Clients Equipment
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:15:01 pm »
I have had conflicting on this, if I use the clients vaccum and cleaning products for a domestic clean, do I need to have them PAT tested and Data Sheets?

How much to do knock off your using their stuff instead of own price wise?

Also, do I need to carry my own first aid kit in with me to jobs?

Advice welcome!

DD  :)

GABISCOS

Re: Clients Equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 11:04:15 pm »
Hello You do need to carry own first aid kit, due to health and safety reasons, you should not use their equipment being not PAT tested, well if you do prefer to use their equipment, you should PAT test it with their permission and the idea of reducing charges, I will not  if PAT testing and maintenance, they are giving it to me at their free will.

Fox

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 04:24:42 am »
Somebody may come along and shoot me down on this one!  But here goes!

DO NOT charge less for useing the clients products - infact sell it as you are doing them a favour!  

As for COSHH - as you are not supplying you are not required by law to provide - however you are required to supply guidelines on the use of chemicals which covers general use and common sense.

PAT testing? LOL - do you have someone to call round every year to check your iron, hoover, toaster etc! Don't make me laugh!  For P&EL purposes you need a risk assessment on these items, enough said as long as it is done properly you are fine.  Commercial is slightly different responsibility (I always ensure the client includes my equipment in their anual check)  but you should be safe with average risk assessment with your line.

Fox

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 11:26:07 am »
Somebody may come along and shoot me down on this one!  But here goes!

DO NOT charge less for useing the clients products - infact sell it as you are doing them a favour!  

As for COSHH - as you are not supplying you are not required by law to provide - however you are required to supply guidelines on the use of chemicals which covers general use and common sense.

PAT testing? LOL - do you have someone to call round every year to check your iron, hoover, toaster etc! Don't make me laugh!  For P&EL purposes you need a risk assessment on these items, enough said as long as it is done properly you are fine.  Commercial is slightly different responsibility (I always ensure the client includes my equipment in their anual check)  but you should be safe with average risk assessment with your line.

Fox

Thanks finally for some honest advice Fox! I have had conflicting all the way.  I have been going around in circles.

I used to work for an OH&S Consultant over in Oz so I think the old "Too much knowledge" comes to mind.  Mind similar rules with using customers stuff applied also.

Thanks as always.

DD  :)