gary999

Re: Tradders, why???
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »
Unless its bigger than your average 3 bed semi I dont find wfp any quicker.

there is this obsession with whose quickest the fact of the matter is its easier on thebody
generally leaving you less tired i can clean lightening quick if needed i dont doubt there
are trad cleaners who are quicker than me out there but you are having to expend loads of
effort and energy to keep thta pace up,for me im using minimum energy  making my life easier
then if i want to ive plenty of energy and time to fit those extra gutter fascia cleans con roof
cleans.

common sense tells me that its better to do the same or more for less :)

keyser soze

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 08:00:16 pm »
i think wfp guys have this obsession with using the best system. funny the thing is i get more custys wanting trad than the other way round , customer always right scenario . i offer both so not biased and speaking from the little experience i have . wfp is easier but trad is superior

gary999

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »
sorry dont want argue but trad isnt superior,hold onto to that sad train of thought
but it boils down to fear of change which in the long run can only be of benefit to YOU!

when a potential customer phones me looking for a window cleaner and most of
my work comes through recomendation if they dont already know about the way i provide my service
i give them the full description i dont then out of fear tell them they can have it anyway they like
and then shove a broom up my arse as well.

i sell my service and myself its all about having faith in the system you are using i decide
the way i clean not the customer if you decide to use trad if it suits your purposes fair enough
but not because a customer is dictating the way you work.

since 2007 i have had only one potential customer who didnt want a quote because
i use wfp

Franky2020

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »
I have been trad for 7 years now and intend staying like it ,on a round quite spread out and like the simplicity and hassle freeness of trad. Ive also continually picked up other customers ,previously Wfp. Having said that im not knocking the system.its what suits everyone ,and just dont get why people on here are so obsessed with whose doing what /

G Griffin

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »
i sell my service and myself

Gary, you're on the window cleaning section. We all know about you on the non-cleaning bit, but is that relevant here?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

spongebob

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:56 am »
you must have been slow trading then, ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or really quick and off up the road with wfp!!!!

gary999

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 09:13:56 am »
i sell my service and myself

Gary, you're on the window cleaning section. We all know about you on the non-cleaning bit, but is that relevant here?  ;D

git! ;D

Mike_G

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 03:19:43 pm »
Unless its bigger than your average 3 bed semi I dont find wfp any quicker.

there is this obsession with whose quickest the fact of the matter is its easier on thebody
generally leaving you less tired i can clean lightening quick if needed i dont doubt there
are trad cleaners who are quicker than me out there but you are having to expend loads of
effort and energy to keep thta pace up,for me im using minimum energy  making my life easier
then if i want to ive plenty of energy and time to fit those extra gutter fascia cleans con roof
cleans.

common sense tells me that its better to do the same or more for less :)

Piece work, quicker I finish the better, whichever way is quickest suits me. As for the tiring out bit, I must be a freak, I can do a day on the windows, ladder, pole whatever and it doesn't really wear me out, every now and then I'll ladder a big job just for the fitness element, that is if I have time to do it and the weathers decent, helps if there is a nice view as well

Steve Sed

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »
I use both but charge more for cleaning trad and pick up loads of customers who dont like wfp so if they want me to clean trad i will but charge more but if the customer has a hard to get to window they understand that i will use wfp plus i enjoy ladder work as well as pole work

I just don't get this. I am wfp only. I have only had one customer in two years say they prefer trad, but after one wfp clean they wouldn't go back. The only people I hear say that their customers prefer trad are those that are trad or offer trad.

Mike_G

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:21 pm »
I use both but charge more for cleaning trad and pick up loads of customers who dont like wfp so if they want me to clean trad i will but charge more but if the customer has a hard to get to window they understand that i will use wfp plus i enjoy ladder work as well as pole work

I just don't get this. I am wfp only. I have only had one customer in two years say they prefer trad, but after one wfp clean they wouldn't go back. The only people I hear say that their customers prefer trad are those that are trad or offer trad.

I do both and I have several who insist on trad, some dont like the windows left went and some have had bad wfp cleaners before me

Steve Sed

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »

Proves my point.  ;D

I do both and I have several who insist on trad, some dont like the windows left went and some have had bad wfp cleaners before me

AuRavelling79

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »

I do both and I have several who insist on trad I let dictate to me how I will clean their windows, some dont like the windows left went and some have had bad wfp cleaners before me

FTFY  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Dave66

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »
as long as you clean and rinse well the finish is perfect... its the wfp cowboys giving it a bad name  ;)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Mike_G

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 01:19:24 pm »
Gold, i offer both, if they prefer trad and I think its safe to do trad thats what I do, if its not I will tell them, I have no problem with the customer choosing trad, why would I? Its not a case of them dictating, I offer a choice. As for the dictate bit I am doing a school tomorrow, all ground floor and they have requested I do it Trad, £400 for a days work or tell them no because I want to pole them instead, what do you reckon I should do with that. Turn them down because they are dictating to me or accept because they have asked me to use traditional methods? Dictate or politely request, I guess it depends how they ask, but nobody has ever dictated to me how I work, not since I was self employed, at least.

cat9921

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:13 pm »
This post is getting off topic to me the question was why traders still clean their way and they have given the answer ( some people prefer trad pick up work from WFP and some just love cleaning trad )

Iam WFP only because it works for me there is work out there for both  ;D

Adders

SB Cleaning

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:23 pm »
sorry dont want argue but trad isnt superior,hold onto to that sad train of thought
but it boils down to fear of change which in the long run can only be of benefit to YOU!

when a potential customer phones me looking for a window cleaner and most of
my work comes through recomendation if they dont already know about the way i provide my service
i give them the full description i dont then out of fear tell them they can have it anyway they like
and then shove a broom up my arse as well.

i sell my service and myself its all about having faith in the system you are using i decide
the way i clean not the customer if you decide to use trad if it suits your purposes fair enough
but not because a customer is dictating the way you work.

since 2007 i have had only one potential customer who didnt want a quote because
i use wfp
[/quoteWell said that man :)

paul kitchiner

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »

You must be very lucky or very good. I have picked loads of wfp work up. I still believe trad is better but also think we pick it up coz wfp is not done properly by a lot of people giving the good guys a bad name

Dave66

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »
i bet if the tradders had a few month poling they'd never go back to climbing  ;)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

dave f

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 09:10:41 am »
i must have been one of the worst critic of wfp until i went out with a pal who showd me what wfp could do when used correctly so i went out a few times with him to get the hang of it what a big differance, i only lost one custy cause he dint like windows wet his wife went nuts. ho and i could get windows over the conni roof/ may be its a few things like fear of loosing custys and change over or just not having the confidence in ones abilityto try some thing diferent . rant over glad i went WFP ;D

julius ilori

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »
GOOD GRIEF GUYS!!!!!....Give it a rest..Pleeeze!....Have done Both..WFP and TRAD..I happen to prefer trad and most of my work is trad.I am 57yrs old and fit as a fiddle, due in no small measure to being active cleaning windows...The people SHOUTING LOUDEST about WFP seem to be trying to convince THEMSELVES.....(empty vessels make the most noise)....I am happy,am my own boss,work when i feel like it,DO NOT SIGN ON,make a very good living,Blah!Blah!Blah!....What more could you ask for??..TRAD, i LOVE TRAD..BUT, MORE IMPORTANTLY.. so do my CUSTOMERS..go figure!! ;) ;) ;)