jay moley

Enquiries - all unsuitable
« on: August 15, 2020, 09:39:43 am »
All the enquiries I'm getting are either one off cleans or houses without side gates.

I'm not interested in either.

Trying to build a quality round, no rubbish.

Need some better luck I think.

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Enquiries - all unsuitable
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 09:55:37 am »
All the enquiries I'm getting are either one off cleans or houses without side gates.

I only take on approx 1 in every10 enquiries, maybe even less at times.
Comfortably Numb!

jay moley

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 10:30:35 am »
Had a walk up yesterday while I was cleaning. Only wanted the front done. She started saying she doesn't normally pay that blah blah blah. I'm normally very polite but had a stressful day yesterday so I just said "don't have it then" and walked away.

jk999

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:41:43 am »
I have only ever bit back twice in my window cleaning career but to be honest im always polite because there are alot of vicious people who will blacken your name which could result in not getting many customers in the area because they have been told your a nasty person .its like the other week i tried to have a laugh with someone on here only to be attacked with nasty comments so now i try not to comment on alot of posts now .there were alot of good guys on here who left because of vile people

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 11:47:13 am »
Had a walk up yesterday while I was cleaning. Only wanted the front done. She started saying she doesn't normally pay that blah blah blah. I'm normally very polite but had a stressful day yesterday so I just said "don't have it then" and walked away.
Not a good attitude to have saying that, no matter what mood your in always have a smile on your face and good manners, it goes along way in this job.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 08:56:33 pm »

It's not about luck - perhaps in your advertising you need to mention you don't do bespoke cleans or properties without side access

Personally I think your missing a trick not doing one off work, because you charge accordingly, but more importantly you get seen in the street and make the public more aware of your presence which in turn brings more work

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jay moley

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 12:04:40 am »
Not a good attitude to have saying that, no matter what mood your in always have a smile on your face and good manners, it goes along way in this job.

So youve never had a bad day? Not like I told her to F off

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 06:12:00 am »
I recently had a bloke who after quoting a price for window cleaning said "would it be cheaper if i just cleaned the glass and not the frames"

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 10:01:40 am »

Yes i have off days but i always have a professional attitude with customers.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 10:39:54 am »

i've had plenty of bad days. not spoken to a walk up like that, but i have had some edgy conversations with customers over the phone at times which i'm not proud of

nothing wrong with fronts only. just charge accordingly. We're £10 min for front only now. plenty still sign up for them and they are so quick to do it makes me laugh. if you get 30 of those a day on one round you'll be laughing and finished by lunch time.

we do one off cleans also. we just charge 3 times the normal price with a min of £65. I did 2 on friday last week myself. driving and cleaning included they took 90 min. i think i earned £170+ on them. one was a 3 bed semi for £65 and the other a detached 4 bed which was over £100.

just think through your prices and your T&Cs and offer them a service that works for you.

all our one off cleans have to pay to book the job in so we never have any not at  homes either.

they're good jobs to get

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

swanson

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 10:46:35 am »
I will always do one off cleans
They are good earners and 9 times out of 10  they will come back.
Never be rude to customers just smile and say that’s fine.

swanson

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 10:48:14 am »
Also
£100 for a four bed that’s very good .
Have to start upping my prices on the one offs ;D

jay moley

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 04:10:41 pm »

God I wish I could be like you. What a hero.

swanson

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 06:06:23 pm »
It’s just having good manners

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 06:37:36 pm »
I've had quite a few enquiries over the last few weeks....all politely declined...all had no or awkward access to the back windows....no thanks......
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 06:54:19 pm »

God I wish I could be like you. What a hero.
Cheers ;)