for 1 person, thats a good earner

'fraid i dont come close to that

macc

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 10:41:18 pm »
u will matt, mine is creeping.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 09:40:01 am »
you can do that now and then. not all the time.#

So i am assuming one man turns over £1500 in one week .

I doubt it very much ,i have been in this game long enough to know what you can and cant earn.

If the above is true you are in that magic less than 1% of supermen on super prices.

The AVERAGE w/c turns over less than £400 per week before expenses and deductions and that is someone who has been cleaning a long time ,not just starting out

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:30:30 pm »
you can do that now and then. not all the time.#

So i am assuming one man turns over £1500 in one week .

I doubt it very much ,i have been in this game long enough to know what you can and cant earn.

If the above is true you are in that magic less than 1% of supermen on super prices.

The AVERAGE w/c turns over less than £400 per week before expenses and deductions and that is someone who has been cleaning a long time ,not just starting out
sorry mate, not super man but my round is very compact and i do do that every day i go out but not all week.
i bought most of the round off a chap who used ladders and it took him 5 days a week to complete it over 4 weeks.
i now do it in 3 days a week and yes it is true-
excluding over heads i bring in over £600.00 weekly and im not just starting out, been an abseil w/c since1990 and only worked for myself since april. i also worked as workshop manager for ionics in the early days when they first started up production of their wfp systems and saw how much £££ you could make with it so now im giving it a go.
please dont think i was bragging, im just so chuffed i now do something i really love and the rewards are fantastic. i was only trying to show a bit of encouragement to others with regards to wfp.
used to bust my arse sat in a harness getting paid £100.00 per day hanging aroun,getting blown about stuck 20 odd floors up a building for over 8 hrs a day and now lifes much easier working less hrs on more than double that. like i said, not bragging or talking crap. just happy and really quite chuffed.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 04:06:20 pm »
£600   well thats a lot less than £1500 
Very misleading .i have a very good round myself and know what it takes to earn that type of money.
No wonder so many people are coming into the trade with figures being branded about like that.

I am not having a dig .but i think it is time we stopped talking about money like they have done on the other forum.

You dont see other trades other than plumbers who state there earnings and look what is happening in plumbing know .Thousands of new plumbers affectively stifling prices in some areas.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 05:40:04 pm »
wfp up and down
whats misleading?
didnt say i was out 7 days a week
assumption is the mother of all cock ups
i only work 3 days a week cos thats all ive got, but im working on the other 2.....................

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 05:42:25 pm »
bit slow with my maths here....
average £8.00/£10.00 per house doesnt work out at £1500.
thats £10.00 per house
would be good but not what ive got............

Ian_Giles

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 06:19:24 pm »
bit slow with my maths here....
average £8.00/£10.00 per house doesnt work out at £1500.
thats £10.00 per house
would be good but not what ive got............

30 houses at £8.00 a pop is still £240 per day, thats £720 in the 3 days, which isn't the same as £600 :P

It highly unlikely you could knock out £240 a day every day doing accounts of that size, that's a prodigous work rate.
With the bigger houses I know it can be done, but even that is a chalenge to achieve.

Small domestic work on ordinary estates can become self limiting, they are not all easy access, gates and hedges get in the way, customers talk to you, the phone rings, some day you are not always on top of your game.
The weather plays an important factor too

30 accounts in a day is still doing 5 or 6 an hour, don't forget, your working day may well be 6 or 7 hours long, but you won't actually be working continuously for that time.
Time will be lost moving from account to acoidiot, sometimes you'll need to go to the loo, as I said before, you also have to talk to customers, or write out invoices, eat food.

Genesis_windows may well do 30 houses a day on average (which also means doing considerably more than that on occasions, as well as fewer on others) but very, very few will be able to work at that pace on that size account.

If you are out for roughly 7 hours a day and you can do roughly the equivalent of 20 £8.00 houses in a day you are doing damn well.

Any window cleaner that can average £100 per day every day will also be above the average.
Thats 26k per year.

How many of you have submitted accounts to the tax man that come close to that?? (one man bands only)

The average income for window cleaners across the country is apparenty £17,500.

The potential is there to earn very good money indeed, newcomers to window cleaning reading the various threads on the forum mustn't get too carried away with the possibilities!!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
Ian you say it so much better than me .that is what i was trying to say ,you good man

Genesis ,mis-understanding ,i was aiming the replies at new people who think by some misleading information that window cleaning leads to a pot of gold.

The average wage for window cleaners near me is about £300 a week ,well the one man bands anyhow.I know because i talk to them.
I earn more than that as i employ my wife and another worker and have just took my son out this week.

busydaffodil

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 06:55:01 pm »

The average wage for window cleaners near me is about £300 a week.

All that work, in the rain, wind, burning sun for £300 for 40 hrs?

I'm not becoming a window cleaner!!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 07:02:32 pm »
not every window cleaner can work 40 hours a week due to

Too wet, too cold, too windy ,too hot

Myself personally only ever work no more than 25 hours a week.
I used to work more than 40 hours ,i just cant do it any more.

After 7 years you start to lack a bit of motivation especially in the winter .