scottish

Wanted, water tank
« on: August 03, 2004, 07:50:07 pm »
any suggestions where I can get plastic tanks from.
variety of sizes needed, from 200l to 600l

bengiles

Re: Wanted, water tank
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:49:50 pm »
hia mate,

i make baffled plastic tanks and can make you any size with outlets where you want.

as a rough idea on price, a 4'x2'x2' tank about 450L will cost you £280 + vat and delivery.

call me on 01239 621821or 07970 918641

regards ben

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:04:57 am »
I paid nearly 200 quid for a 500 litre water tank three years ago and have just bought two one thousand litres tanks with mesh surround for 20 quid each - from scrap yard

thesaint

Windsor Passport?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 08:41:47 pm »
Can anyone help?

Does anyone know what a windsor passport is?
who makes them?

Thanks

Mark

rockape

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:10:59 pm »
what scrap yard was that then?
john

Glynn

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 07:43:32 pm »
A widsor passport is a portable all-in-one carpet soil extractor, its made by windsor in the usa

http://www.windsorind.com/index.shtm
Regards
Glynn

bengiles

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 11:59:01 am »
just a thought, if the tank is to go into a vehicle the tanks spoken about here in mesh surrounds are probably ibc tanks which need baffling, this is usually done using 4" pipe, but when full of pipe the tank will weigh nearly 400kg! hence if the payload on your van is only 1000kg together with your weight and all the other tools you carry you will only be able to carry 300 or so Litres as your insurance will be void! which defeats the point of such a large tank.  if its for water storage............. £20 is a snip, just wash it out well as they are normally used for chemicals.

regards ben 01239 621821

cedric

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:45:24 am »
Usually your local pallet yard will have some IBC`s in.....

1000 lts of water = 1 metric tonne so as already pointed out be careful with weight.

As for baffles......it`s funny watching people see our vans "rocking" when we pull up quick at traffic lights.

We have even had `fone calls asking what`s going on.....then it`s a sales opportunity isn`t it.

bengiles

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 02:17:23 pm »
how unproffesional is that!!!!!! :

a.  you spell phone like this!!

b. in this industry safety is a must, anyone who has a 1000 L tank unbaffled in  a van which allows the van to rock has no regard for safety.  1000L or 1 Tonne of water would be enough to push you through traffic lights, not stop if a child ran out etc.  all tanks have to fit the road traffic law that says... all loads must be deemed safe, sorry but a van rocking due to lack of baffling is not funny, it is not safe and should not be taken lightly.  if anyone agrees with these sentiments please post a reply so i dont seem to be the only one who will speak out about this.

regards ben

tom_currie

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 01:15:00 am »
well ben talk about others being unprofessional on tanks
bought tank from you sent you a message that the tank not baffled nearly enough as it rocked about in van  you said you would see what could be done and a price for it.
but realy the tank should have been properly baffled when made as it was sold to me as a baffled tank not as it is water rocking every where,,.. had to take out of van as it could have caused problem ..what you call baffled and i call baffled cant be the same ..

bengiles

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 10:20:50 am »
call me on 01239 621821, i will get the tank collected and re- baffled at no charge.  dont know why there is a problem with your tank mate, so sorry.  not had any other complaints, and the tanks are baffled well.  call me and i will sort it out immediately.

regards ben

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 08:09:25 pm »
When is a baffle not a baffle? Not a trick question, also weight spread and gravity comes into.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 11:07:00 pm »
It is in a van that is certified to carry such weight, it is secured in that van,there is an internal bulkhead in the van, the brakes are made to stop such weight.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 01:33:57 pm »
I'm not sure about legislation with baffled tanks but if the vehicle rocks then I'm afraid I agree - that can't be entirely safe.

Regards

Mike

(let's try not to get personal with this thread!)

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 04:56:14 pm »
 ::)..You see that`s the problem with people making assumptions isn`t it.!

As described above...everything is secure and the van is legally up to the job of carrying  such weight.

Even petrol & milk tankers have a "certain amount of rock" when they pull up sharpish and that`s what ANY vehicle with any liquid in will do, even with baffles.  Assuming of course that whoever has made the baffles has done a good job, not as has been described in this thread.

It amuses me to think that certain people must sit at their computer with visions of vans doing the fandango down the road because they carry liquid.  Get real.

As my original thread has been edited, I`ll put my comments in a more delicate way.

If anyone thinks that I or anyone else who carries liquid in a vehicle, baffled tank or not, is dangerous because of their own deluded visions then they are entitled to their own opinion.  However wrong they may be!!

Check the facts before replying to a thread....or do people reply for the gratification of getting more gold stars??  There seems to be a few of them about.

sue bell

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 09:39:53 pm »
e-mail admin@scotgum.com....... there you will get water tanks nice and cheap.

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 03:21:11 am »
cleantech.co.uk                250ltr only £92  lots of other sizes  gary