Timmy Boy

Whats included on a builders clean
« on: July 17, 2006, 12:18:13 pm »
Hi all
I am just about to send in a quote for cleaning 10 lge detached properties. I have been told that if I do a good job they have a further site for me in a months time so it is in my interests to do a good job. I was going to price at 200 for the builders clean & then 120 for the sparkle (4 bed). The question I have is that although internal windows need doing, will the builder be expecting me to do the externals as well as well? If externals are to be done, can this be done from the inside or is it a ladder job?
Finally how do you remove the mortar/cement etc from the pvc, is it a scraper job with soapy water?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick re this but I don't want to ask the builder these questions for obvious reasons! :-[
Regards
Tim

martin19842

Re: Whats included on a builders clean
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 03:57:40 pm »
hi there

externals, will be

soffits, fascia, downpipes, canopies, porches, service boxes in and out, sweep pathways, all window frames, glass, and internal of window casements, door thresholds.

so i hope that answers the externals question

WAHD dictates a risk assessment re working at height access method!!!!

cleaning windows and removing all tapes external from the inside is sometimes easier said than done.

how many bathroons????  and how big are the kitchens???

i think you are   a bit cheap. !!!

dont price this site on the back of a promise of another, price it as it needs to be done.

are you CIS registered??  if not you wont get paid

are they looking for two cleans or three??  makes a difference to the sparkle clean costing!!

regards

martin

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:54:49 pm »
Hi Martin
Thanks for the information. With regard bathrooms there is 1 main, 1 ensuite & 1 x wc. The kitchen is a kitchen/breakfast area.
RE CIS yes I am indeed.
Regards the costing the client does have 'issues' with his current contractor so he is willing to negotiate on pricing. Would you suggest an increase on builders & sparkle costings? (I would much rather go in heavy & get beaten down rather than vica versa).
Best Regards
Tim

ics highland

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 03:20:42 am »
Think you are a bit cheap.

For a builders clean of this size, including externals we would be looking at £450.00 initial clean and £300 sparkle clean.  And yes we do get the work.

Regards

David

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 08:42:31 am »
hi there

ics highland where are you

are you working for the big boys at those prices?? if  so well done!!!!

regards

martin

lynngc

Re: Whats included on a builders clean New
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 09:53:33 am »
ics highland,
david, get in touch, need a chat, click on my e-mail link.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.