Jan K

Re: Bleach
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 04:00:19 pm »
Hi Tim and all!

I must admit I hate bleach! BUT and a big one at that, I will use it if push comes to shove (which it invariably does). I had a new customer's bathroom to clean with a walk in shower, glass doors etc. I don't think it had been cleaned for a very long time and the mould was so bad you couldn't even see the grout and silicon sealer in the bottom 1/4 of the shower. Needless to say, 1 bottle of bleach later (and a pair of lungs filled with bleach fumes as I had to get in the shower and shut the doors to get to a fair bit of the mould!!) I emerge from an extremely clean and bright shower cubicle.

I was very impressed as I didn't think it would get as clean as it did (the customer was over the moon and had been leaving ecstatic notes ever since).

The only 2 reasons I don't like bleach it because of the smell and the damage it can cause if it gets where it shouldn't, apart from that excellent cleaner. ;D
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Unique

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 10:09:59 am »
Jan

I know bleach is not everyone's cup of tea, and for good reasons but for the above problems that you mentioned nothing beats it.  Customers are always impressed if you can make tiles, grouting, old painted window frames brighter and clean of the black stuff.  We actually use flash with bleach.  A little bit more than a cheap version but worth it.

BeeClean

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 09:39:42 am »
actually the NHS still recommends cleaning most things with sodium hypochlorite (bleach)  :o