jamiesroom

WHAT CERTIFICATES ARE INCLUDED IN A TENDER?
« on: August 25, 2004, 01:54:31 pm »
Does anyone know what certificates are supposed to be included in a tender document for the contract cleaning of a large building? The gentleman i spoke to (though i am not sure) i think told me that they wanted us to put in some sort of certificate to state that all the consumbles to do with the contract cleaning will be part of the tender price and i wanted to know if anyone had any insight about this?? Are there any certificates related to the supply of consumbles in a tender? Or could it be some other certificate they are talking about?? Anyway if anyone could shed some light on this matter i will be eternally grateful. And by the way its urgent too!!!

Many thanks

Big_Fish

Re: WHAT CERTIFICATES ARE INCLUDED IN A TENDER?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 03:37:56 pm »
Hello,

I dug out an answer to a question like this last week, it's still posted in the FAQ section under "Writing A Tender".
Hope it's useful.

BFN

Fox

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 07:43:48 pm »
I had a client ask me if my tender to clean a submarine included all the products - I looked at the price of waterless and decided to not to SUBmit in the end.

DP

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 09:14:21 pm »
Fox
lol, I know the waterless periscope cleaner can be a bit expensive these days but perhaps you should of looked for a decent SUBstitute.

Re certificates
I know some certificates can be incorporated into various types of contracts, but this just sounds like the guy wants a commitment from you that he aint paying any more for all the chemicals, bog rolls etc, in this case the word certificate would be wrong, you would need to supply him with a signed suicide note.

For a template try www. kamikaze.com
(just kidding  ;D)
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

jamiesroom

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 03:44:08 am »
Thanks everyone :).....For your informative answers plus the humour as well....lol....i just decided to put instead within the tender that all materials and consumbles and labour etc is included.....Anyway thanks again......Sometimes i think this tender writing game gets more and more confusing by the day lol

Many thanks.

garyj

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 01:32:57 pm »
Yep, writing tenders is a nightmare.
With a lot of the questions I end up thinking what the hell has that got to do with you!!
Some of them want to know the ins and outs of a ducks butt.

I would hate to tender a job that included all consumables, you could easily come unstuck. I'm staggered as to how much toilet roll some companies use and if I had had to hazard a guess as to how many rolls they'd have used a week I would have been waaaaay out.