Terry_Burrows

oven cleaning to start up cost?
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:39:26 pm »
any know idea on what chems you need to start oven cleaning domestic/ commercial :-\ and where you would get these :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

fenclean

Re: oven cleaning to start up cost?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 01:41:09 pm »
Terry. Thats a question thats been asked many times and never answered. It must be the worlds most guarded secret.
Regards Steven.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 01:59:27 pm »
wonderd y the response ;D :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »

keith b

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »
Go to www.dynamic-chemicals.co.uk and look for "carbon-off" and "Catersan"  ;)

If you want bio-degradable, look for a citrus gel cleaner!

Adrian Makel

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20:18 pm »
have often wondered about this myself,was thinking of having a go at it.

excelcrewe

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:42:24 pm »
£50 is all that is needed to start up.  iam asking people nationwide to join my company. your own business but trading under my name .i only ask for £5-per job for me.we are oven cleaning company.you need to get your own clients. one days training ,or more to suit.

bennymon

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 02:48:14 pm »
how much do you guys charge per oven and how long do they take to clean  ive seen adverts for oven cleaning £35 but if this takes 2 - 3 hours then it would be tough to make a living cheers  :)

excelcrewe

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 05:07:06 pm »
i charge £45 for main oven 2-3hours cost of chemicals £3-00per oven.2-3jobs aday

clifford123

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:09:15 pm »
so if someone did 15 jobs per week....they send you £75...or £300 per month.... ???...if anyone was daft enough to do this, what would they be getting for their hard earned dosh???

dave
ovenking

excelcrewe

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:32:13 pm »
unlike franchises you dont pay set fees .only for work done. small outlay to start, unlike franchises £10000plus to start.

paul bruce

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 09:12:40 am »
Is this offer an April fool joke.It would be a fool that took it up.
In the unlikly event that some one did, how would you know how many ovens they have cleaned. :P

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 02:49:27 pm »
Its no big secret ! For cleaning ovens they use caustic soda. Dismantle oven and put all the bits in a big tank of hot caustic soda. Lethal stuff Rubber gloves and eye protection essential.

clifford123

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 07:27:16 pm »
hi all you budding window cleaners...we at Sparkly Sparkly Window Cleaners PLC, have fantastic business opportunity just for you.........all you need to do is send me £2 for each and every window you clean, and in return we will divulge our closely guarded secret where you can obtain your tools of the trade, such as your special bucket, squeegy thingy, sponge and chamoix leather.......yes can you BELIEVE IT....anyhoo that's not all we will allow you to trade under SPARKLY SPARKLY WINDOWS PLC (registered in Trinidad and Tobago) I think ??? Who could turn down a deal like that?....Believe me SPARKLY SPARKLY WINDOWS (do'nt forget the PLC) are really going places.........Come to think of it so am I, just as soon as I rake in  enough dosh from all you budding window cleaners...........................They tell me Trinidad and Tobago is quite nice this time of year 8) 8)

do'nt delay do it today. You know it makes sense...this time next year i'll be a millionare...

yours in anticipation

honest Dave ;)

john meehan

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 07:25:04 am »
send me details please to johnmeehan10@btinternet.com interested in oven cleaning plus training days

excelcrewe

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 07:59:03 pm »
joking apart ovenu take more than this

john smith

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 12:43:54 am »
WHO'S GONNA SPILL THE BEANS THEN :o
This oven cleaning job, is getting me down, everyone is holding these "trade secrets very close to theIr chest" isnt their one person out there who is going to share their knowledge?

i have managed to gather some oven cleaning procedures to share with you guys, :D

Use Astonish for the actual cleaning inside ;)
Windows cleaners scraper blades for scraping carbon off  8)
Caustic soda for the dip tank. ;D thanks for confiming that one vince green
And lots of elbow grease :P

but i still have three problems:
1:  I am really stuck for a tank, my guess is, that they are worth about £100, but who will manufacturer one for me?
2. What is the best way to heat the tanks?, some sort of element in the bottom, or a gas burner of somekind? what exactly is the best way?
3. Where is the best place to get replacement bulbs, filters etc?

surely there is someone who can help us out! ???

TOGETHER WE'LL CRACK IT

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:36:11 am »
you need a gas burner for the process tank and the best place to find replacement bulbs etc is your local domestic appliance shop. I wouldnt use caustic soda as it is too strong. I have a tank for sale if you are intrested ??

john smith

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 12:37:34 pm »
yep, im interested paul, cost depneding of course, email me bentlygt@googlemail.com

clifford123

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 03:05:59 pm »
hope that's your tank problem solved...........DO'NT USE CAUSTIC SODA IN THE TANK OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER....go to EBAY and look up a co. called Mistral Cleaning Products......you can get Carbon Off for cleaning the main oven...and degreaser for mostly everything else............but please make sure you know what you're doing....if not get some training....someone else on this site said he would train for £95 per day....money well spent if your sure, cause you can make a bundle of mistakes....

hope this helps
cheers dave

john smith

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 03:42:23 pm »
Thanks for the caution on using caustic dave, i really thought that was what you guys used. ???

if i can source the tank (hopefully paul will match me up with his), then i do plan to contact the chap who was offering the days training

Many thanks for the links to mistral cleaning

Are you using carbon off in the dip tank dave?

john smith

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 03:56:19 pm »
I've answered my own question on that one, thanks

I see you dilute the carbon off for the dip tank! :)

clifford123

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 06:30:13 pm »
hi john

i use a heavy duty (yellow) degreasing powder for the tank.
the diluted carbon off would probably do just as well, although not tried it.  you can get the powder from
http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/
do'nt order anything just yet, ask your training guy what he uses and then make decide from there.....delivery is usually within 24 hours in any case....

dave
ovenking