End of Tenancy/Estate Agent Cleans
« on: August 30, 2004, 05:16:11 pm »
A couple of questions.

Setting prices - I have been advised to set a price depending on how many rooms to clean rather than hourley rate, is this the best way to go?

A silly question, what to you do about hot water for cleaning if the utilities have been cut off? I hate cleaning with cold water  . . .  any suggestions?

Cheers
DD  :)

Just a cleaner.

Re: End of Tenancy/Estate Agent Cleans
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 05:31:44 pm »
Most estate agents expect you to have a fixed price for each size of property.

Think about what sort of hourly rate you want and how many hours you think it would take to clean a basic 2 bed flat, times that by your hourly rate & stick on some profit. That should be your starting price up your price by about 5 per cent for each extra room.
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 03:24:10 pm »
Most estate agents expect you to have a fixed price for each size of property.

Think about what sort of hourly rate you want and how many hours you think it would take to clean a basic 2 bed flat, times that by your hourly rate & stick on some profit. That should be your starting price up your price by about 5 per cent for each extra room.

Thanks Norman, do you charge more for furnished? Also, what about external windows?

Do you do carpet cleaning or do you get someone else in to do that?

Cheers
DD  :)

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 11:30:50 pm »
this is a difficult area, we are very active in this market place as we do estate agency cleans prior to marketing, and end of tenancy cleans.  along with other condstructionsite cleanining.

pricing-- most people would look for a fixed price, what you need to be sure of is the type of premises, and also the state of the property.  As the workload is very different,

for example - one property last week, 3 bed detached premises with ensuite bathroom, 4 years old standard clean, cooker clean, and garden cut and tidy, the decoration was brilliant 3.5 hours job done.

property the day before- 25 years old, 3 bed property only one bathroom, 20 bags of rubbish, cockroach infestation full carpet shampoo throughout, and curtain cleaning.

so two totally different properties, but supposedly the same work.  

be careful, advise of any extra work before doing any work, so that payment is agreed.

regards

martin

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 11:53:05 pm »
this is a difficult area, we are very active in this market place as we do estate agency cleans prior to marketing, and end of tenancy cleans.  along with other condstructionsite cleanining.

pricing-- most people would look for a fixed price, what you need to be sure of is the type of premises, and also the state of the property.  As the workload is very different,

for example - one property last week, 3 bed detached premises with ensuite bathroom, 4 years old standard clean, cooker clean, and garden cut and tidy, the decoration was brilliant 3.5 hours job done.

property the day before- 25 years old, 3 bed property only one bathroom, 20 bags of rubbish, cockroach infestation full carpet shampoo throughout, and curtain cleaning.

so two totally different properties, but supposedly the same work.  

be careful, advise of any extra work before doing any work, so that payment is agreed.

regards

martin

Thanks Martin.

I guess then if the Estate Agent requests set prices I would say this is subject to me surveying the property as there could be extra work with extra costs?

Are Estate Agents loyal to a cleaning firms? Do they tend to like a reliable service as opposed to price?

Cheers
Bev

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 03:48:59 pm »
you will be amazed that estate agents are selling properties for hundreds of thousands of pounds, but do they want to pay for cleaniung and remedial works, no that dont.

So tread the line carefully, with regard to the service price issue, deliver the service, to the client and then that generates the continuity of work.

Too many cleaning companies promise and dont deliver, so generate your own loyalty by delivering the service, and then use that as the lever for the higher price.

also make sure that all your paperwork is upto scratch, ie coshh, method statement, and risk assement, along with insurance, bind it all up and deliver it to the client, sell the idea that you are fully compliant to the cleint.  

take the headache away from the client, and become their preferred supplier. so that when any job arises, they ring you automatically, because

a) they know you do the job, when and as required

b) you are fully upto date legislation wise.

they will love it, and you can then charge a little more.

regards

martin

i hope that all makes sense.

regards

martin

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 06:47:02 pm »
Does make sense and you are dead right with the presentation of who you are following up with the first class service, it is the only way and the way I am going to operate.

I will develop into Estate Agent cleans over the next few months (unless they come knocking at my door as I am so darn good!).  Helps when I can give references of my great work!

Cheers
Bev

ccs19

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 03:08:05 am »
Pricing, it depends on what they want doing, your estimate of time and man power and whether you want the work or not. I have never found two properties the same.
As for cold water, use jangro products, brilliant in cold water.